The online racing simulator
Since this thread was started on the thought (opinion) that mouse/pad should be banned. I dont care either way, I race with mouse and have raced with G25. Untill the devs decide that this is a nessasary option then im going to continue to be fast with my mouse. As for the comment on the first page about affording a wheel. I have been racing cars since i was 5years old, now 27, and you can bet your ass that i would much rather spend my money on my real racecars then a wheel for a sim one. That $200 bucks could by me a tire (which i burn off in one night of racing) So which is why i will continue to use a mouse in lfs untill devs otherwise say so, and invest my money into the real deal!
Just my opinion,
[SR] IceMan
I have a G25 and a pad and tbh most of the time i use the pad as its ready to go when i feel the need which isnt much .

A wheel bolted to a desk and a set of plastic pedals on the carpet does not make a sim , your mind makes it a sim if you believe your racing a real car then everything else is just window dressing.

I cant see why people are so eager to ban this and that, pads/mice dont infringe on your enjoyment so why get bent out of shape over it?
Quote from Ales_M :My point was if you wanna simulate something you should do it proper. And I cant see any sense in simulating car driving with keyborad.
Thats just my opinion, if ppl like to drive with kb and mouse, go ahead.

So we should all be playing LFS on full-blown Hydraulic simuators?

That aside, some people lack the space to set up a steering wheel? All we have in the flat atm is the one Laptop, and that spends most of it's time on the coffee table playing films/boxsets of BBC comedies. I have no room to setup a table with a wheel, and then if you're thinking FFB you have to include more spending for a decent table... (the only one we have can barely hold the laptop). I now play with a Gamepad, despite having (and prefering to drive with) my wheel.

Also, I can afford to run an internet connection, a laptop and nothing more because the laptop, the version of LFS and the gamepad were bought before we moved into the flat. Having an internet connection is cheaper than a TV, and we have no spare cash each month, so price is an issue, and we're not freeloaders.
Quote from Kamrock :So we should all be playing LFS on full-blown Hydraulic simuators?

Would be nice yah!
Quote from Inouva :Yeah, mouse drivers and keyboar drivers should be banned to, only wheel in lfs

I believe the wheel is the best controler in lfs and I use it but I bet there are mouse drivers and maybe also ks drivers who would kick your ass very hard in the race...
Quote from Inouva :Yeah, mouse drivers and keyboar drivers should be banned to, only wheel in lfs and the 60% of users dont gona play lfs anymore

See the smiley? It´s a sarcastic statement.

Quote from bavorak :I believe the wheel is the best controler in lfs and I use it but I bet there are mouse drivers and maybe also ks drivers who would kick your ass very hard in the race...

She races with mouse as far as I know.
WHEELS SHOULD BE BANANAD!
KEYBOARDS should ONLY be available.

So everyone sucks like c*nt and I pwnzor everyone.

/me Serious
I'm kinda good with keyboard, driven keyboard from 2002 till 2009 then bought a MOMO.

Yes I am reasonable faster on the most tracks/cars, but some I'm still better with keyboard. I can't drift with the wheel, which I can with keyboard.

So no keyboard and mouse should not be banned, I think it's quiet fair if people who don't own a wheel, should still be able to drive in this wonderful sim.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG