The online racing simulator
Book of Eli

Rather disappointing, nearly the whole world (well... american) population dies and nearly all who survived are either criminals or religious kooks. To add that people aren't able to maintain the places they are living in and prefer housing in something that looks like it has just survived a hurrican (note: the event in question happend 30 years ago)...
Only worth watching because Denzel Washingtion is looking cool as usual.
REC

bloody brilliant
Agree for Edge of Darkness and adding The Island of the Cursed.
And from what i ve heard the new Johnny Depp - Angelina Jolie (Tourist) will be an amazing thriller.
Just saw Shutter Island. Was pretty good although was rather long and got pretty slow towards the end. If i was watching it on DVD i probably would have turned it off though! Cinemas are good because i can't go anywhere and do something else
Miller Crossing.

WOW! the dialog was amazing, so fast and snappy. had to be on your toes to keep up. the 20's setting and jazz also kept it intresting. The characters were all good and they all had hidden agendas. Phenomenal piece of film making.
Quote from rich uk :Miller Crossing.

WOW! the dialog was amazing, so fast and snappy. had to be on your toes to keep up. the 20's setting and jazz also kept it intresting. The characters were all good and they all had hidden agendas. Phenomenal piece of film making.

Probably my favorite Coen Bros.
Departures

Tokyo concert cellist finds out his orchestra is being dissolved. Gives up and goes home to his small town, where he stumbles into being a mortician of sorts. Really funny and kinda touching. Liked it a lot.
Quote from Boris Lozac :The Invention of Lying I was pleasently surprised, great one!

LOL I had low expectations for that... and I was still disappointed. Even Karl Pilkington slated it.... right in front of Gervais's face

Malice In Wonderland - London based fantasy ala Alice In Wonderland. Worth renting. Aint gonna blow ur mind but is worth a watch. The blonde yank chick did a good job of not coming across too cutesy cutesy. Considering her terrible acting in Lost she does a good job. Danny Dyer.. is well Danny Dyer aka marmite!
The Goods - Talladega Nights For Car Salesmen Very funny, though a lot of peeps hate it (aka pussies who can't sell shit ).. **** em I say
What Ever Happened to Baby Jane?

Some good acting from Crawford and Davis, but it's one of those movies where the helpless protagonist can do any number of things to get out of her situation and just doesn't.
Era Uma Vez...

I know Shotglass and the likes, would slate this in 3 words... but there's some amazing storytelling, editing, and some very strong emotional scenes.. Could've been better, but nevertheless, great film..
Watched Everybodys fine very good film, with a good cast.

Also, The forth kind, although its abound in negative reviews, I made the choice of not reading too much about it before I saw it and I enjoyed it, for what it was, a sci-fi thriller, I don't care if its a true story or not, it was still an enjoyable bit of cinema.
If you like ski movies/documentary's, then you must watch "Push" and "Claim".
Quote from amp88 :Conspiracy.

Watched it the other day on german TV (arte).

Branagh was realy scary.

Top5 movie about WW2-fascism!
In The Loop

You can't beat a bit of mad Scotsman shouting and ranting. A spin of (kind of) of The Thick Of It, Armando Iannucci shows why he is one of Britains greatest comedy writers at the moment.
United 93 Kudos to everyone involved in this film! i seriously can't find a flaw.. i can't remember the last time i felt so tense during a movie..

Recommend a film you've seen lately.
(3163 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG