The online racing simulator
Quote from DevilDare :Their website is terrible IMO.

I mean come on... Was it done in M.Publisher?!

+1
I know you can't tell anything from these tests, but very nice to see Massa up at the top of the time sheets. A great recovery from him. Awesome stuff!
can anyone tell me how to notice if a car with the flow-jizz has a non-turbulent aero package?
I reckon that Stefan GP should be allowed in- one thing that could help them and another team who are struggling the most financially is that they are only allowed one car on the grid, at least then they are still getting on the grid and developing the car and able to fulfil sponsorship deals, etc.

End of the season, if either teams make it through to the end and can prove they're financially sound for the following season, give them full privileges.

End of the day, it'll be nice to have a bigger grid, means more battles and possible upsets, more interesting races as there will be more cars for the front markers to lap which can usually create drama and shows how good the leading drivers are.

I still remember back in the early-mid 90s where there were massive grids, I know that the likes of the Forti team and Minardi who were massively off the pace but did blood some of the top drivers such as fisi, badoer, del la rosa, etc just to name a few off the top of my head.
Quote from el pibe :can anyone tell me how to notice if a car with the flow-jizz has a non-turbulent aero package?

I don't think that's something which can be explained by an internet posting.

Some indicators of turbulence include lines that curve back upon itself, sudden changes in direction or angle inconsistent with the curvature of the surface, accumulation of the paint beyond which it no longer flows even though the body continues on, etc.
Copied from pistonheads.

On McLaren using flow-viz paint.

In the January 2010 issue of Motorsport magazine which had an article "Save of the century" about McLaren's 2009 season Pat Fry (Chief Engineer) said "I would have flow-vizzed the car even if it had been quick".

May or may not be relevant to then using it today.
Quote from GianniC :

I know nothing about Stefan GP, but seeing their site and the Bahrein dedication... bah, why not give them an extra spot. What more can a car extra on track harm aside bringing more fun and pleasure ?!

I think the main problem is they dont have enough space in the pitlane for that many cars.
Quote from NSX_FReeDoM :I think the main problem is they dont have enough space in the pitlane for that many cars.

If they didn't use 4 and more pit boxes for only two cars they would have plenty...
The Manor Grand Prix (Virgin) car set to be launched today online.
Quote from BlueFlame :The Manor Grand Prix (Virgin) car set to be launched today online.

Due to some sort of failure, it's been launched but the online part didn't happen.

Quote from twitter.com/virginf1racing :I can confirm the launch has taken place at Silverstone.... But NOT shown live www.virginracing.com as promsied...OOOOPPPPSSSS

Colours remind me of some IRL team, and it looks really gooooood.
Paint job is pretty damn good
I'm strongly reminded of CART.

It's got a nice paint job, and the design is an interesting deviation from the status quo.
the front wing looks ridiculously simple, even for a launch car.
Quote from NSX_FReeDoM :the front wing looks ridiculously simple, even for a launch car.

Was thinking the same... Although, things don't have to look hard in order to work perfectly.

Anyway, I very much like the car's paint job!
That Virgin looks great.
More pics...

Attached images
virginf1car.png
virginf1car_side.png
08rear.jpg
02vr01overhead.jpg
04cockpit.jpg
Love how they twist the fact of not able to afford a wind tunnel into a all digital car gimmick......heh
Reminds me of the old Midland F1 livery. It'll probably be just as successful.

Formula One Season 2010
(1980 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG