The online racing simulator

Poll : see post

would definitely be interested
would be interested but not likely to attend
would be interested if price etc was right
would not be interested
No deal. :grumpy:

That picture was actually a bit of an accident. I never seem to be able to recreate that moment anymore.
Ok maybe making a cut-out mask will do
That's an idea. I could make one for everyone. Put them over the helmet while driving.
well if you dont mind a slow arse ill team up with you

i take it were pre-organising teams then, when you've arranged a them could you tell em so i can put the teams up on the first post, and team names would be a good idea so i can give them to the track for the timing screens and we can maybe have a best team name award
Sure thing! I think we should call ourselves "Amazing Racers Slipstreaming Everyone". Perhaps we could abbreviate that somehow?
lol yh A.R.S.E on the timing sheet would be quite good
Quote from james12s :well if you dont mind a slow arse ill team up with you

It'll be like normal for Chris
No, I can't say I do ever remember being in the same team as you Tristan.

Fighting talk already. Tsssk!
You weren't in the same team as me I don't think. It's hard to remember all the number 2 drivers I've had as team mates.

No way I can do it for that kind of money. £50 for half an hour is well out of my price range. Shame.
20 odd years ago it was £12 for about 14 minutes on nasty little single engined indoor karts in Norwich. £50 for 30 minutes these days isn't all that bad really!
That's fair enough, but 15 years ago I got about 15 minutes for £3.50 on a track near Brixham. That's more my price range Even if it had been £50 for the hour I'd have considered it, but I have too many bills to pay for this one.
Just a question to the karters here, how fast are these twin engine beasties.

I tried looking for videos on youtube, but you can never get an idea from that. I saw on the site that they can get you round the track in under a min, which sounds insane

Ive only been in single engine karts.
Yea, would also like to know if there quick. Last time i went to Bayford, they had Which i think was a TKM And crappy single engine ones for 8 year olds.

Best track I've raced.
Quote from adamlfs :Just a question to the karters here, how fast are these twin engine beasties.

I tried looking for videos on youtube, but you can never get an idea from that. I saw on the site that they can get you round the track in under a min, which sounds insane

Ive only been in single engine karts.

reasonably quick, my best lap at bayford in one of the hire twins in 57.560 but ive seen people do it at just over 56, and ive driven both a single and twin back to back and they are alot quicker and seem to handle better
An owner driver twin Honda GX 160 engined kart will do over 80mph on some tracks at full pelt. Rental twins sometimes use larger engines GX180s or even GX220s, however they are geared extremely long to ensure the engines are under stressed.

The top speed therefor is usually down to the individual track and exactly what gears they are running, typically in the region of 50mph (80kmh).

The handling is much bette than single engined karts because the weight distribution is even and the driver sits straight, as opposed to a slight angle on the single engined karts. They have a wider wheelbase and are much more stable and so capable of cornering much quicker than a single engined kart.

This is offset by racing outdoors, with bigger tracks, with wider road and less sever hairpins than an indoor track the overall comfort of driving in the bigger an larger karts is better. You get less bruised in a twin tacit outdoors.
less bruised, wouldnt want to know what more is, there are a couple of turns at bayford that bang you up a bit, but i thought it would be something to do with weight balance
Thanks for the info, James and Becky.

Can't wait for this meet Shame i've got a big mountain to climb, finishing uni and graduating before then.
Sorry about my typing, I'm having to use my phone lately as my broadband is down. Regarding bruising, outdoor karting is much less severe on your body than indoor karting which is constantly twisting around tight hairpins. Generally speaking you get single engined karts indoors and twins outdoors (although some outdoor tracks run singles), consequently those who've done single engined karting indoors will find this less physical.

If your experience of single engined karts is on an outdoor track, then this is nothing like it. It's like going from an STD car to an FZ5. Single engined karts (cadets to give them their proper name) are lost on an outdoor track - you usually don't even need to brake for more than half a second in a whole lap. On a twin outdoors it's a whole different ball game.
having never done indoor karting i cant say how i compares all i know is the inside of my need get banged up on the edges of the fuel tank at bayford so im not sure i wanna do to indoor lol. and when i first drove a twin i was at bayford and pulled into the pits in a single and jumped straight in a twin and you really notice the difference then
Haven't decided whether to beg to be in someones team (I'll try not to be rubbish) or to go it alone (but then I can't blame my team mate when I come last)... Decisions, decisions...
I don't care about teams. Anyone can have me. It's an ethos thing *cough*...
Quote from Becky Rose :I don't care about teams. Anyone can have me. It's an ethos thing *cough*...

If you can accept beeing with a fat, slow, drunken pig, then I'm your best man!
when youve decided on teams let me know and then when you decide on a name let me know

also anyone esle wanna confirm ?
Ahh ffs,
I'm racing at brands hatch on 19th and my dad is bound to make me test on the weekend before the meeting. :chair:
[If nothing is on]

Cant confirm, but i've probably got about 40% chance i could make it.
I'l see.

South East Karting Meet Sign Ups
(157 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG