The online racing simulator
Induced by the gawd-awful whale-tale. Thankfully it's outta here soon.
I was freaking hoping for my boys Montoya or Kahne to win, oh well.

I hope Carl gets a penalty on top of getting parked. He watched the replay and pretty much saw he cut off Brad's nose. Then he went out to get him back, missed him once, and then took him out at 190mph. If stuff like this keeps going on the phrase won't be "Rubbins racin," it'll be "Retards racin"...

Grats to Menard, well-earned top 5 there.
Not only was it a stupid move in general, but I'm pissed that it robbed us of what was setting up to be an awesome finish between Montoya and Busch, I was really pulling for Montoya to get his first oval win there, I think he had him for sure.

On the bright side, all those late cautions helped my boy Tony recover from a loose wheel to get back up to 13th.
Quote from z-ro 8 :Way to go Carl Edwards trying to kill another competitor.
What a F**king douche...

Killing a competitor is one thing, endangering fans is another. It seems NASCAR didn't think through the "let boys be boys" policy very well.
carl edwards is now out of my fantasy fox sports team... such a tool
That is just awful. The fact he admitted he did it on porpuse is just even more sickening. How on earth is he not banned?
Quote from z-ro 8 :that's it, Carl is banned from my servers.....dick.

LMAO

IMO he deserves a penalty. Yes NASCAR may have said 'let them race', but I doubt they envisioned that scenario.

But back in 1979 how many people wanted penalties for Cale and Donnie?
He should be parked for one race. It was a stupid move, but he didn't expect that to happen. Frankly, with the spoiler that would have been just a lazy spin into the wall instead of a flip that could have killed him. Park Carl next week, and just let them race.
Someone will die if they allow it to carry one like that.
I like Carl and all, but he needs to sit out for a while and think about his actions, for sure.
#236 - Zay
Wow, I like Edwards, but that was just uncalled for. Montoya was cathing up in the last laps also, but he got a horrible restart. Im just open mouthed about what Carl did tho, and if Brad had hit on the other side of the car, he coulda been killed.
NASCAR needs to make example of him and give him a harsh penalty, Brad could of died from that and it was over an incident which was Carls fault to begain with.
I agree that it was a stupid move, but they didn't suspend Hamlin for intentionally wrecking Keslowski, or Montoya intentionally wrecking Stewart in the Homestead race. It's all just anger caused by close racing.
They should make a stand now, hamlins move on keslowski didn't even have 1/5th of the effect of carls move, something has to be done before this starts to get out of hand.

He has to be suspended for this.
-
(AstroBoy) DELETED by AstroBoy
They parked Harvick for two races in the truck series a few years back. Carl should get at least the same.

I can say I've witnessed a race car going into the stands at a measly 110 mph, and it's the scariest goddamn thing i've ever seen (and it was just a racing incident, nothing intentional).
Several people were pinned under a 2800 pound late model, including a woman in a wheelchair that was a faithful visitor week after week. She lost her life from that, and others were hurt.
For anyone to intentionally put into motion a "what if" like that needs to seriously reconsider their position in the sport.

Funny, I used to like Carl, and his everlasting amazement at how lucky he is to be in his position. Only took one small juke to the right to throw that all away.
The same thing could have happened in the Hamlin/Keslowski incident as well, it's just a matter of how things turned out. In the end, everybody that does it is pushing quarterpanels, what happens after that is completely different.
I see where Carl's coming from honestly. You can only take so much, and Brad pushes everybody around. I'm not saying Carl was right or wrong, but somebody had to put Brad in his place. Carl didn't wanna hurt anybody, and he explained that. I think they should probably park both of them. Brad brings it on him self mostly, and needs to know that his actions won't go unpunished either.
Quote from SidiousX :I agree that it was a stupid move, but they didn't suspend Hamlin for intentionally wrecking Keslowski, or Montoya intentionally wrecking Stewart in the Homestead race.

And they should have. Remember Shane Hmeil? Does anyone remember the horrible amounts of complete bullsh*t that he did and NASCAR didn't do crap? NASCAR is a completely pussy when it comes to these drivers and they seriously need to grow a pair.

Quote from SidiousX :It's all just anger caused by close racing.

Emotion has no place on the track especially anger. It's what turns any sport into a stupid reality show. I mean...emotion can be interesting but more often then not it just turns NASCAR into a farce.

Quote from SidiousX :The same thing could have happened in the Hamlin/Keslowski incident as well, it's just a matter of how things turned out. In the end, everybody that does it is pushing quarterpanels, what happens after that is completely different.

Exactly...which is why the Hamlin incident is just as bad as this incident (imho). NASCAR is sometimes more about the bickering rivalry and resulting pit maneuvers instead of racing for the sake of racing

Rubbin is racing...but WRECKING isn't. This isn't demolition derby and NASCAR would be wise to make sure that both the drivers and the audiences know the difference between Rubbin and wrecking.

