The online racing simulator
Quote from dawesdust_12 :I'm just going to move the track folder into my 1.1 install and test it. Has worked for all the other tracks, so I can't imagine why it'd not work for this one.

Didn't work for me...
I get the feeling the Osella & Hill Climb with the improved 1.1 version will = epic win
That hillclimb mod is great. Cant get it fully right though yet.
Wonder if you can make it work in 1.03?
In hindsight, I doubt it as the EXE is a customized version of 1.03, to deal with differing start and end points... I recall Kunos mentioning this at somepoint, well before I bought it, on some kind of progress report Re: NKP.
Boy, that is punishment...

Anyway, don't forget to turn off aids... hit G, Q, T to turn off the TC, ABS, and Auto-shift.
netkar pro... very diappointed, unplayable on mouse, bad menus and configuration, stupid install and running, too high graphic requirements, shitty demo, only one formula and one car, no MP in that no other cars, no fun, LFS rocks one of best games I've ever played well I'm playing it still actually will never and maybe
What's the point of that post? It's a very hardcore sim (more than LFS) so it will be unplayable on mouse. The menu's aren't any worse than LFS, The Installer is almost identical to the new Z28 installer, It runs just fine on my rather old iMac, The demo was good enough, as there's been enough people to buy it from the demo. There's actually 4 formula cars (F1600, F1800, F2000, FTarget) then the 1 tin-top (Abarth). There's multiplayer, and it's more fun than LFS is IMO (based on raw driving feel, not to mention the racing and communities).

Your post was a great troll attempt, as you just criticized with NO facts or evidence to back it up or even reason WHY anything was "worse" than LFS. Even I'm better than that.
Quote from JackCY :netkar pro... very diappointed, unplayable on mouse, bad menus and configuration, stupid install and running, too high graphic requirements, shitty demo, only one formula and one car, no MP in that no other cars, no fun, LFS rocks one of best games I've ever played well I'm playing it still actually will never and maybe

Ah well, I enjoy it.
Quote from JackCY :netkar pro... very diappointed, unplayable on mouse, bad menus and configuration, stupid install and running, too high graphic requirements, shitty demo, only one formula and one car, no MP in that no other cars, no fun, LFS rocks one of best games I've ever played well I'm playing it still actually will never and maybe

Laughable comments.

Menus...perfectly functional

Configuration... Easier to configure than LFS

Install.. Don't understand your comment in the slightest to be honest. Click install and install it. Whats the problem?

To high Graphics requirements????? On a very modest system for 2009 (E7400 and an 384mb 8800GTS i get over 300 FPS on some tracks and never less than 200FPS, with all options up full and 8*AA 16*AF It may need higher requirements the LFS, but it's far better looking.

Shitty Demo?... a fifth of the cars and all the tracks online. That's a far higher percentage of content than even LFS provides in it's demo.

Though if you're the sort of person that want to play racing sims with a mouse then it's definitely not the sim for you anyway.

Come back when you have something even remotely sensible to say.
Quote from tristancliffe :The little cap is up when it's on, and is there so that in an emergency you can just whack the cover and it'll turn everything off, rather than having to accurately flick a much smaller switch. You don't mount them where you might accidentally flick it.

Is the Dallara unstable on the brakes like the F1600 is in NKP? I tried the demo for the first time, everything feels fine, I just don't know how a real single-seater feels like on while on the brakes.
I'd imagine that Tristans Dallara would feel more like the FTarget than the F1600 just based upon the fact the FTarget is similar enough to an F3 car, and that's what Tristan drives.

He says the setup values are bunk, but I dunno what he thinks about how it drives.
I know they are not similar cars but the F1600 is the only car i can drive in the 1.0.3 demo.
Quote from The Moose :Laughable comments.

Menus...perfectly functional

Configuration... Easier to configure than LFS

Install.. Don't understand your comment in the slightest to be honest. Click install and install it. Whats the problem?

For some reasons I have to agree with most of the things you call "Laughable". The menu is at this point way more complicated than it should be. For instance the whole car / track selection is not something I would call fast to use. Clicking through scroll lists to select something you want ( especially if you only have access to demo content you can click through lots of stuff and only see a locked symbol) annoying.

As far as I haven been told the way to set the wheel up is also used in iPaying but clicking to 10 menus saying turn wheel left, center, right etc is compared to the lfs way rather complicated.

And I'm not even starting about where to find what options (like changing the FF settings which I would never expect to find in the CAR setup garage).

Quote from three_jump :For some reasons I have to agree with most of the things you call "Laughable". The menu is at this point way more complicated than it should be. For instance the whole car / track selection is not something I would call fast to use. Clicking through scroll lists to select something you want ( especially if you only have access to demo content you can click through lots of stuff and only see a locked symbol) annoying.

As far as I haven been told the way to set the wheel up is also used in iPaying but clicking to 10 menus saying turn wheel left, center, right etc is compared to the lfs way rather complicated.

And I'm not even starting about where to find what options (like changing the FF settings which I would never expect to find in the CAR setup garage).

Who cares? You should be driving the cars, no through the menus.
Quote from 5haz :Who cares? You should be driving the cars, no through the menus.

I just took a look at nKPro, and it was kinda hard to get on track.
Well I can manage it.
Its what seperates the Racers from the Ricers
Out of all the driving sims I really would like this to succeed. It's definitely got the best tyre model out of any sim, by a long way!

Shame Kunos wont get in someone to help on the marketing and PR side!
Quote from legoflamb :I know they are not similar cars but the F1600 is the only car i can drive in the 1.0.3 demo.

I highly highly suggest trying out the v1.1 beta demo. There have been many improvements and driving experience is even better. They should make v1.1 the default download.

And I really don't understand the hang-up with the UI. In the beta its been simplified such that it takes literally 2 menu clicks to get onto the track. Really people... Its not hard. The menus in the garage could be rearranged a bit though, I agree.

Ps: I still think thread title should announce the arrival of 1.1.
I downloaded the beta but when I extract it it tells me there are some files missing or corrupt or something of the sort.

EDIT:

It was my DX9, it was not up to date.
Quote from SpikeyMarcoD :Its what seperates the Racers from the Ricers

You obviously don't know what word ricer means.

Isn't that a plastic bucket you put hard rice grain in and it comes out soft 10 minutes later?
Quote from Shadowww :I just took a look at nKPro, and it was kinda hard to get on track.

You must have the IQ of a 6 yearold downs syndrome sufferer, as the menu's are so easy, my GF can manage them.. even the setup menu she's clever enough to work with.

NetKar Pro [v1.3 released]
(2766 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG