The online racing simulator
Quote from DieKolkrabe :Figures, the one time I got something on :P

Boooo.
We're starting now with some Death Lane action, some come along and join in the fun!
I was out :P
Is this server still around?
Quote from cmanns :Is this server still around?

It is still online, if that's what you were asking for.
Quote from cmanns :Is this server still around?

Yes, the server is still online, it's just that nobody's been on it for a while. This will soon change though from this time next week (13th) seeing as it's half-term in the UK from the 12th.

The main reason I decided to reply was that I wanted to get some community feedback on how the second season of the LFS Destruction Derby League could be improved from last season's. I've already started thinking about certain changes that could be made, e.g. the registration system and skins, but would like some more suggestions.

So if you've got anything to say about the following, then please don't hesitate to suggest:
  • What layouts/tracks should be used
  • What day and what time of the year should the league be run (last year it was ran on alternate Saturdays between August and November)
  • What should be done to make an equal field (TBO cars are used for the league in case you didn't know)
  • Should there be any rule changes, and if so, what should they be (Original rules can be found here)
  • Anything else that you'd like to mention
Hopefully these replies can help make the second season of the DD league even better than first.

P.S. We're doing some racing on South City now, so come along and join in!
I might come into there soon, just need to clean my appartment some
What a bump!
Oh.

Hello thread.

Well, I'm pleased to announce that at 9pm tomorrow night (23/10), just after the final round of the second season of my LFS Destruction Derby League, the LFS Destruction Derby server will go live for full-time DD fun!

What I'm aiming to do with this server is for classic, [noobs]-style DD action; that means barely any rules. Or, in the words of the great DD god ():

Quote from The Very End :There are basically no rules, first man to cross the line (or if arenas as skid pads, last man moving) is the winner. Layouts are various kind of freak set-ups with bales, tyres etc that are there for making it more chaotic and destructive atmosphere.

I'll be putting on a variety of courses and layouts pretty much all the time, including those classic layouts, a series of new(...ish) layouts, and some Death Lanes as well! :evil:

So 9pm BST is the time, and LFS Destruction Derby is the place to be tomorrow night.

Hope you can come along and enjoy the fun that is LFS Destruction Derby!
If I am not drunk and beeing left in a ditch I'll join
Quote from jon606 :oh.

Hello thread.

Well, i'm pleased to announce that at 9pm tomorrow night (23/10), just after the final round of the second season of my lfs destruction derby league, the lfs destruction derby server will go live for full-time dd fun!

What i'm aiming to do with this server is for classic, [noobs]-style dd action; that means barely any rules. Or, in the words of the great dd god (:d):

I'll be putting on a variety of courses and layouts pretty much all the time, including those classic layouts, a series of new(...ish) layouts, and some death lanes as well! :evil:

So 9pm bst is the time, and lfs destruction derby is the place to be tomorrow night.

hope you can come along and enjoy the fun that is lfs destruction derby!

yes, thank you so much. Awesomeness in every way.
Quote from Jon606 :Oh.

Hello thread.

Well, I'm pleased to announce that at 9pm tomorrow night (23/10), just after the final round of the second season of my LFS Destruction Derby League, the LFS Destruction Derby server will go live for full-time DD fun!

What I'm aiming to do with this server is for classic, [noobs]-style DD action; that means barely any rules. Or, in the words of the great DD god ():

I'll be putting on a variety of courses and layouts pretty much all the time, including those classic layouts, a series of new(...ish) layouts, and some Death Lanes as well! :evil:

So 9pm BST is the time, and LFS Destruction Derby is the place to be tomorrow night.

Hope you can come along and enjoy the fun that is LFS Destruction Derby!

Any league layouts or not?

I'm not gonna say anything else except the oval one was epic
Quote from DieKolkrabe :Any league layouts or not?

I'm not gonna say anything else except the oval one was epic

Nice layouts, all i can say... i had a sneek peek at the server...

/runsthehelloutofhere
Sadly I lost all my skins and setups during a re-install of windows.
I had a really good RB4 set.
Thing is I always shared it when asked, so I know someone must have it (or a good set). Now I need one you could hear a pin drop and see tumbleweed roll by whenever I ask lol.
We're underway with some of that classic Death Lane action! Come and join LFS Destruction Derby now for some great fun throughout the night (...well, most of it anyway! :razz
Let's try this again shall we?

Server is up and running with the classic Blackwood GP Reverse track on; it should change throughout the day.

Remember: the server name is LFS Destruction Derby, so come along and join in with the DD action! :thumb3d:
Nice, coming now
Do you guys mean banger racing?
Destruction derby has similarities with banger, but Destruction Derby (at least in this way) is a faster version of it on bigger track. Usually banger series are with the slow UF1 car while DD is with TBO / faster cars.
I was playing on the server today (CAD Destruction Derby?) and after hitting one of their members out of the race, I was called a "bitch", I did it again for laughs sake and was banned No explanation but I guess its quite obvious

Did I miss the point, I thought crashing others (other than fullspeed ram and blocking) is allowed on Destruction Derby?

All I did was PIT their member (as one of them did to me previously) and push the other to sand pit in a corner in AS3 (banned now)

These guys are awesome
You are refeering to another server. LFS Destruction Derby has nothing to do with [CAD] Destruction Derby.

Quote from ensiferumm :These guys are awesome

:hide: They actually are. Don't mess with them.
Quote from GreyBull [CHA] :You are refeering to another server. LFS Destruction Derby has nothing to do with [CAD] Destruction Derby.

I am awesome

Joke aside - as the fellow above here tells it's two different servers and staff. CAD server is more aimed for racing on various layouts, while the DD server aims for the same but without restrictions. Wrong way, road blocks, foul language may occure, but that's just the nature of the server
Quote from GreyBull [CHA] :

if you are better than them you get banned

do i even need to add anything else here? lol
Quote from The Very End :Destruction derby has similarities with banger, but Destruction Derby (at least in this way) is a faster version of it on bigger track. Usually banger series are with the slow UF1 car while DD is with TBO / faster cars.

Sounds cool so full contact yeah?
Quote from ensiferumm :if you are better than them you get banned

do i even need to add anything else here? lol

Thats why i Hate CAD
Quote from ensiferumm :I was playing on CAD Destruction Derby and after hitting one of their members out of the race, I was called a "bitch", I did it again for laughs sake and was banned

...wow, that's just... wow.

I know it happened sometimes when I was still in the [CAD] team, but I've been reading the [CAD] forums and this just seems to be happening more and more often. It's not going to look good for them if this keeps happening.

Also, this might not be the place to say it, but I don't think that the [CAD] server is a real Destruction Derby server anymore. It's just racing on layouts with minimal contact allowed. Ironically, when I first thought of my Destruction Derby League, it would have been a minimal contact league, just like what [CAD] has become. However, I realised that this might be very boring, and taking the original [noobs] Destruction Derby server into account, I changed it to its current format.

Which brings me onto the real topic of this post: I've been thinking about some changes for the 2011 season of my DD League (assuming it goes ahead), and would like any community suggestions on what could be improved or added from last season.

Currently I've got one idea, which is that the final round (the Elimination Extravaganza) will also be a points round, although I haven't fully decided on how the points system would work yet.

If you have any other ideas, then just write them down here in the thread!

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG