The online racing simulator
Quote from JJ72 :Love how they twist the fact of not able to afford a wind tunnel into a all digital car gimmick......heh

Nick Wirth does know his stuff though.

Quite a simple looking front wing though.

Nice colour scheme.
Virgin looks good indeed
Hmmm, i'm not liking all these shark fins on the 2010 cars. Perhaps i dreamt it, but i thought new regulations had been brought in to get rid of them this year ?

In further news, MotoGP tries similar concept to cash in on increased advertising space. Tour De France expected to follow suit.

In yet other news, although it's far too early to tell, those Ferraris are looking damn quick already, lets not hope for a repeat of last year, eh ?
Quote from Kid222 :Just some Lopez guy, who has no skill.
  • Multiple karting wins; was leading Lewis Hamilton in world final when his chain broke
  • 2002 Italian Formula Renault Champion
  • 2 wins, 2 poles, 1 podium in Euro Formula Renault
  • 5 wins, 8 poles, 7 podiums in Euro Formula Renault V6 2003
  • 1 win, 7 podiums, 1 pole in 3 combined seasons in F3000 and GP2
  • Thousands of miles of F1 testing w/ Renault
He ain't Michael Schumacher, but he could be surprising.
Quote from DeadWolfBones :
  • Multiple karting wins; was leading Lewis Hamilton in world final when his chain broke
  • 2002 Italian Formula Renault Champion
  • 2 wins, 2 poles, 1 podium in Euro Formula Renault
  • 5 wins, 8 poles, 7 podiums in Euro Formula Renault V6 2003
  • 1 win, 7 podiums, 1 pole in 3 combined seasons in F3000 and GP2
  • Thousands of miles of F1 testing w/ Renault

That's interresting, i've heard only about his pwnage in some south american touring car series, but none about those.
Still, it's surprising they've signed him instead of someone more experienced, who could help them develop the car. Nick Heidfeld could be good in his place, but he's already in Merc.
I'm definately looking forward to see how this US F1 project turns out in the end.
If they also hire Valles, it'll be really interesting. Two relative newcomers and no older driver to guide them. Maybe they'll get an experienced veteran as a test driver?
Quote from Kid222 :[/LIST]
That's interresting, i've heard only about his pwnage in some south american touring car series, but none about those.
Still, it's surprising they've signed him instead of someone more experienced, who could help them develop the car. Nick Heidfeld could be good in his place, but he's already in Merc.
I'm definately looking forward to see how this US F1 project turns out in the end.

When somebody is paying you to hire them it can be quite convincing.

:doh:

Seriously, not funny any more.

EDIT: Not that it ever was...
Quote from Xstriker :Its not so much talk about the new point system. Its the thing that decides who will win the championship at the end of the year. So its very important :/
If we would have the 2010 point system in prev years,
this would happend:

Looking back at old championships in terms of point system comparison is an entirely pointless task because they would've driven differently.
Quote from spookthehamster :When somebody is paying you to hire them it can be quite convincing.

Guess i should settle for this already. No more real talents, just money bringers.

Great example from Czech. Jan Charouz is Renault backup driver. He's worth shit, but he's got dad of the allmightiest.
Jan Kral is great talent, but he's only in GP2 (he's younger though). I hope he won't get stuck there and someone picks him.
Quote from Intrepid :Looking back at old championships in terms of point system comparison is an entirely pointless task because they would've driven differently.

NO THEY WOULDN'T! A win is a win, a driver won't change his mind about winning depending on how many numbers he gets at the end. What drugs are you on mate?
Quote from BlueFlame :NO THEY WOULDN'T! A win is a win, a driver won't change his mind about winning depending on how many numbers he gets at the end. What drugs are you on mate?

errrm.... I am on the 'how to win a championship' drug.
Quote from BlueFlame :NO THEY WOULDN'T! A win is a win, a driver won't change his mind about winning depending on how many numbers he gets at the end. What drugs are you on mate?

I don't think he was necessarily talking about wins specifically. From what i could interpret he means that they would settle for less points thus not pushing so hard and potentially crashing out of the race.
Quote from JJ72 :Love how they twist the fact of not able to afford a wind tunnel into a all digital car gimmick......heh

Clever PR, but computational fluid dynamics has helped to produce championship winning cars in other forms of motorsport, and if the VR-01 is fast it won't be long before they ban wind tunnels to cut costs.
Quote from Kid222 :Guess i should settle for this already. No more real talents, just money bringers.

Great example from Czech. Jan Charouz is Renault backup driver. He's worth shit, but he's got dad of the allmightiest.
Jan Kral is great talent, but he's only in GP2 (he's younger though). I hope he won't get stuck there and someone picks him.

No. Jan Charouz isn't a bad driver. He is good driver, but he isn't a formula driver. Josef Kral is better than Jan Charouz in the formula. Antonin Charouz (Jan Charouz's manager) is much better than Petr Najman (Josef Kral's manager) and Antonin Charouz had more contacts to good teams.
Quote from Ivo Georgiev :http://www.motorsport.com/phot ... ycar-2009-hot-lb-0012.jpg

The Virgin car has a very strange design... I'm very curious on how will it perform. I really hope it performs well, in that way it will prove the accuracy of computer-simulated fluid dynamics.

Really reminds me more of an Indy car than something like a F1 car... I had expected this design more for the USF1 team.

Good to see another design though, at least it's no copycat race for the new/"lower" teams to get the exact same designs as the "top" teams.
Drivers will only settle for points when they are comfortably leading the championship. It didn't stop René Arnoux and Gilles Villeneuve did it? Were they both settling for points were they?
Of course points systems can affect how drivers approach a race.

Imagaine at Monaco you have a situation where a title contender is in second place, with a driver ahead that is not in the title race himself, then how valuable that overtake is depends greatly on the points system. If it's 1 point for a win, and zero for everyone else (as was suggested the other year with that medals system), then he's going to want to pass really badly. If it's 20 for first, 19 for second, and 4,3,2,1 for the rest of the top 6, he will naturally not risk it so eagerly.

Current and previous points systems fall between those two extremes, of course, but they can certainly affect things in a variety of circumstances.
Dallara seems to have sold the rights of Campos Meta's car to Stefan GP, which means Campos is far closer to being dead than to Bahrain.

On the other hand, Stefan GP is getting momentum, my bet is Campo's spot will be given to them.

Too bad for the spanish team, but honestly they never looked too convincing

Formula One Season 2010
(1980 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG