The online racing simulator
i'm losing my patience
(18 posts, started )
i'm losing my patience
hello fellow racers.
i play mostly in Blackwood with the XFG car, my best hotlap is 1.33.70
here's goes my problem:

i manage to get 31.3x on the first sector and i manage to get 27.7x(my best is 27.69) in the last sector, what i don't understand is why i can't keep with others racers in the 2nd split...this is driving me absolutely crazy, all i can do is 34.7x and worse.

i'm tired of watching replays, comparing this replays with the Speed Analyser and watch them at .500 and .250 (time) to see the braking points and entries...when i try to copy cat, nothing, nothing...

When i play in a friends pc that is recent than mine, i find the car more stable with the same setup than playing on my own, its a bit old... amd xp1600 with 256 mbytes of ram with a msi 5900 xt graphic card.

Is my pc slowing me down or do i lack something?

Thanks.
I would guess, its because the FPS are higher, so you can drive more fluent!?
Quote from zeugnimod :I would guess, its because the FPS are higher, so you can drive more fluent!?

after disallowing some features i get 75 frames (well the pc jumps from 60 and 80 during the hotlaps)...

om my friends pc i get a sticky 90-95 frames.
Oh okay. At anything > 40 fps there isn't really that much difference regarding controller lag. It's usually only a big difference if you play with 25fps or less, but at 75 compared to 90 it's definitely not the case.
Post a replay of yourself mate and im sure some people will advise you of any incorrect lines/braking points.
Quote from fujiwara :after disallowing some features i get 75 frames (well the pc jumps from 60 and 80 during the hotlaps)...

om my friends pc i get a sticky 90-95 frames.

Ok, I take back my guess.
#7 - MR_B
Sometimes its the way you drive which determins these apparent un-reachable laptimes....

I know i could use the same braking points and same lines as another driver, but be slower because maybe im too aggressive in my style...

Just suggesting....

It maybe your favorite combo, but there's many more in this game, like only recently i found i love driving the FOX at Kyoto National....
#8 - MR_B
Sorry, just noticed you're a demo guy...

Maybe if it's been bugging you for so long, then it could be something in your mind that makes you think it'll happen everytime you drive.
#9 - Tooby
Hi!
For me when I try really hard in getting good lap times I usally fail.
1. Disable all information in the screen and try to focus on each corner entry/exit
2. It have helped me to drive different cars/track and then come back and do the hotlap - Usally I am faster then before.

Hope this can help
#10 - Goop
Assuming you have a wheel... are your pedals spiking? Make sure you're getting full throttle and no brake (there's an option somwhere so you have a visual representation of the axes) - this is a common problem with the logi-momo pedals.
thanks all for the replys.
thanks a lot baloo for spending time analyising my hotlap.
Yes, is the S in the 2nd sector that is kiling me, funny thing yesterday i was watching a replay and test driving and i found myself driving a car with a nice setup, almost break my PB, which would be kinda weird (is the hotlap valid for submission?) and did a 34.55 on the 2nd(my best so far).

Just another thing...i know that shouldn't be difs between a frame rate of 75 and 95, but i really believe the car behaves tottaly diferent, the handling is so much great, could it be the monitor.

I'm using a 17" LCD with a ersponse time of 12ms, my friends is a 19" CRT(i think, the screen area seems to be almost the same).

Thanks all again.
The response time of the monitor doesn't really matter. I'm using a 19" LCD with like 18ms, get around 30fps and I'm doing ok. I remember pbu mentioning that he gets like 25fps or so...

Maybe the steering settings were just a little different on your friends computer.
Quote from bal00 :The response time of the monitor doesn't really matter. I'm using a 19" LCD with like 18ms, get around 30fps and I'm doing ok. I remember pbu mentioning that he gets like 25fps or so...

Maybe the steering settings were just a little different on your friends computer.

yeah, have u checked steering setups?
Quote from fujiwara :funny thing yesterday i was watching a replay and test driving and i found myself driving a car with a nice setup, almost break my PB, which would be kinda weird (is the hotlap valid for submission?) and did a 34.55 on the 2nd(my best so far).

No, you cant upload that hotlap, you have to drive it with your "own" setup.
well this isn't twilight zone but almost...
same settings, same setup, same resolution, same car and track....the handling is just diferent.
30 fps..? baloo you play like hell and pbu too.
Too bad about the test drive, it should be possible to upload test drive hotlaps, by the way baloo the test drive in question was from a team mate yours.

PS: just blew a 1.05.88 with a final 28.05...damn it.

Quote from bal00 :The response time of the monitor doesn't really matter. I'm using a 19" LCD with like 18ms, get around 30fps and I'm doing ok. I remember pbu mentioning that he gets like 25fps or so...

My last gaming addiction was playing Doom for speed records. It was infamous among top Doom players that you can't play well on someone else's PC, even with your own mouse, keyboard and config. Still things felt different. We put it down in the end to odd mental stuff, voodoo, or USB controllers being different...
it's due to reasons you can't find easily, just that and nothing more.

i'm losing my patience
(18 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG