The online racing simulator
vancouver winter olympics
(246 posts, started )
Shaun White, my respects
Curling isn't that bad it's great to watch when you want something dull to watch before bed though.

I'm looking forward to the skeleton tonight Gonna be awesome I think.
Quote from PMD9409 :I get addicted to it also. I have no idea why.

Me too, curling is curiously addictive to watch. The Russian ladies team in particular

Also like to watch the biathlon, skiing of any kind (incl. the jump nutters off the big hill, but not moguls, thats seriously pants). The snowboarding is pretty gay to watch, much more fun in practice.

Ice prancing - cram it.

The luge/bobsleigh stuff is cool for about ten minutes until you realise the top ten runners are covered by 0.005 of a second (and those are all German teams )

Between the BBC and Eurosport we've had some good coverage. Especially the French lass who fell over 3 yards after the start gate on one of the skiing events
Quote from HVS5b :Me too, curling is curiously addictive to watch. The Russian ladies team in particular

Haha, spot on. I found the Russian ladies team strangely addictive to watch

Good luck to Amy Williams tonight in the Skeleton. It's about time the Brits won a gold medal. She was in a class of her own last night. Go get that gold girl! (bloody awesome sport..i really want a go at that )
Well the large hill competition just ended in Ski jumping. From a finnish view all i can say is, what a fail, Hautamäki had 3rd place with pretty safe margin after 1st round, and yet he managed to do a worst jump ever on 2nd round, what a noob.

Anyway, from my view, my favorite (Adam Malysz from Poland) proved once again that age doesnt matter in this sport if you just CAN do it well. 2nd place in both individual competitions show that he is a legend. Congratulations to Amman though for simply dominating the Both competitions. Also congratulations to Austria who will win on the team competition, you got so much guys in top 10 (ha-ha not the best though) that you look too strong in that category.
Slovakia playing ice hockey tonight again, yay! Finally something a little bit different from curling.
Quote from Yuri Laszlo :Am I a sad person for thinking that curling is the best Olympic sport ever?

curling is awesome, I'm watching it right now

I'll give it second best Olympic sport, right after short track speed skating.

actually, most Olympic sports kick ass, except figure skating.

that too could become great though, if they implement this series of changes that I have drafted: 1) all of the competitors shall take to the ice at the same time. 2) There will be no more judging 3) Everyone will get a list of tricks they have to perform, the first one to complete the list wins. 4) The Benny Hill theme will be the song played at all competitions. 5) two zambonis will be driven on the ice during competition, with the goal of running down the competitors. 6) The zambonis will not smooth the ice, rather they will make it worse. 7) random objects will be put on the ice to make it harder, and some of the tricks on the list require the use of the objects. i.e. Triple Salchow over the soccer ball. 8) fans may throw things on the ice or at competitors, but for the competitors safety, the objects must not be hard. octopuses are highly encouraged.
Uphill or downhill curling would be the shitznitz. Maybe integrate curling into every olympic winter sport?
Nice hockey game Thursday night by the Swiss. US dominated them in puck possession the first game and they played like they had something to prove against Canada. I was in shock to see it tied up clear through 3 shooters in the shootout. I was sitting on the edge of the couch eyes glued to the TV through the 3rd, OT, and the shootout until my Pittsburgh man Sydney Crosby stepped up to his 2nd shootout attempt.

The other surprise was to see Russia lost when I woke up Friday morning (not even sure who they played....)

Pissing me off that the TV coverage is starting with 2-3 minutes left of the 1st period every game.

US vs. Canada tomorrow night. I can't wait!
Quote from mrodgers :US vs. Canada tomorrow night. I can't wait!

I'm excited and apprehensive at the same time.
#112 - Uke
Quote from Intrepid :We still have winter Olympics still? Snow and cold and that? Jeez, I thought global warming had ended all winters?

Actually in finland we have a colder winter than normally right now.. And there has been snowing even in Florida :S That's global cooling if you ask me
Hey, did you realize that tonight's games are rematches of the last three olympic finals?

Czech Rep. vs Russia - 1998 Nagano
Canada vs USA - 2002 Salt Lake City
Sweden vs Finland - 2006 Turin

It's going to be awesome! :hyper:
Awesome hockey match yesterday between Swiss and Norway. So close, so close...
Yet not close enough :P
Russia-Slovakia and USA-CAN - very excited :hyper: Finland-Sweden: already exhausted...
Another gold for Magdalena Neuner.
That Ski Cross was mental, but so awesome i loved watching that
well, all we have to do is beat germany, and then we can take on russia... it's no biggie. i think.
Quote from MAGGOT :Well... shit.

I'm sort of torn. I know you should be for your country, but Sydney is also our local guy. I'd really like to see Syd with a gold medal, but I didn't think at the time the US would be as good as they are playing. Tonight's game is a bit of a shock for me.

Sheesh, can Pronger make everyone else look any more like midgets out there on the ice? Hal Gill at 6' 7" doesn't look as big as Pronger does at only 6' 5". He's got to have some extended height on those skate blades.

This afternoon is the only time Ovechkin would get cheers from Penguin fans when he leveled Jagr.
Damn the US and beating Canada
Not happy.
Quote from mrodgers :
I'm sort of torn. I know you should be for your country, but Sydney is also our local guy. I'd really like to see Syd with a gold medal, but I didn't think at the time the US would be as good as they are playing. Tonight's game is a bit of a shock for me.

well I hate Sydney and I love US hockey, so I'm on top of the world!!!!! This is truly a great day!!!

All hail Brian Rafalski and Ryan Miller, two local heros who stepped up in a big way!
:bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:
Quote from RiseAgainstMe! :curling is awesome, I'm watching it right now

I'll give it second best Olympic sport, right after short track speed skating.

actually, most Olympic sports kick ass, except figure skating.

that too could become great though, if they implement this series of changes that I have drafted: 1) all of the competitors shall take to the ice at the same time. 2) There will be no more judging 3) Everyone will get a list of tricks they have to perform, the first one to complete the list wins. 4) The Benny Hill theme will be the song played at all competitions. 5) two zambonis will be driven on the ice during competition, with the goal of running down the competitors. 6) The zambonis will not smooth the ice, rather they will make it worse. 7) random objects will be put on the ice to make it harder, and some of the tricks on the list require the use of the objects. i.e. Triple Salchow over the soccer ball. 8) fans may throw things on the ice or at competitors, but for the competitors safety, the objects must not be hard. octopuses are highly encouraged.

You're retarded.
Quote from OneTreeHill :You're retarded.

Never heard a joke or sarcasm in your life? Its about time to learn something.

vancouver winter olympics
(246 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG