The online racing simulator
Jealousy has nothing to do with. Am I jealous of Lewis Hamilton as a man? No. As a driver? Of course (aren't we all). I have never claimed that he his second-rate, or even average. But there have been too few sparks of genius from him given the regard most here seem to hold him in. He hasn't shown the genius of Alonso, Schumacher or Senna before him.

He is arrogant due to his career path, although the battering he took for being a liar and a twat at the beginning of the year has helped him. When his car was poor this year, he was poor. When the car was good, he got the results. There were very few, if any, results dragged out of a dog of a car by a truly great driver.

And no, I haven't forgiven him for calling the backmarkers the "monkeys at the back", even though he's had a taste of it himself.

I just don't like him.

I am not, however, petty enough to insinuate that it's because of the colour of his skin, or because of my own flaws as a driver.

I am petty enough to suggest that, perhaps you do not like me because you are jealous of me? After all, using your own logic, dislike is caused by jealousy and nothing else...

E: Furthermore, I am jealous of pretty much anyone in professional motorsport. Yet I dislike only a few. Surely, if I am jealous then I should dislike, or is it not the case that your theory is flawed?
Quote from tristancliffe :Jealousy has nothing to do with. Am I jealous of Lewis Hamilton as a man? No. As a driver? Of course (aren't we all). I have never claimed that he his second-rate, or even average. But there have been too few sparks of genius from him given the regard most here seem to hold him in. He hasn't shown the genius of Alonso, Schumacher or Senna before him.

He is arrogant due to his career path, although the battering he took for being a liar and a twat at the beginning of the year has helped him. When his car was poor this year, he was poor. When the car was good, he got the results. There were very few, if any, results dragged out of a dog of a car by a truly great driver.

And no, I haven't forgiven him for calling the backmarkers the "monkeys at the back", even though he's had a taste of it himself.

I agree with the first paragraph here actually, the second, I do not. You didn't see Heikki matching Lewis' pace in a shit car did you? No. I haven't really forgiven him for saying that there are monkeys at the back of an F1 grid either, but 1 holding a grudge is a pathetic.

#2 holding a grudge against someone that didn't even directly offend you is even more pathetic and 3, I don't 'dislike' you.
Heikki did at times match or beat Lewis - look at their performances in the wet at the beginning of the season - Hamilton 'did a Massa at Silverstone'!

His comments about monkeys did offend me. They might not have been about me or to me, but they did offend me. I am within my rights to hold a grudge if I so choose.

Glad you don't "dislike" me though
Quote from tristancliffe :He hasn't shown the genius of Alonso.

eh?

He hasn't shown the 'genius' of Alonso apart from beating the genius Alonso in his first year of F1.

I am sure before 2007 you would have said only a touch of real genius could beat Alonso in the same car whether they were a rookie or not. Seems like your dislike of the lad clouds your judgement on this issue.
Alonso was hardly on fire that year either!!! The genius of Alonso was missing in 2007. Matching his points does not equate to being of the same genius! Seems your love of the lad clouds your judgement on this issue.
Quote from tristancliffe :Alonso was hardly on fire that year either!!! The genius of Alonso was missing in 2007. Matching his points does not equate to being of the same genius! Seems your love of the lad clouds your judgement on this issue.

His genius was 'missing'???? how convenient!!!! No, what happened was Alonso had never came up against a driver of Hamilton's quality and buckled. I freakin' love Alonso, he's an awesome driver, but he couldn't handle Hamilton, because Hamilton was and is better. Turn 1 Australia Hamilton destroyed Alonso mentally. That one move demonstrates everything you need to know. A man in his first year of F1, his first start, took apart the current F1 WDC in his first competitive corner.

Is Hamilton a genius? I don't know! But if Alonso is considered it, then you can only conclude that a man that beat him in the same car, and relegated him to a mid gridder for the next two years at renault deserves that accolade too.
You think that Alonso in 2007 was the same Alonso that we had seen in 05/06, or that recurred in the latter half of 2008?

Hamilton is good. Of that there is no doubt. But I could not yet place him amongst the greats of F1 past and present. Until we see that spark from Hamilton - either the remarkable consistency of Schumacher, the raw pace of Senna, the thinking of Prost (though, to be fair, Schumacher was better than both at those two aspects), or the car control of Villeneuve (or even Sutil)...

It will be interesting to see how many laps Hamilton can manage before he destroys his rear tyres and has to park the car in the smallest pile of gravel ever to grace an F1 circuit.
Quote from tristancliffe :Alonso was hardly on fire that year either!!! The genius of Alonso was missing in 2007. Matching his points does not equate to being of the same genius! Seems your love of the lad clouds your judgement on this issue.

You sound like a taurus, blind to the obvious and won't admit truth. Hold grudges until the end of time and refuse to like anything that's popular.
OI! I'm a Taurus!
Astrology mumbo-jumbo? I would have thought you wouldn't stoop so low. Besides, what about the vast majority of the time when I do see the obvious, happily admit the truth, don't hold grudges and like popular things? Or do the negative values of astrology only apply when it suits a single particular circumstance? I just happen to not think Hamilton is an all-time great, is more of a robot than Schumacher ever was, and the least worthy F1 champion for many, many years.

You can all fight and moan and argue all you like, but it will not change my views. Only Hamilton can do that, but he's not showing many signs of doing so.
Quote from tristancliffe :Astrology mumbo-jumbo? I would have thought you wouldn't stoop so low?

I bet that your best best best friend in the world is Capricorn or Virgo. Give me their honest birthdate

Oh, and for the record, girls LOVE Astrology, so if you know alot about it, you get alot of them in your bed.
Trust me, quantity between the sheets isn't a problem, and only a few read their horoscopes (though few claim to have anything more than a passing interest).

My closest friend was born at the beginning of October, which makes them a Virgo. Does that prove anything? Do you really think that millions of people have nearly identical days based on 12 vague patterns of stars? Ha ha ha ha

Next you'll start telling me you believe in a make believe Creator?
Quote from tristancliffe :Trust me, quantity between the sheets isn't a problem, and only a few read their horoscopes (though few claim to have anything more than a passing interest).

My closest friend was born at the beginning of October, which makes them a Virgo. Does that prove anything? Do you really think that millions of people have nearly identical days based on 12 vague patterns of stars? Ha ha ha ha

Next you'll start telling me you believe in a make believe Creator?

The start of October is Libra, unless you meant the start of September which is a Virgo. You're obviously one of these people who doesn't believe in anything, but girls don't like sourpuss men. You have to believe in something :} I don't BELIEVE IN ASTROLOGY but it says Virgo and Taurus get on very well, and I looked at my 3 best friends and they were all Taurus. My wife happens to be a Capricorn which is also the other sign Virgo are supposed to connect with. It's not bullshit if you let yourself believe, if you constantly crush it with negativity you will never believe.

And I'm telling you, girls dig astrology because they are easily sold on things like that. So as much as I believe myself it's just something to get the girls too :P but this is way OT
This thread just took an unexpected and classic turn.

I like Tristan, he's a cool guy and very sincere and a total gentleman in the flesh, but I also know his views on F1 drivers are almost completely skewed in comparison to my own. This is ok, because we share a passion for a sport and can talk about it without our particular views being an argument - just talking points.

I really don't see what need there is to get so worked up about that you'd go as low as dragging his birth sign into it!? Seriously, he was born with that affliction he can't help it...
Quote from Becky Rose :

I really don't see what need there is to get so worked up about that you'd go as low as dragging his birth sign into it!? Seriously, he was born with that affliction he can't help it...

I know I'm sorry

Oh yea, I heard Pieces was kinky
My bad. I looked it up on Wikipedia, but there are two data ranges to choose from...

I do believe in something - science.

I don't see why we've turned this conversation into one about what women will find attractive?

E: Pieces, not Pisces?
Quote from tristancliffe :

I do believe in something - science.

E: Pieces, not Pisces?

Well at least you're man enough to admit that Science is a belief. Most of what we consider 'fact' a human can't really comprehend.

Ye, Pisces I failed hehe, PIECES ARE KINKY THOUGH, didn't you notice that?
I find most facts easy to comprehend, but yes of course science is a belief. What has this got to do with Hamilton being nothing particularly special in F1 terms?
I don't believe in anything. There are some scientific theories which I accept are likely true, or are a reasonable interpretation of recreatable guidelines. That's about as close to belief as I get. I don't see why I need to believe in something? As for my sex life: not your concern.
Quote from BlueFlame :Oh, and for the record, girls LOVE Astrology, so if you know alot about it, you get alot of them in your bed.

no you only get those stupid enough to believe in astrology
In a hurry I guess :P
Attached images
wat.png
Quote from Shotglass :no you only get those stupid enough to believe in astrology

"Millionaires don't use Astrology, billionaires do!" Quote by J.P. Morgan..

So that guy must have been very stupid according to Your logic?

But I like how these racing discussions always turn into anything but racing discussions. Instead they always end up with a bunch of people flaming each other.. Stay on topic please..
Quote from DevilDare :Oh god.... Here we go again....

Poor Rosberg....

I wouldn't read too much into that, what does the article actually state that we don't know already?

Of course they'll back Schumacher if he's as good as they hope he will be. That doesn't mean they won't back Rosberg if he's better, though.

Formula One Season 2010
(1980 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG