The online racing simulator
Client Connect: Connect Timed Out Dedicated Server
I need help,

i have now spent 4hrs looking at old posts and i have tried all if what i could see and i still cannot connect to my dedi server which i have set up.

i have forwarded TCP 63392 UDP 63392 and also TCP 29339 on my BT home hub and on windows firewall so they are all good.

i used to host using the full client before patch z and all was ok, i decided to go dedi so i could leave it running all the time,

i set it up on a separate pc which i control remotely.

I can connect to the server locally LAN as it outlines in the how to guides, it says if you can connect on LAN try internet if that does not work forward above ports.......All the ports are forwarded correctly

i have uninstalled and re-installed 3 times still doesnt work.

i am not amazing with command lines of cfg so i used the DEDIGUI (crazyice) console to control the server and it sets it all up perfect but cannot connect through the internet only on LAN (i can connect to other servers no problems)

can someone please help i have tried everything i know.
Ditto, I'm getting the same issue although I'm on a vista laptop. I can ping and trace with no problems, server set up on my router. I was able to connect for a short time until I change a setting for tracks in DEDIGUI and now the same thing as 'justingt5'. So it did work at some stange and all I did was change Blackwood to SO1. I'll restart from scratch again today but I'll be interested in the responses for 'justingt5'.

Success.
Had to close windows firewall, even though it had the setting to allow. Unless I missed something, Vista and its security is a pain in the prostate.
Quote from Hotdogxx60 :Ditto, I'm getting the same issue although I'm on a vista laptop. I can ping and trace with no problems, server set up on my router. I was able to connect for a short time until I change a setting for tracks in DEDIGUI and now the same thing as 'justingt5'. So it did work at some stange and all I did was change Blackwood to SO1. I'll restart from scratch again today but I'll be interested in the responses for 'justingt5'.

Success.
Had to close windows firewall, even though it had the setting to allow. Unless I missed something, Vista and its security is a pain in the prostate.

i closed down all firewall software on both the main PC i use for racing on and the pc with the dedi host running on, at one point i tried with the router firewall off completely and still could not connect, i just get the same error "CLIENT CONNECT: TIMED OUT".

started to lose interest in trying now as i have tried everything that i have seen on here and in the wiki manual!!!! i cant beleive with all virus and firewall software and router firewall turned off it still cant connect???? its bizarre. I am not exactly a noob with computing and i understand port forwarding etc pretty well i and know i have followed all instructions to the letter and still no good?

i can connect to the server on the LAN but not online...... Please help me someone????? I have MSN and SKYPE if someone can help me out verbally rather than on a million posts on the forum?

Thanks
Quote from rediske :As I'm not running servers myself I couldn't be of any help. But maybe this thread could help?

http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=10515

or this one :

http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=9572 (also has a dedigui section)

cheers!

Thanks for you response, but with all due respect your post was pretty pointless as if you had read my post i have already gone throught the forums posts for about 3 days looking at these and i have read those post about 20 times each and gone through the whole install with a fine toothed comb and still no sucess.....hence why i had posted my problem on here as a separate entity??

Thanks anyway
Are you running a host using a router?

did you use the instruction in the Port Forwarding--> By default the ip address should be set to 192.168.1.1."
as indicated in the Port Forwarding instruction.
?

You can take a look at this post for Port Forwarding in router connection.
Quote :http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?p=875302#post875302

Now if you're having problem with the Dedicated Config.
just simply use the text editor to edit the configurations.

here is my simple config for routed connection:
Quote :
// Example host configuration file
// How to use: LFS /cfg=setup.cfg
// Lines starting with // are ignored

//Color Codes:
//^0 - Black
//^1 - Red
//^2 - Light green
//^3 - Yellow
//^4 - Blue
//^5 - Purple
//^6 - Light blue
//^7 - White
//^8 - Dark green (default)
//^9 - Original text colour and codepage.

// host name
/host=^1[TEST SERVER]

// optional: password
//pass=pass

// optional: admin password
/admin=adminpass

// optional: InSim port
/insim=29955

// optional: local specified ip address
//ip=xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx

// a high number below 65536 , 29339 ,63392
/port=29339 <<-- "If you are behind router, firewall setting or port router uses 29339"

// demo/s1/s2
/mode=S2

// no/yes/hidden
/usemaster=yes

make sure to use a "Alternative IP Setting"
(see photo image attached below)
To set this,
  1. 1) go to your connection setting click on your LAN Connection.
  2. property your TCP/IP and type in the config in "Alternate IP Configuration"
  3. Allow firewall blocking if it is ask.

Also a helpful tips by (the_angry_angel):
http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?p=157266#post157266

Thats it, you are good to go if its all done.

Good luck

If you're still having a problem? just PM me and ill still try to help you.
Attached images
Alternate IP.jpg
Quote from justingt5 :Thanks for you response, but with all due respect your post was pretty pointless as if you had read my post i have already gone throught the forums posts for about 3 days looking at these and i have read those post about 20 times each and gone through the whole install with a fine toothed comb and still no sucess.....hence why i had posted my problem on here as a separate entity??

Thanks anyway

so why didn't you post your problem in the dedigui thread in the first place?
Quote from Deejayyaj :Are you running a host using a router?

did you use the instruction in the Port Forwarding--> By default the ip address should be set to 192.168.1.1."
as indicated in the Port Forwarding instruction.?

You can take a look at this post for Port Forwarding in router connection.

Now if you're having problem with the Dedicated Config.
just simply use the text editor to edit the configurations.

here is my simple config for routed connection:

make sure to use a "Alternative IP Setting"
(see photo image attached below)
To set this,
  1. 1) go to your connection setting click on your LAN Connection.
  2. property your TCP/IP and type in the config in "Alternate IP Configuration"
  3. Allow firewall blocking if it is ask.
Also a helpful tips by (the_angry_angel):
http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?p=157266#post157266

Thats it, you are good to go if its all done.

Good luck

If you're still having a problem? just PM me and ill still try to help you.

Tried all of that and still the same issue, i can connect on the LAN but not the on the multiplayer screen in LFS.

I tried allocating a specific IP as you suggested but when i did this i could not connect to the master server in LFS on main PC and also Server DEDIGUI had an error message "could not resolve address"??

Can you have a look if the server : RedMistRacing 1 appears in the online server lists???? i cannot see it through the multiplayer screen???
Quote :Tried all of that and still the same issue, i can connect on the LAN but not the on the multiplayer screen in LFS.

Ok forget about Alternating IP.. it will automatically generates value in that section.

Can you tell me the router you are using now?

and, Have you tried using the port at 29339?
or make a list like this in your Router Port Forwarding section.
  • TCP: 29339
  • UDP: 29339
  • TCP: 63392
  • UDP: 63392
here is what i did in Motorola Port Forwarding.

And following the answer in the LFS FAQ...
http://www.lfs.net/?page=faq&id=13

I want to run a host from behi ... ch port needs to be open?
"Answer to: I want to run a host from behind a firewall, router or connection sharing - which port needs to be open?: Live for Speed S2 hosts use TCP and UDP port 63392 by default, but when starting a host, you can enter any port (but be advised that some people only have the default ports open with their outbound blocking firewall). Some people have problems with high port numbers. They should try lower numbers, as some ISP's are blocking high ranges.
If your firewall or router also blocks outgoing packets, you should open port 29339 as well, which is used for host<->master communication. "

In my experienced, I tried using the TCP and UDP port 63392 as default before and it runs ok in LAN but in Internet LFS Master Server I also can't see my running host. So i use 29339... and tada! its on the list now...
Quote from Deejayyaj :Ok forget about Alternating IP.. it will automatically generates value in that section.

here is what i did in Motorola Port Forwarding.

And following the answer in the LFS FAQ...
http://www.lfs.net/?page=faq&id=13

I want to run a host from behi ... ch port needs to be open?
"Answer to: I want to run a host from behind a firewall, router or connection sharing - which port needs to be open?: Live for Speed S2 hosts use TCP and UDP port 63392 by default, but when starting a host, you can enter any port (but be advised that some people only have the default ports open with their outbound blocking firewall). Some people have problems with high port numbers. They should try lower numbers, as some ISP's are blocking high ranges.
If your firewall or router also blocks outgoing packets, you should open port 29339 as well, which is used for host<->master communication. "

In my experienced, I tried using the TCP and UDP port 63392 as default before and it runs ok in LAN but in Internet LFS Master Server I also can't see my running host. So i use 29339... and tada! its on the list now...

i have already done the above, i have set up 2 of the same just with differnent names for both pc's ther dedi server and the desktop i use to play on and they are all as per the portforwarding website from earlier
http://i216.photobucket.com/al ... 09/justingt5/PORTSPIC.jpg

i will try using the other port but i cant see that it will make a difference.

my server is running so see if you can connect to it, as it is now showing the LFS world/Desktop on the online server list??
proof that it is online see screenshot from LFSW:
http://i216.photobucket.com/al ... 9/justingt5/RMRONLINE.jpg

the server name is: REDMIST RACING 1
see if you can connect?
Did you try enabling DMZ? It is completely dangerous as in security but it may work after that. Oh and a question. What is your router model and company?
Quote from master_lfs.5101 :Did you try enabling DMZ? It is completely dangerous as in security but it may work after that. Oh and a question. What is your router model and company?

Not sure what DMZ is to be honest? My router is a BTHOMEHUB as per the screen shot above showing the open ports for LFS.

Can someone just try to connect to the server from the internet and see if the name appears in the multiplayer host list???

Server name is: REDMIST RACING 1

Thanks
[quote=Deejayyaj;885412]

quote]

i have cured the problem, and the issue was this: as i was running 2 pc's i had set the ports to be forwarded on to the same values on both devices on my router. after looking on the net and researching networking in a bit more detail i noticed that ports can only communicate to one device at a time and i had to rules forwarded both sets of ports to both PC's this was causing a conflict so this what i did to rectify the problem:

PC1 - the main pc which i use to play lfs now has a rule to forward only port ranges 63392 to 63392 TCP/UDP and it can communicate to LFS on this port and the router directs all traffic to PC1

PC2- The pc which runs the dedi server and dedigui now has a rule to forward only port ranges 29339 to 29339 TCP

and that solves all the problems i was having i justed deleted the old port mappings and set up the ranges individually for each device and assigned the ranges to each machine and now it works like a dream.....??

only thing is now i do not know how to log in as admin so i can control commands whilst connected to the host as admin.

Thanks to all for your help it is most appreciated.
Quote :PC1 - the main pc which i use to play lfs now has a rule to forward only port ranges 63392 to 63392 TCP/UDP and it can communicate to LFS on this port and the router directs all traffic to PC1

PC2- The pc which runs the dedi server and dedigui now has a rule to forward only port ranges 29339 to 29339 TCP

Thats it... for PC1 and PC2. Nice to know that you solved the problem.
29339 which will display your dedi server coz you use a router.
63392 which will communicate in your game play.

Hope it is running now. I'll do drop by your server host when I see it online Good luck serving, No problem about your questions.
#15 - 65D
I entered to Live For Speed S2 at June 2009 and I started to drive in FoX Junkies server. Since tuesday I didn't have any problems with connection but now I'm not able to connect, it only says "connection timed out". I can't use their TeamSpeak 3 server or websites either. What I can do, what is the problem?
Quote from 65D :I entered to Live For Speed S2 at June 2009 and I started to drive in FoX Junkies server. Since tuesday I didn't have any problems with connection but now I'm not able to connect, it only says "connection timed out". I can't use their TeamSpeak 3 server or websites either. What I can do, what is the problem?

u bumped a 1.5 year old thread
but
clean ur cookies , history , temp internet files, enc
these files can slow down ur internet connection
#17 - 65D
Quote from Bass-Driver :u bumped a 1.5 year old thread

Why should I worry about when last post has sent? I care only about the subject of my message.

Quote from Bass-Driver :clean ur cookies , history , temp internet files, etc
these files can slow down ur internet connection

i fail to see how... these are files stored on your computer and have no bearing on an active internet connection. seeing as he's from finland and trying to connect to a server in germany, there's either a routing issue, a problem with his internet, or maybe he's been ip banned from the fragmaster servers.
#19 - 65D
Actually problem fixed when Failure (the boss of server) entered to server. I can't understand.

:wtf2:
#20 - 65D
When Failure is not online, i'm NOT able to connect to server. When he is online, I'm able.

:wtf2: :wtf2:

Can I receive some help from someone?
Looks like his problem is solved,because he is online at the server and FmFailure not.
#22 - 65D
Yes, problem is solved and there was some problem in Fragmaster.
#23 - 65D
Yesterday problem was solven until evening, problem is now back and there is online 7 drivers but just I can't connect again. WTF!!!!!!????
I'm trying to host a LFS Dedi under Linux.
I have ports opened and edited the setup.cfg, running it with Wine.
It even gets master host packages.

But still I get a Connection Time-Out whilst trying to connect.

I CAN connect local.

Someone knows what the problem is?
Quote from rockclan :I'm trying to host a LFS Dedi under Linux.
I have ports opened and edited the setup.cfg, running it with Wine.
It even gets master host packages.

But still I get a Connection Time-Out whilst trying to connect.

I CAN connect local.

Someone knows what the problem is?

Same problem, but under Win.
Opened both UDP and TCP of 63392 and 29339, server is on the master server list, gets packages but everyone gets timed out saying did not receive track info. I can also connect to the server in local.

I can see the host in LFSW online hosts, but not in game.

Client Connect: Connect Timed Out Dedicated Server
(29 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG