The online racing simulator
Snooooowww
(2156 posts, started )
I took great pleasure today in seeing an X5 stationary with all four wheels spinning madly on really quite a shallow incline that 2WD vehicles were managing perfectly well.
Going to be around -10°C tonight in the highlands of Scotland, with it looking to get as low as -20°C by the weekend. Aviermore has had almost 2 feet of snow just today. Yet our trains were only 20 mins behind schedule, despite the fact that you could hardly see the tracks

Carrbridge Train Station (not my picture btw)

And you think you had it down in England....bah, that is but a dusting of snow.
-
(Jordan2007) DELETED by Jordan2007
Quote from ATC Quicksilver :We have had consistent snow all day, and it's snowing even harder now. At this rate we will be snowed in all weekend. I will post some pictures up later, we made a big Jewish snowman (you will know what I mean when I post pics).

Christian snowman at the end of my road > Jewish snowman
Attached images
DSCF1081.JPG
When it was 62 cm then the snow was nice and fluffy because it was so cold and it snowed lightly with large flakes. After that the snow has collapsed under its own weight and got more compressed. That's way the snow is less deep although it's been snowing more and more.
Loads of snow where I live, college closed from Wednesday to Friday, only been able to dig the car out this morning (started snowing tuesday night)

Someone took this video of the town centre just down the road from me, showing how slippery the roads were http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IPMvcsAuP24
No snow yesterday or today for moi. Looks the same for the next few days as well. Just cold and misery
Quote from Minimaxman :Loads of snow where I live, college closed from Wednesday to Friday, only been able to dig the car out this morning (started snowing tuesday night)

Someone took this video of the town centre just down the road from me, showing how slippery the roads were http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IPMvcsAuP24

all doing the fatal thing when they start sliding, sitting on the brakes. Surely its common sense that if you let the wheels start moving again it will give you back some control
Quote from Minimaxman :Loads of snow where I live, college closed from Wednesday to Friday, only been able to dig the car out this morning (started snowing tuesday night)

The legend at 2:30 showing everyone how it's done.
3 Foot long iceicles hanging down from my roof... The gutter will break before they stop getting longer
We have the same from where our heating pumps out cold air onto one spot. Ours are about 5-6 foot now and show no sign of stopping. Guttering is holding out fine though after i went up with the ladder and had a poke around. Could have sawn it off but it looks so pretty. A water pipe in town burst earlier and has made a really nice half fountain ice effect. Will try and actualkly get my camera out tomorrow.

Also going skiing tomorrow hopefully!

Do those guys even wear winter(snow?) tyres?

No, because we hardly ever get snow (at least in england). I've seen a few people using snow chains though.
snow is just all ice here in lovely wigan few days ago a porsche carrera 4s? was about 2cm off the rear of a minivan as it was braking for a mini roundabout i was prepared to rip my phone out and take a pic.
Sattelite photo of Britain taken a few days ago:

WOW crash that's amazing!!!!!!!

Quote from -NightFly- :Do those guys even wear winter(snow?) tyres?

It never snows enough here for us to need them.
School is closed tomorrow as well.

Not much snow here now - its all frozen. Very slippery, just today me and my mate nearly fell over like 20 times.
Quote from DevilDare :School is closed tomorrow as well.

Not much snow here now - its all frozen. Very slippery, just today me and my mate nearly fell over like 20 times.

I fell on my arse earlier when i was walking to a mates lmao!
im back on monday i lol'd at the fact they wanted us to actually do work
In germany damn snow will be expected for the weekend again

i dont like it very much, too cold...
Quote from brt900 :im back on monday i lol'd at the fact they wanted us to actually do work

Thats generally what you do at School, as far as I know.

Snooooowww
(2156 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG