The online racing simulator
[OCC] Oklahoma County Cruise Club
(72 posts, started )
According to your post starting a team requires 812 Dollars, so if you spend so much (as this is clearly not) why to not stick with one team? This would make you save some money. Now I'm not surprised that financial crisis started in USA.
E-Team cost me about €3.60 in 1 year...with one server, one TS server lot of different skins, a streaming for differents league...why does people think the always need to pay ^^

Find a team skinner in your team who will do that free ! You can think good free website, you can do your TS server (Framaris from R2R does that)...
Quote from oldnavy : Now I'm not surprised that financial crisis started in USA.

LOL that made me laugh! he must have a high paying job at McDonalds or something
Quote from whoknew :Sick of his crap, is he Stigs brother or something?

Nah he's the stig's american cousin

Quote from ghostrider83 :

Not a Team but a Club.

You seriously need to stop making all this stuff up.

Quote from master_lfs.5101 :who would spend 500$ on a frickin team?

Exactly. That's why NO ONE spends that much on a team. Do you think CoRe or 3id's budget is $500? This isn't real motorsports. The fast teams didn't get there because they spend a lot of money.
Quote from oldnavy : Now I'm not surprised that financial crisis started in USA.

Ye good point, they are just dumb and Ghostrider is great example.
D'oh.
Instead of paying for VPS, host server at home, DSL is enough for 0 player server
Quote from ghostrider83 :

I was basically paying $56.00 a month for the normail expences....

Well I can see you all don't read that much. becasue if you did you would know that ghostrider83 said is normial monthly expence was $56 and could get as high as $571. I Know my expence for a website is $0.00 but to have it set up the way I want I pay $10.00 for each month I need it updated. but starting Next Month I will be moving my team to a new site taht's going to cost us $10.00 every year for the domain Name another $15.00 per month for the site hosting. Thats $195.00 per year. Now for my team I'm like ghostrider83 I would like Great skins so I made a contest where the winner would get an S2 voucher or £24.00. as for an insim well I'm sorry I'm also like ghostrider83 and wouldn't use the insim off these forums if my life depended on it (no offence but it *****) so I too will be paying to get an insim for my servers I plan to get in the future.

Now below is the expences that ghostrider83 pays and the expences I pay.

ghostrider83 (NOW) $15.00 - $37.00
Domain Name: $10.00 a year
Site Hosting: $15.00 a month
Servers x2: $6.00 every two months
Insim (Cruise): $20.00 (from [LS]) & $250.00 (for a New insim from someone else.
Skins: $300.00 for 7 of each car.
Total: $1060.00 (paid once)
Total once per year: $37.00
Total amount in a month : $15.00 - $27.00

JohnnyLightning (ME) $15.00 - $43.00
Domain Name: $10.00 a year
Site Hosting: $15.00 a month
Servers x3: $6.00 every two months
Insims for Race, Drift, Cruise: $120.00 (one time payment)
Skins: S2 voucher & $117.15 (one time payment)
Total: $280.15 (to start out with)
Total once per year: $43.00
Total once per month: $15.00 - $33.00

Now this because you don't make your members of your team pay a monthly fee to be a admin on the server doesn't mean we don't. for ghostrider83 and I both make members pay a monthly fee to be an admin witch goes toward paying for the servers & website. Maybe You could take a idea from us to help you'r own team.
#34 - CSF
Quote from johnnylightning :
Total: $1060.00 (paid once)

WHAT?! Seriously... WHAT?

Thats criminal. I don't believe he/you are stupid enough to pay that.

Well... actually...
Quote from johnnylightning :Well I can see you all don't read that much. becasue if you did you would know that ghostrider83 said is normial monthly expence was $56 and could get as high as $571. I Know my expence for a website is $0.00 but to have it set up the way I want I pay $10.00 for each month I need it updated. but starting Next Month I will be moving my team to a new site taht's going to cost us $10.00 every year for the domain Name another $15.00 per month for the site hosting. Thats $195.00 per year. Now for my team I'm like ghostrider83 I would like Great skins so I made a contest where the winner would get an S2 voucher or £24.00. as for an insim well I'm sorry I'm also like ghostrider83 and wouldn't use the insim off these forums if my life depended on it (no offence but it *****) so I too will be paying to get an insim for my servers I plan to get in the future.

$15 a month for hosting? I presume you're getting your own dedicated server with full shell access and an LFS server for that? I pay €10 a year for web hosting with 500servers, 4GB package is more than enough for however many team/club/gentlemen's association websites you want to setup. That instantly brings you down to ~$25 a year for running expenses. I'll have my $170 I saved you in cheque form please.

£24 for skins is steep, but if they're top notch quality for all 20 cars, it's not that bad, a step in the right direction from $300 at least.

The free InSim cruise app is indeed quite crap, mainly because the LFS community doesn't seem to like sharing open sourced software. It's intended as a base, not to run out of the box and do exactly what you want (that's why it's free). It's quite clearly written on it exactly what it's for before you download it, so don't complain. There's LFSLapper for a drift server, and Airio for a race server. And your cruise server will always be next to empty, as there's already over 9000 empty ones, with maybe 5 semi-occupied ones. What sets yours apart from the crowd?

The InSim app and skins aren't required operating expenses, you can learn to program or to use photoshop and do them yourself for nothing. Same goes for the web server really, you could set up a cheap server at home (find someone giving away an old desktop and set it up) for naff all and save yourself $180 a year. An LFS server is the only "required" expense, unless you have fast reliable internet at home. And you can rent a 47 slot server for less than £5 a month.

So I really don't see how you consider "anything between $56-$571" per month to be normal running costs. One could manage to run a real racing team on $571 a month
Only useful thing I have learned from this thread is that Dutch, Swedish, Norwegian, Finnish and German people have better english than Americans.
Our monthly running costs [Vent Server, 5x LFS Servers with 500servers, Web Hosting] are about £25 per month. Thats about $40.

Even as a team of 7 unemployed bums [well, Timo shoots people] we managed to get that ok.
Ow come on... Like I want to see annother (The Stig)...
Quote from johnnylightning :

Ok, give me $300 and I'll create the best skins I've ever done in my life
I'll do it for $275.
I'll do them for $274.99
Once I receive my money from other comp would be glad to paint more!
this thread makes my brain hurt
0p3n f0r m0ar sh3nan1gans
#45 - wild
Quote from JPeace :precisly our point.

NDR would, imo, spend the most out of all the teams, servers,events, etc.
and yet here is proof that either he is a complete idiot that has just got conned out of thousands of dollars, or he is lieing and doesn't have a clue about running a team/clan/orgy at all.

We spend 80 Euros a month on a dedicated server, which runs numerous LFS Servers, websites, FSX Server and a lot more stuff But then again we have quite a lot of members to share the cost between...
I work for a web host/reseller and I would love to take your money.
ghost ridin' this thread
For everyone's amusement...

Teams:Leagues:Events:For the love of all that is held dear and sacred, GIVE UP
For some reason () i think (the stig) has gone into multiaccounting...or sth like that.
Quote from -NightFly- :For some reason () i think (the stig) has gone into multiaccounting...or sth like that.

All his thread OPs do have the same HURRR DURRRR style as ghostrider's....

Edit: and judging by posts like this he's just as oblivious to humor

[OCC] Oklahoma County Cruise Club
(72 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG