The online racing simulator
vancouver winter olympics
(246 posts, started )
Quote from Rubenz81 :Wath the russian were thinking? All their forwards standing still on the blue line too far away from defensemen with puck... bah!

stretch pass, they're meant for quick breakaway goals...
Quote from zeugnimod :A thread about the olympic games and more than half the posts are about ICE HOCKEY?

WTF?

It's the best winter sport by miles. It has to be... Satan plays it.

Missing diacritics ftw!

Looking forward to see how Canada will hold the pressure of home team in next match. Their performance is incredible.
First half was about curling, now the second half can be about hockey.
Quote from EliteAti :Well they won the last 2 world championships by defending, now they didnt even defend, but ofcourse Canadas preparation and home advantage turned out to be a major factor. They took hockey to another level, im sure Russians will follow them when next winter olympics take place in Russia where home advantage changes (And players will be prepared)

Actually, home advantage goes a bit further than just the fans being on your side. Home advantage also gives you things such as making the final line change before puck drop and who has to have their stick on the ice first. Russia was the actual home team, in terms of the actual game. They had the higher seed going into the game. They had the advantage of changing their lines according to who they wanted to match up with whomever Canada put on the ice. That can be a pretty big advantage.

If it comes down to Canada vs. US, the US will also be the home team. If Canada plays Finland, then Canada will be home team (that could be wrong, I am not positive about Canada having top seed of those who played in the first qualifying round, but I'm pretty sure they were.)
Quote from mrodgers :Actually, home advantage goes a bit further than just the fans being on your side. Home advantage also gives you things such as making the final line change before puck drop and who has to have their stick on the ice first. Russia was the actual home team, in terms of the actual game. They had the higher seed going into the game. They had the advantage of changing their lines according to who they wanted to match up with whomever Canada put on the ice. That can be a pretty big advantage.

If it comes down to Canada vs. US, the US will also be the home team. If Canada plays Finland, then Canada will be home team (that could be wrong, I am not positive about Canada having top seed of those who played in the first qualifying round, but I'm pretty sure they were.)

They had the higher seed (and some else you wrote there), its an advantage (might be disadvantage because it brings alot of pressure), not home advantage. To me, home advantage can be checked when crowd booes at your / opponent team. Whenever Canada got the puck all i could hear was crowd popping, and massive booing when Russia gets even close to the puck, Also, whevever Russians tried to start their own chant "Russija etc" then Canada outchanted them by "Go boys (*cough ghays*) go"

But Canada came to the match much better prepared, they lost the WC gold on their home arena already once and didnt want it to happen once again. Canada made the first move, its Russias time to respond, lets see what will happen in the future years.
Quote from DevilDare :Your point?

It's boring.

Quote from MAGGOT :It's the best sport in the Olympics, followed by Bobsledding/Skeleton/Louge.

The best sport is skijumping, followed by biathlon and downhill skiing.
Quote from zeugnimod :It's boring.

It's OK. Not the most exciting sport ever, but it is watchable.

Also, I laughed at Canadians last night. They were so aggresive and kept barging into the Russians without any response. But as soon as the Russian did the same to the Canadian, he bloody flipped out.
Quote from EliteAti :Whenever Canada got the puck all i could hear was crowd popping, and massive booing when Russia gets even close to the puck,

Just for clarification, it may have sounded like booing, but it wasn't. It was "Lou" for Roberto Luongo, the goaltender.

One thing I'm wondering is, what kind of TV coverage are you all watching? Are you guys watching what I am, the NBC coverage over here, on the internet? How about you guys in Canada? Did you guys see the pregame where Roenick was interviewing and spending the afternoon with Ovechkin? These numbskulls on NBC love Ovechkin so much it is sickening. I thought Roenick was going to bend over and let Ovechkin him right there on the table.
Quote from zeugnimod :The best sport is skijumping

Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear... You call hockey boring but bunch of anorectic guys in condoms falling down a mountain is the best winter sport?

Seriously?
Quote from bunder9999 :stretch pass, they're meant for quick breakaway goals...

If you are not standing still. And with a canadian defenseman near you. Ok Pronger doesnt counts
Quote from Kalev EST :bunch of anorectic guys in condoms falling down a mountain

Seriously?

i lol'd so hard
Quote from Kalev EST :Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear... You call hockey boring but bunch of anorectic guys in condoms falling down a mountain is the best winter sport?

Seriously?

Pfft there not Anorectic.
They are fit for the sport they do, sure to a normal person they might look it, but for their field of competition they are exactly the weight they need to be.

Like a Sumo wrestler, we may think they are big and fat, but for their sport, its the weight they need to be.

And yes i did just go there.
apparently there is a big brou-ha-ha after yesterday's women's hockey game... after the game was over and everyone left, the team took to the ice for beer and cigars... except that someone was still there and photos were taken, so now the IOC is pissed. it doesn't help that one of the women is underage by BC standards (she can drink in her home province though)...

i don't see the big deal.
The only valid penalty for this heinous orgy is clearly - the Chair.
Wasn´t that the olympic idea...? Drinking alcohol and smoking ciggars..?
Quote from bunder9999 :apparently there is a big brou-ha-ha after yesterday's women's hockey game... after the game was over and everyone left, the team took to the ice for beer and cigars... except that someone was still there and photos were taken, so now the IOC is pissed. it doesn't help that one of the women is underage by BC standards (she can drink in her home province though)...

Yeah, I was about to post that. The people who complain about it are sad prudes with no friends. They just won the gold medals, they should have the right to relax and celebrate without people complaining about it. Sure alcohol and cigars don't go with the old "being a good rolemodel" thing but noone thinks they chain-smoke and get wasted all the time and if they think that they're morons. Atleats the girls aren't hypocrites who say they never touch the stuff and then go do it anyway behind closed doors.

On a slightly different note, I was actually surprised how well the women play. It was great, better than women's basketball or football imo. Congrats Canada! (Also, nice touch, driving around in the zamboni )
Quote from bunder9999 :apparently there is a big brou-ha-ha after yesterday's women's hockey game... after the game was over and everyone left, the team took to the ice for beer and cigars... except that someone was still there and photos were taken, so now the IOC is pissed. it doesn't help that one of the women is underage by BC standards (she can drink in her home province though)...

If anyone has a problem with this (the women drinking beer and smoking cigars on the ice after the game), I invite them to come to my place so I can punch them in the face. Twice.

I for one was deeply offended. If you're not going to pull a Brandi Chastain and remove some clothing, at least have a no-holds-barred pillow fight at center ice.
What?! How dare they have fun after winning gold! Even more, they are bloody women! Since when can they celebrate and have fun?!

This is damn right outrageous! Punish them I say!
I hope we're gonna beat canada tonight (today in canada)
Well, that wasnt the best possible start for Finland
Quote from manneF1 :Well, that wasnt the best possible start for Finland

Didnt expect anything else to be honest. USA is going to win the tournament, young guns, alot of experience and a huge amount of motivation to play a game well. However, anything can happen. This is like Canada vs Russia beginning, 3 goals right away.

vancouver winter olympics
(246 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG