The online racing simulator

Poll : see post

would definitely be interested
would be interested but not likely to attend
would be interested if price etc was right
would not be interested
I'll see what the craic is. Maybe I can make a trip down...
About an hour and 20 from me, according to the planner, which means about an hour with my lead foot. I'd definitely be interested if I can get the time off work and don't have anything else on.
I'm not watching Bob change your wheels, whilst I offer unhelpful suggestions and provide moral support again!
That's alright, I have my own jack for the new car! Although it was Bob who did most of the work anyway
Edited my post to reflect that
wow come back to my pc to find a loads more posts lol, didn't think there was gonna be much interest but i was wrong
time would be in the summer at some point, have to talk to my uncle to see when the best time would be.

age restriction depends on what karts if we were to run single engine it would be 16 years but if we run twins then it will be 18 (although if someone under that age can supply proof of karting experience there is a possibility of it being lower but no promises as i think its more of an insurance issue)

i think the max number of drivers for twin engine single driver is 16 so depending what people want and how many want to attend we may have to run teams although thats not ideal. and yes we do use the chicane

ill have a talk to my uncle and see what sort of dates we have available and what options in the way of race format, kart numbers, and what the costs will be. then ill open up some polls. in the mean time if you have any questions or ideas just pm me .
Have a check if i can race, I've got 2 licenses, Karting National B and Junior ards Track License.

I've done 3 seasons up at bayford and Finished in the top 3 if that helps in any other way.
Depending when you host the meeting, im 16 in august.

Another thing, Do you do the Last corner? and is it standing still start?
They dont check licences for rental racing, any age restriction is purely for insurance and nobodies letting you on the track if you are uninsurable. So it's down to minimum age on the tracks policy and how old you are, the bits of paper don't matter.
Hmm can Always give it a chance, I've done 3 12 hour enduros at Buckmore, i had to be 16, I Was 14 at the time and they let me race.

Surely as its a MSA Track, the MSA License covers it?
ill see what he says but it will probably be no, it may help if i know your full name to see if he remembers you as with some he does. yes they use the chicane bit not the cut through and yes its standing start

on the subject of date, what sort of time (what month etc) would everyone prefer, im looking to have it when its nice and warm and hopefully dry

also seeing the amount of people interested how would everyone feel about running teams and if so if to have them random(picked out of a hat) or pre arranged
Quote from Becky Rose :I'll protect you until you annoy me, like my own child with the exception I can give you back afterwards. *cleans up the dribble from your chin and pulls a fresh nappy out of her bag*

You could give him also the breast ,so he grows up a little bit faster...
Quote from Ger Roady :You could give him also the breast ,so he grows up a little bit faster...

That'd hardly be worthwhile, I have em, but I'm not what you'd call busty. I don't do skin deep beauty, I just wasn't gifted with it - but I've a superb tongue.
Please please please do not have this event in the last week of July or first 2 weeks of august. I really don't want to miss it!!
Don't know if he grows up faster, when you give him your tongue but i assume it is always worth a try.
If he says 15 year olds can go, then i am in, and yes, i have the msa license etc... but as becky said, its all just insurance.
Quote from Ger Roady :Don't know if he grows up faster, when you give him your tongue but i assume it is always worth a try.

This is going to be some good Meeting :rolleyes:
Perhaps something you'll never tell your children :horseman::lovies3d::em31:
O.o ... um, no.

My tongue isn't going there.
Quote from Becky Rose :O.o ... um, no.

My tongue isn't going there.

Good call.

I hope this meet works out. Really would love to make it, and hopefully if I can make it, I won't need to leave early like at the last meeting, so you buy me a drink like you promised last time Becky!
Well, I guess it canot be helped.. If I somehow manage to find a good travveling route, count me in.
Quote from Gills4life :I hope this meet works out. Really would love to make it, and hopefully if I can make it, I won't need to leave early like at the last meeting, so you buy me a drink like you promised last time Becky!

You're such a gentleman.
Quote from Becky Rose :You're such a gentleman.

I'm still a student, I have a good excuse for being a scrounger!
Finally managed to talk to my uncle today.

wasnt sure what date to have it so he recomended the 19th june at 2pm but as thats my dads birthday and also probably lemans weekend its only a tempurary date and i can change it to suit what people want.

Due to driver numbers we would have to run teams of 2 drivers doing an enduro, the best option is a 15 min practice and a 50 min race which would be £50 per driver (£100 per team). we would be using twin engine karts which have an age limit of 18 or require you to have an msa license/ or other proof of being an experianced karter, we will be limited to a max of 16 karts(32 drivers) so when we start confirming places it will be on a first come, first serve basis.

so in short:
date: 19th june @ 2pm (tbc and sunject to change)
price: £50 per driver (£100 per team)
format: 15min practice 50 min race
karts: twin engine prokart (over 18 or with msa license)
capacity: 16 karts/ 32 drivers

if all those SERIOUSLY interested could recommend a date in april, may or june then we can get things more set in stone

ill see if we can get a seperate area or something to make further discussions easier. if you need any more info just ask
The date is fine with me but I wasn't really expecting it to be £50 each. I'll have a think.

South East Karting Meet Sign Ups
(157 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG