The online racing simulator
#1 - CSU1
Has anyone seen >me< driving lately???
is true no?

TBH, six months ago i dropped the wheel for a ms pad, jesus have i thrashing time on the pad. stats....

honestly it is a must, you can catch every single over/understeer every time. There's a big difference in control from pad to wheel, users of pads have much control over turn rate at beginning of axis but overall feel is limited in mid-range movements of the control.

Pads need to be banned

e;

after looking at my stats, wtf?

doers DD wins not count?
Quote from CSU1 :is true no?

TBH, six months ago i dropped the wheel for a ms pad, jesus have i thrashing time on the pad. stats....

honestly it is a must, you can catch every single over/understeer every time. There's a big difference in control from pad to wheel, users of pads have much control over turn rate at beginning of axis but overall feel is limited in mid-range movements of the control.

Pads need to be banned

Yeah, mouse drivers and keyboar drivers should be banned to, only wheel in lfs
and the 60% of users dont gona play lfs anymore

btw, LFSW should display somewhere , how many ppl with pad or wheel or mouse or keyboard are racing or some kind of stat in general
i use my pad... cars are too loose for me with the wheel...
nabs
Yay. An steering device discussion. Once more.
Hai whats happening here

So I heard pads are good until you have to accelerate out of a corner
#7 - e.M
give me pedals and i will outrace u with my mouse!:throwrose
Where is the fun?
Quote from CSU1 :is true no?

Pads need to be banned

e;

after looking at my stats, wtf?

doers DD wins not count?

Tbh, i see it different.
Ive played for about 3 years with mouse, then 1 year with a gamepad.
And now i drive with a wheel.
I can only speak for me but i find it very easy to catch the car with wheel as with the other two.
And by the way, with wheel u dont really come as often in those situations as with mouse or gamepad
Quote from Inouva :Yeah, mouse drivers and keyboar drivers should be banned to, only wheel in lfs

And some people don't have money for wheel, what should they do? If you'll buy me one, I'll say +1, but if no, I'll say -99999999999.
Quote from matijapkc :
And some people don't have money for wheel, what should they do? If you'll buy me one, I'll say +1, but if no, I'll say -99999999999.

Dude, it was a sarcastic comment. The next line "and the 60% of users dont gona play lfs anymore " should have told you that. She doesn't want only wheel to be allowed at all!
Quote from CSU1 :Pads need to be banned

I know some fast accurate drivers with pads who won't agree with you
Quote from menantoll :Dude, it was a sarcastic comment. The next line "and the 60% of users dont gona play lfs anymore " should have told you that. She doesn't want only wheel to be allowed at all!

All cars simulated in Live for Speed are controlled with steering wheels, using anything else is just plain wrong. There are reasonably cheap wheels available, even good ones if you buy second hand, so the price argument is invalid.

Everyone NOT using a wheel simply doesn't treat LFS as a simulation, which is what it is and deserves to be seen as by its users. If you DO NOT use a wheel, you are NOT driving a virtual car, you are playing a game
-
(brandons48) DELETED by brandons48
Quote from morpha :Everyone NOT using a wheel simply doesn't treat LFS as a simulation, which is what it is and deserves to be seen as by its users. If you DO NOT use a wheel, you are NOT driving a virtual car, you are playing a game

I'm using pad not because I like it, I had a wheel, but it broke. Now I play on pad (if I play at all).
Quote from morpha :...so the price argument is invalid.

Anyone who says that, in my opinion, has no clue about real life(Edit:being the wider, whole world, real life, not the small localised one you are living). There are many reasons why someone may not be able to afford a wheel. No matter how cheap they seem to be to you.
Quote from menantoll :Anyone who says that, in my opinion, has no clue about real life. There are many reasons why someone may not be able to afford a wheel. No matter how cheap they seem to be to you.

There are wheels as cheap as LFS, cut the crap, EVERYONE, yes EVERYONE who can afford a PC capable of running LFS, an internet connection to use it online and the electricity to run the whole arrangement can afford a wheel. It's never a matter of being able to afford, but of justifying the expense.

€: An XBox 360 controller for Windows is more expensive than a couple of wheels.
Quote from morpha :There are wheels as cheap as LFS, cut the crap, EVERYONE, yes EVERYONE who can afford a PC capable of running LFS, an internet connection to use it online and the electricity to run the whole arrangement can afford a wheel. It's never a matter of being able to afford, but of justifying the expense.

€: An XBox 360 controller for Windows is more expensive than a couple of wheels.

Everyone?

Meet John,

His PC was donated to him
TVE purchased LFS for him
His neighbour has wireless and is kind enough to let him use it
After paying his utility bills, his rent and his food bills and his court ordered debts he has nothing left.

Should he not eat for a week to buy a wheel?

He can't afford a 360 controller either as they are even more expensive.

The price argument IS valid
If your finding it hard to control the dynamics of cornering with a wheel, but easy with a controller, your just a bad driver.
Quote from menantoll :Everyone?

Meet John,

His PC was donated to him
TVE purchased LFS for him
His neighbour has wireless and is kind enough to let him use it
After paying his utility bills, his rent and his food bills and his court ordered debts he has nothing left.

Should he not eat for a week to buy a wheel?

He can't afford a 360 controller either as they are even more expensive.

The price argument IS valid

That's 1 case in a million.

BTW I used mouse the first months of lfs. Since I bought the wheel, mouse sucks really hard. I cant even get half the fun. Im not against mouse users but if some day Scawen decides not support mouse or keys anymore, I wont be sad
Quote from menantoll :The price argument IS valid

A freeloader, seriously? And you tell me something about not understanding the real world
Meh, why would you wanna play a simulator if you don't got a wheel? Go play NFS, you won't notice anything else but nicer graphics...

Wheel > *
-
(brandons48) DELETED by brandons48
You said "EVERYONE, yes EVERYONE". I was purely pointing out that you were wrong. EVERYONE would include "Freeloaders"

Did I mention that John was previously in a horrific plane accident which left him mentally scarred for life, unable to work? Would you still call him a freeloader now?

Yes I'm making up an extreme here but EVERYONE includes all the extremes.

I still stand by my earlier statement. The price argument can be very valid to a lot of people.
Quote from menantoll :You said "EVERYONE, yes EVERYONE". I was purely pointing out that you were wrong. EVERYONE would include "Freeloaders"

Yes I'm making up an extreme here but EVERYONE includes all the extremes.

I said everyone who can afford the things (necessary to use LFS [online] in the first place) I listed
Thats the reasons why i dont drive online anymore!

Lfs (and every other sim too) works only with friends or lan good where everybody use the same device.
Quote from morpha :I said everyone who can afford the things (necessary to use LFS [online] in the first place) I listed

Yes you did say can afford, I didn't pick up on that point.

So do you agree that some people can't afford ALL the things neccessary to use LFS online, yet they are still able to play LFS online? Is price a valid argument for these people?

It's all a moot point anyway. Can you seriously expect the devs to thin out their already small market by stopping anyone without a wheel from being able to use LFS?

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG