The online racing simulator
I see only pointless posts in this thread lately
When is S3 out?
When this issue is solved. See post #1
Quote from Shotglass :well theres a chance that we will see whats easily the most advances tyre model on the market today:
<vic> if we'd have way faster cpu's the patch would've been out
<vic> but scawen needs to find optimises and trickery to make the updated physics work
that said it might be a while... you dont find a 0x5f3759df every day

Oooh, that would be very nice do see such good physics.

But indeed what is truth, is that many LFS'ers have older PC's and therefor, might not be able to run the new LFS version.

So it's kind off sad that we are waiting so long, because some people don't have the money to buy a new PC.

Maybe we should knock on Bill Gates' door, and ask if he wants to donate a faster PC to all LFS S2 users.
Quote from rockclan :Oooh, that would be very nice do see such good physics.

But indeed what is truth, is that many LFS'ers have older PC's and therefor, might not be able to run the new LFS version.

So it's kind off sad that we are waiting so long, because some people don't have the money to buy a new PC.

Maybe we should knock on Bill Gates' door, and ask if he wants to donate a faster PC to all LFS S2 users.

ey, i believe this is where lfs is so good, you have many settings what will people allow to make it run good on every sort of machine.

im sure that at somepoint, lfs will use more cpu and stuff. but it should still be running on a slightly outdated pc. ( a duo-core or something)
Hi, I played LFS 2 years ago and really liked it. I decided to come back because I heard the new S3 version was coming out. How do I install it?

Thanks,
Quote from rockclan :

Sony don't give a shit that GT5 won't run one a PS1, MS don't care that the new Forza doesn't run on the original Xbox.

LFS should stop supporting obsolete hardware and raise it's minimum required spec.
Quote from Dac :Hi, I played LFS 2 years ago and really liked it. I decided to come back because I heard the new S3 version was coming out. How do I install it?

Thanks,

Use this link.
Quote from Shotglass :<vic> if we'd have way faster cpu's the patch would've been out

Well when Scawen is still using an Intel P4 that does not help with things.
Quote from zeugnimod :Use this link.

The link doesn't work. Is there some way I can get it to update to S3 automatically?
Quote from Dac :The link doesn't work. Is there some way I can get it to update to S3 automatically?

no
Quote from Dac :The link doesn't work. Is there some way I can get it to update to S3 automatically?

You will need to purchase it first.

S3 = content, not new physics

:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:
You guys could help by mentioning the fact that there is no S3 content right now.

Youre not being clever nor funny. If you dont have anything useful to say then keep it to yourself.
Quote from Bean0 :Sony don't give a shit that GT5 won't run one a PS1, MS don't care that the new Forza doesn't run on the original Xbox.

LFS should stop supporting obsolete hardware and raise it's minimum required spec.

Exactly, same as I was thinking. If the game quality suffers because of slower computers, I'd say its a shame. Just do it, how 'heavy' are these physics? Can't you do it with a duo core?
Let's be honest, who still has P4 and that junk?
You all do not realise that Dac does know everything, he's just trying to stir things up, as usual.

Obvius troll is obvius (well, apparently, not to everyone ).
I don't understand, where can I find S3???? I want to download it i'm sick of S2 been using it for years.

Thanks.
Quote from BlackEye :You all do not realise that Dac does know everything, he's just trying to stir things up, as usual.

Obvius troll is obvius (well, apparently, not to everyone ).

Shhhhhh, it keeps the thread alive
Yeah, it doesn't need to be alive if it's filled with flamewars .

Reported you, btw .
I just wanted to point out that the actual required cpu speed to run the new tire physics wasn't mentioned, so a discussion about raising the minimum specs is a bit weird if we don't even know whats needed

Just pointing out that it could be too much for todays highend cpu too (in theory, speculation!)
Quote from BlackEye :Yeah, it doesn't need to be alive if it's filled with flamewars .

Reported you, btw .

Thanks, the more visitors to the thread the more attention the topic gets. The more it's in peoples mind the more it will hopefully put pressure on.
Quote from dumbass0 :You guys could help by mentioning the fact that there is no S3 content right now.

Youre not being clever nor funny. If you dont have anything useful to say then keep it to yourself.

Take a look at Dac's posting history.
Dac, yeah, maybe in theory, but...
Scawen doesn't read this thread and "community pressure" won't make him release it sooner then usual .

Enough from me.
You can troll my PM box as much as you like, tho .
Make me a mod for a day. I'll sort out the trolling.
This thread is closed

[OLD] Tyre Physics Progress Report
(4434 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG