The online racing simulator
Quote from morpha :If you DO NOT use a wheel, you are NOT driving a virtual car, you are playing a game

Is there anything wrong with that?
Quote from morpha : If you DO NOT use a wheel, you are NOT driving a virtual car, you are playing a game

Well im not exactly playing the guitar am i?
Quote from morpha :All cars simulated in Live for Speed are controlled with steering wheels, using anything else is just plain wrong. There are reasonably cheap wheels available, even good ones if you buy second hand, so the price argument is invalid.

Everyone NOT using a wheel simply doesn't treat LFS as a simulation, which is what it is and deserves to be seen as by its users. If you DO NOT use a wheel, you are NOT driving a virtual car, you are playing a game

LFS is a computer game. Always has, always will. Not that there's anything wrong with that.
Its not! Its a sim and sim shouldnt be treated same as a game like nfs for example. IMO
Quote from e.M :give me pedals and i will outrace u with my mouse!:throwrose

You'd better watch out, because I'll be on your tail.
-
(Töki (HUN)) DELETED by Töki (HUN)
Quote from hrtburnout :You'd better watch out, because I'll be on your tail.

HA HA HA!

Actually, it was a good one.
Quote from Ales_M :Its not! Its a sim and sim shouldnt be treated same as a game like nfs for example. IMO

Games shouldn't be "treated"... It makes you guys look lifeless, because you treat 'em like they're human. You can't treat a game like that. I'm sick of that shit. Damn it, it's a game. It should be only PLAYED. -.-
Just treat it as you want but don't tell others how they should treat it (as long as they aren't wreckers or something, obviously).
#34 - wild
Why does every thread have to turn into a bitch fight these days, Seriously?

Who cares if they play with a Game Pad, Wheel, Keyboard or Mouse? As long as they can control the car and are able to have enjoyment out of it and not ruin it for others then who are we to judge them.

Just because you own a wheel does not mean you are instantly going to be a better driver! Why does everyone think that it does?

As the OP has already stated it is much easier to correct the Oversteer/Understeer on the Pad rather than the Wheel. Therefore removing the argument that wheels are always better.

I've personally driven on all 4 and to be honest I'd have to say my trackball is just as good as my G25 is, and it's only £120 cheaper than the wheel itself! But at the time of buying my wheel I could afford it and I played LFS quite a lot so I could justify the expense of buying it. Which some people can't therefore they have to settle for what they an afford and considering a Mouse and Keyboard pretty much come standard with a computer it seems logical to use them does it not?
wild @ God bless you!
My point was if you wanna simulate something you should do it proper. And I cant see any sense in simulating car driving with keyborad.
Thats just my opinion, if ppl like to drive with kb and mouse, go ahead.
Quote from Ales_M :Thats just my opinion, if ppl like to drive with kb and mouse, go ahead.

You said something else here:

Quote from Ales_M :Its a sim and sim shouldnt be treated same as a game like nfs for example.

Yep dude i said how i see lfs, NOT how other should see it.
Quote from wild :Why does every thread have to turn into a bitch fight these days, Seriously?

maybe because of the lack of updates.
ive always been a person who said, i give them the time they need, but now it has reached a point where even i say, hey whats going on?
the VWS is delayed 1,5 years now (haha) and i can understand the "impatience".
hence the the ppl being annoyed.

so much for OT anyway.

on topic:
everyone what he (she) can afford, ive played a long time with mouse before i got a wheel.
and ive even done world records with it.
its a matter of money and what suits u.
even though wheel does mean the best immerson, it doesnt mean its the best for every player, and its still a game.
#41 - wild
Boosted I understand you and the majority of the Forum are getting a little inpatient at waiting for the Scirocco to come out, but then again so is a lot more people and they don't say anything about it?

The fact is the Scirocco won't be for everyone, take the FBM for example for like 1 month after it was realised 'everyone' was driving it then the novelty soon wore off and they were after more and more things.

Hell I'd like several new cars and tracks but reality is that that probably won't happen any time soon and I accept that won't, but frankly until I master all the Combinations I'm really not that bothered and I'll make do with what I have.
Yann Laprovette is narb? cuz he uses mouse
if you think that everyone should be forced to play with wheel then go play iRacing. It's expensive so they all have wheels and can afford it.
Even then you could use 45 degrees wheel lock and not really have a wheel huh?

LFS is more for all types of gamers. TBH if it was wheel only I never would have got into LFS cause I only had KB when I first found LFS. Slowly progressed over time spending over $4,500 on a sim rig cockpit now. I can't very well turn around now and say piss of if you have no wheel. You can't have a cheap game accesible to everyone and expect that everyone playing wants to invest in a wheel or even the deskspace to hold one. And playing at work would be harder to disguise.

There's abilty to lock out KB/mouse from a particular server with lapper, but then you can still use Joypad as it appears the same as a wheel - "W" in inSim iirc

Just have less aids for mouse/kb if LFS devs want to try force more use of wheels for simulation reasons. Fast steer, analoge smoothing and many other things makes joy/kb/mouse far too easy. Would be nice if that was a server option though, cause ripping LFS with a pad and chase view in an arcade setup is kinda good fun and relaxing to.

Have fun
I play LFS (very easily) with my trackerball mouse
Used to drive with my lil' Joystick, but it is broken now, so I have to stick with mah good ol' keyboard. Overall, it isn't that hard, except on rallycross servers...
Quote from matijapkc :
And some people don't have money for wheel, what should they do? If you'll buy me one, I'll say +1, but if no, I'll say -99999999999.

Quote from menantoll :Dude, it was a sarcastic comment. The next line "and the 60% of users dont gona play lfs anymore " should have told you that. She doesn't want only wheel to be allowed at all!

Exactly what menantoll say

I`m mouse driver and proud of it
random not
All I understood from this thread is that some guy John needs to find a job and stop playing LFS all day long.

Other than that: Since I played dirt 2 a few times at a friend's place(I can't run it in my 10yo PC, obv xD) and some LFS after... There is difference. Dirt 2 looked good on a fkin 42'' TV, and LFS looks (sorry but it does :P) crap on a 19'' monitor. I see LFS as a cool game only after I've been watching Simpsons for example. I don't know if Dirt 2 is classified as a simulator, but imo it beats the hell outta LFS. And, yeah, even tho I'm posting such a negative comment about LFS, it's still the most played game on my PC and my laptop.

Just for the record: I am driving with mouse and it's better than getting my wheel, opening it to fix it up, so it lasts for another 2 hours, plug it in, and have worse experience than with the mouse. The only advantage is that I can accelerate/decelerate more smoothly, which is a bit of a problem some times with the mouse, but if you get used to it it even becomes part of the fun.
dirt is kinda realistic, havent tooled around enough to really decide, i like the ajustments, and my friends sound and stuff on his xbox is :jawdrop:
yeah, i wish they'd bring back dashboard ornaments(what a strange looking word) into the WRC.
The pad balances out, yes you can catch oversteer more easily, but with a wheel you would avoid having that oversteer in the first place. For public racing a pad is good, but as soon as you hit a certain level you need a wheel to compete, especially when it comes to longer races in more powerful cars.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG