The online racing simulator
Recommend a smartphone
(49 posts, started )
I jumped across a very cheap E71 couple days ago. So I bought it. And boy am I glad I did!

Excellent smartphone. I love it!
-
(crashgate2) DELETED by franky500 : Troll (+ replies)
Quote from Jakg :Android, perchance?

The G1 has the keyboad (but the battery life is abysmal), the Hero has everything else.

try the Nexus 1 or Droid, for a good battery on an android 2.0 phone. The droid has a hardware kb and virtual kb's. The Nexus one is HUGE! But has Android 2.1
Anything HTC and WIndows Mobile. TouchFlo isn't a bad thing like you seem to think (by your comment on it). The HD2 would be pretty much "THE" way to go.
Nokia N95 (I have a wonderful experience with it)
Nokia N900 (doesn't use Symbian, has touchscreen and it's great)
Motorola Droid

These are the main ones I recommend... don't remember any other right now
Quote from Fuse5 :lolwhat, since when is iPhone a smartphone.

you're kidding, right?
He is correct, the iPhone isn't a smart phone. It's a glorified dumbphone with a bunch of apps.

Up until a year ago it couldn't even copy/paste...and it still can't multitask. If my phone couldn't copy/paste and multitask it would make my job suck.
Quote from Homeless_Drunk :He is correct, the iPhone isn't a smart phone. It's a glorified dumbphone with a bunch of apps.

Up until a year ago it couldn't even copy/paste...and it still can't multitask. If my phone couldn't copy/paste and multitask it would make my job suck.

It also doesn't allow use of Bluetooth for file transfer, neither has got a file manager. That's awful, these are two things I use a lot on my N95.
iPhone is a good looking phone with an excellent interface while a device with Windows Mobile is less atractive, you can not do everything with your fingers and runs slower, but at least is useful
got my nokia 5800 today...very happy.
works without any problems, yet i have to fully understand it
HQ movies...woo.
and it makes damn much noise when listening to music
anyone has suggestion what games to get?
the ones ive seen werent that great, looking for sports or thinking games.
Quote from [RCG]Boosted :got my nokia 5800 today...very happy.
works without any problems, yet i have to fully understand it
HQ movies...woo.
and it makes damn much noise when listening to music
anyone has suggestion what games to get?
the ones ive seen werent that great, looking for sports or thinking games.

5800 ftw

Games I have:
- Connect4
- Bounce
- BlockGO
- Gomoku
- Marble Maze
- Tic Tac Lite
- Labyrinth
- Minesweeper
- Micropinball

Apps:
- Qik
- Opera Mobile
- RealPlayer
- Shazam
- ScreenSnap
- Slick
- Quickoffice
- Adobe Reader
- Garmin

arrr...would u be so kind and provide me some links?
For opera mobile:
www.opera.com/mobile/next

It is really great!

By the way, as far as I know, Real Player and Adobe Reader and Quick Office come with the phone... that is, Quick Office only reads files (requires payment to edit MS Office files), and Real Player and Adobe Reader comes fully functional. I have them on my N95 (there's a very few difference, both are Symbian, N95 is S60v3 and 5800XM is S60v5... the main differences are hardware (I think the 5800XM doesn't have integrated graphics card (N95 does) but I'm not sure) and animations, and a few adaptations for touch screen).
as i checked the post from töki i noticed it.
about to install
as i use 99.9% opera as web browser on pc too it just makes sense to get it on my mobile too ^^
Quote from [RCG]Boosted :arrr...would u be so kind and provide me some links?

I got all the programs from www.nokiaprogramok.hu but the site is Hungarian so I don't think you will understand it. Maybe with google translate. You need to register to be able to download.

But I'm pretty sure you'll find some great websites on Google. e.g: http://www.nokias60v5.com
Quote from [RCG]Boosted :as i checked the post from töki i noticed it.
about to install
as i use 99.9% opera as web browser on pc too it just makes sense to get it on my mobile too ^^

Me too, I posted first and then read the apps list, that's why I edited the post.
By the way, that's a great list of apps I use a lot on the N95 (not all, quite a few), some of them have their versions for s60v5... you can check them out here: http://n95blog.com/25-must-hav ... atons-for-your-nokia-n95/

I know quite a bit about these phones (the N95 and 5800XM), if anyone wants any help you're welcome to PM me or something.
(for N95 owners, I have a quite extensive library (2,6GB) of apps and games if anyone wants...)

By the way, some people get this confused so I think I better say it: there are two opera versions, one for dumbphones and non-Symbian phones that use Java (Opera Mini), and another one for Symbian phones (Opera Mobile), so if you use a Symbian powered phone, you should definitely get Opera Mobile as it is so much better than Opera Mini, specially when it comes to performance. Opera Mini has just the same functions as Opera Mobile, but it lacks integration with Symbian (integration which makes things even easier) so people with Symbian phones should really get Opera Mobile instead.
any suggestions on a instant messenger?
i tried Nimbuzz, but it didnt work correctly (gone offline by itself without showing it) and currently testing palringo.
cant say if its any good as i have just installed it today
I have the amazing N95 and would recommend it to anybody. The N97 Mini is also good.
Quote from [RCG]Boosted :any suggestions on a instant messenger?
i tried Nimbuzz, but it didnt work correctly (gone offline by itself without showing it) and currently testing palringo.
cant say if its any good as i have just installed it today

Have you tried Windows Live Messenger?

It's official, and it does the same pc version: you can send and receive nudges, files, images, record and send sound, talk with as many people you want at the same time, etc. Very easy to use and pretty awesome I would say.

Quote from shaun463 :I have the amazing N95 and would recommend it to anybody.

+%infinity%
I use Slick for MSN.

It even adds your live messenger contacts to the Contacts built-in app in a secondary tab and matches your phone's contacts with your messenger contacts (to get their emails, phone numbers, personal information, address, birthday, etc):

PS: works with most Symbian phones. N95 and 5800XM are in the list of supported phones.

EDIT:

Here are screenshots of the Windows Mobile version of Windows Live Messenger (that came after the Symbian version, not before it as expected :tilt
N900 is awesome. I've got one. I love it.

Wish it sent picture messages, though, lol. They're still adding features to it. It was rushed out before they got everything done, lol.
i tried to find windows live in the ovi store...(nokia says its there) but its not in there.
only nimbuzz, which i already have.

//EDIT: is there also an irc client?
ive tried one but it didnt work...
My Satio has been delayed for a while and I hope that I will receive the goddamn phone tomorrow. Really hate the way t-mobile works here in holland. Satio is also S60v5, have alot of apps for it.
Nokia N95 running 3D games: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JRZA7w_zWmM
(the name of the game is "One", get it and many more from www.n-gage.com )
These are also available for other s60v3 phones with integrated GPU

Augmented Reality - Tower Defense:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zyWVH6jkDHg
This game is free (there is also another game that also uses Augmented Reality too): Download
These Augmented Reality games work better on s60v3 Nokia phones (N-series), but may work on other phones. Check the website for compatibility.

I'm finishing a N95-3 review that I should have posted already some days ago, but I've been quite busy lately so I couldn't finish it before.

What about we make a thread for posting everything we love about our (smart)phones, with several links to (legal) game and app downloads, cool features and the like? I could help with that...

edit:
If you want a gaming smartphone, you can compare the benchmark of real gaming in most smartphones, The benchmark tools use OpenGL 1.x. You can also download for free the tool and benchmark your own phone. The tests include a first person shooter render with different settings, rendering scenes with several different texture sizes and light sources, and least but not last real time lighting and real time shadows.
http://www.glbenchmark.com/compare.jsp

Notice how the N95 performs much better than the iPhone 2G and 3G, but Apple has completely changed their iPhone 3Gs hardware in a amazing way: it's a whole lot faster, and is now the top fastest phone on the benchmark.
Top 5 best benchmark results:
1 - Apple iPhone 3Gs - 882 points
2 - HTC T8585 HD2 - 637 points
3 - Nokia N82 - 577 points
4 - Nokia N95 - 537 points
5 - Nokia N93 - 537 points

Recommend a smartphone
(49 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG