The online racing simulator
Quote from (SaM) :Or the Venezuelan...

Or the United States-ian ().

Because American implies two continents.
according to wiki, demonym for USA really is American...
Quote from majod :according to wiki, demonym for USA really is American...

USA ≠ American.

USA = United States of America. I.e. States north of Mexico and Alaska and Hawaii, not Canada.

American = citizen of a nation in Americas. Apparently even Hawaii includes in Americas, which doesn't make sense to me... It's an island(s) some 4000km away from the continent That's like Finland being included in to North Africa, the distance is shorter than that of Hawaii and the continent.
Quote from hrtburnout :Or the United States-ian ().

Because American implies two continents.

Quote from Krane :USA ≠ American.

USA = United States of America. I.e. States north of Mexico and Alaska and Hawaii, not Canada.

American = citizen of a nation in Americas. Apparently even Hawaii includes in Americas, which doesn't make sense to me... It's an island some 4000km away from the continent That's like Finland being included in to North Africa, the distance is shorter than that of Hawaii and the continent.

While that all makes perfect logical sense, no self-respecting Mexican or Canadian accepts being called an American. It's been tainted by them Yankees

American = citizen of a nation in Americas. Apparently even Hawaii includes in Americas, which doesn't make sense to me... It's an island some 4000km away from the continent That's like Finland being included in to North Africa, the distance is shorter than that of Hawaii and the continent.

thanks for explenation, I said "according to wiki"
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Usa
see table at right
Quote from majod :thanks for explenation, I said "according to wiki"
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Usa
see table at right

That's because USAian or United States of American doesn't roll from the tongue so easily as "American". Same thing with Spain and Spaniard meaning a citizen of Spain.
So, you and the wiki are correct that that's what the word means in 99,999...% of cases. No Canadian, Mexican, Brazilian or any other citizen of South America would ever call them shelf American, the word's tainted

American = citizen of a nation in Americas. Apparently even Hawaii includes in Americas, which doesn't make sense to me... It's an island(s) some 4000km away from the continent That's like Finland being included in to North Africa, the distance is shorter than that of Hawaii and the continent.

:lovies3d:

However, Hawaii is one of the USA's states.
That's awesome
Quote from (SaM) :Or the Venezuelan...

no, it's the mexican one I'm telling you...why? because the joke is about what's happenin' in this country for a while
Leave it guys, this thread has had enough arguments.
is it just a debate rather then an arguement? anyways more funnehs plz
Quote from matijapkc :You get fined for touching the wires and dying?

Of course you do... You fail - you pay. And they have to transport your body... That's petrol expenses, and also since you're adding an additional weight to the vehicle, even more petrol is used.
And it could get even worse if the vehicle is old and not burning the fuel efficiently...
Quote from broken :Of course you do... You fail - you pay. And they have to transport your body... That's petrol expenses, and also since you're adding an additional weight to the vehicle, even more petrol is used.
And it could get even worse if the vehicle is old and not burning the fuel efficiently...

How do you pay/care if you're dead?
Quote from Bose321 :How do you pay/care if you're dead?

*Humour is just not understandable for geeks *
Quote from iFastLT :*Humour is just not understandable for geeks *

No u

If you don't find this funny, you're a geek.
You forgot the meme.

It's common misconception that people think you can't be fined after you die.

No no no, you don't get it.

*Touches wire*
*Gets a 200 dollar fine*
*Fakes death*
*It's gone*

DO NOT QUOTE THESE IMAGES
Attached images
1267640925856.gif
1267640810338.gif
This thread is closed

The inevitable picture thread III: Revenge of the funnies
(14533 posts, closed, started )