Park Edwards...and the next time Brad (or anybody else for that matter) does something as bad as Edwards? Park him (them) as well. NASCAR needs to grow some balls in this matter and do their job.
Quote from Falcon140 :I see where Carl's coming from honestly. You can only take so much, and Brad pushes everybody around. I'm not saying Carl was right or wrong, but somebody had to put Brad in his place. Carl didn't wanna hurt anybody, and he explained that. I think they should probably park both of them. Brad brings it on him self mostly, and needs to know that his actions won't go unpunished either.

NASCAR is to blame for the whole incident, if they had sorted Brad out themselfs then the drivers wouldn't feel the need to do it on the track. I think Carl is a top bloke, he wouldn't go out to hurt anyone on purpose, but he has a moral code and obviously wanted to teach Brad a lesson for being such an ****. Also NASCAR should never have switched to those rear wings, they must have known it would cause the cars to flip over if they got turned, unless they just thought it looked cool and didn't actually do any testing on it.
Quote from ATC Quicksilver :NASCAR is to blame for the whole incident, if they had sorted Brad out themselfs then the drivers wouldn't feel the need to do it on the track. I think Carl is a top bloke, he wouldn't go out to hurt anyone on purpose, but he has a moral code and obviously wanted to teach Brad a lesson for being such an ****. Also NASCAR should never have switched to those rear wings, they must have known it would cause the cars to flip over if they got turned, unless they just thought it looked cool and didn't actually do any testing on it.

+1. Any chains of intentional wrecking is completely NASCAR's fault and has always been NASCAR's fault. This trend has been going on far enough:
Hmeil v. Jarrett
Gordon v. Kenseth
Newman v. Montoya
Gilliland v. Montoya
Hamlin v. Keselowski

It's just unfortunate that it has to take an incident like this to actually slap NASCAR in the face. Maybe this time they will do something about all of these shenanigans instead of being complete pussies.

But knowing NASCAR I dont think they'll do much...

After thinking for a while, I'm starting to empathize with Carl more. Brad definitely was just pushing everyone too far and it was just a matter of time before an incident like this would happen. If it had not been Carl who'd done it, it would have probably been Hamlin or someone else in the near future.

NASCAR has a chance now...to put it's foot down on this subject once and for all...I just hope they dont let this chance slip away
Quote from ATC Quicksilver :I think Carl is a top bloke

Have you ever seen the video where Kenseth is getting interviewed and then Carl comes over, pulls him away, and acts like he's going to punch him? Afterwards Kenseth said he's glad it got caught on camera because the Carl Edwards you see giving interviews on TV is not the real Carl Edwards.
Quote from UncleBenny :Have you ever seen the video where Kenseth is getting interviewed and then Carl comes over, pulls him away, and acts like he's going to punch him? Afterwards Kenseth said he's glad it got caught on camera because the Carl Edwards you see giving interviews on TV is not the real Carl Edwards.

Well it's all subjective, I like him because he holds people accountable for their actions without going out to actually hurt people. I saw that video, he was angry and shoving the guy, but he didn't actually punch him. I like NASCAR because they do allow a certain amount of pushing and shoving, but they forget where the line is and let things build up too much, that's when it gets dangerous and people lose their temper.

This video shows why I like Carl Edwards, he holds people accountable, if you bump him to gain an advantage he sees that as an open invitation to race the same way.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c93Q78ozmCw
Quote from ATC Quicksilver :NASCAR is to blame for the whole incident, if they had sorted Brad out themselfs then the drivers wouldn't feel the need to do it on the track. I think Carl is a top bloke, he wouldn't go out to hurt anyone on purpose, but he has a moral code and obviously wanted to teach Brad a lesson for being such an ****. Also NASCAR should never have switched to those rear wings, they must have known it would cause the cars to flip over if they got turned, unless they just thought it looked cool and didn't actually do any testing on it.

wat did brad do wrong? plz let me know...

edwards moved down to the bottom while brad was there?

if ur on bout move at talledega thats where carl moved down again.

i dont see what brad did wrong in the race imo
Quote from BreadC :wat did brad do wrong? plz let me know...

edwards moved down to the bottom while brad was there?

if ur on bout move at talledega thats where carl moved down again.

i dont see what brad did wrong in the race imo

What Brad does wrong is he constantly does not give anyone space. He gets one inch of overlap going into a corner and he WILL NOT back out of it no matter what. That's fine when you're racing for the win, but he seems to do it week in week out all race long. Driver's constantly talk about "give and take". Brad does not give.

At Talladega, he did nothing wrong. You're coming for the win, I wouldn't expect anyone to lift in that situation. To me it's all the little stuff early on in the race that gets him in trouble.
So Brad gets bitched out for not backing off for Carl, but Carl doesn't get any shit for chopping down when another car is already there? Hmm...

2010 NASCAR Talk
(735 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG