The online racing simulator
LFS installer package test
(213 posts, closed, started )
Quote from Napalm Candy :I'm not sure that "Seleccione qué..." is correct, to me correct it is without accent "Seleccione que...". "Qué" is for answer or exclamations (I'm not sure is if an exception)

Well, I'm sure. "Qué" is written with a tilde when it's a pronoun (a "pronombre interrogativo" in this case), and that applies to both direct and indirect questions:
Direct question (pronoun): "¿Qué accesos directos desea?"
Indirect question (pronoun): "Seleccione qué accesos directos desea:"
Not a question (conjunction): "Seleccione los accesos directos que desee:"

This is not a linguistic forum nor the thread to discuss this, so let's end it here please.
Quote from Shotglass :theres several issues with the german translation mostly that its all over the place randomly switching between "du" and "sie" and often not capitalising it
i can run it again read everything properly and elaborate if youd like

I think that would be helpful if maybe you could take some screenshots and show where the problems are? Thanks.

Quote from Shotglass :wohoo and could you make it .zip again fro the hardcoreness of it all?

I guess not because zip is a much bigger file size than what 7zip can produce. And it has to be a self extracting exe because not that many people have 7zip installed.
Quote from Victor :I have attached a new test installer [...] with 20 translations.
[...]
-When the language selection box opens, is the right default language pre-selected for you? (and which one was that, in case there was one available for youor language)
-When selecting that language, does the text in the rest of the installer look good?
[...]
The language selector should just be for testing. It will be removed later on if it appears the auto-detection works properly.

Quote from Agreement :[...]por quaisquer danos pesoais ou materiais no seu computador que possam ocorrer durante o uso deste software.[...]

pessoais would be the correct term. "pesoais" is a typo.
And in the last part of the installer, I suggest it should be "Instalador" instead of "Assistente", but it doesn't matter so much, both are right. The only problem is the typo on the agreement.

I have Windows 7 Ultimate and I can easily change the system language at any time, so I tried changing it to all 5 languages I have currently installed, and the installer selected the correct language at all times. Great work

Edit:
Quote from Scawen :And it has to be a self extracting exe because not that many people have 7zip installed.

I for one don't.
Quote from Victor :When selecting that language, does the text in the rest of the installer look good?

Worked perfectly fine here on german Windows 7 64bit on a Mac (Bootcamp) (Install & Uninstall)

Quote from Shotglass :theres several issues with the german translation mostly that its all over the place randomly switching between "du" and "sie" and often not capitalising it
i can run it again read everything properly and elaborate if youd like

wohoo and could you make it .zip again fro the hardcoreness of it all?

I just had a quick look, but it seems that the LFS license agreement is fine. But on the same page the installer text telling me about the agreement and everything is using the formal "Sie" unlike the rest which is using "Du".
Quote from Napalm Candy :I'm not sure that "Seleccione qué..." is correct, to me correct it is without accent "Seleccione que...". "Qué" is for answer or exclamations (I'm not sure is if an exception)

It's correct...... ^^

Everything is ok, except when I choose to install, for example, only mpr and spr, and it installs everything... Did somebody comment it? I think yes, but anyway I say it...

About the new way to install LFS, I think it's a good idea, easier to install.

Greetings.
Will 'extras' have their own installer? By extras, I mean the Viewer at the moment (but maybe other external utilities in the future)?

I don't think it's difficult to install manually at all, but for the same reasons as an installer for LFS itself, future skinners might want the viewer package to have an installer.

What happens with updates? Assuming somebody installs LFS (with the new installer), and then chooses to update it by downloading and installing a newer version - i.e. without the auto updater - will the installer cope with two LFS installs, even though one is overwritten?

Okay, I'm not explaining myself well, but maybe you understand?

For the record, I'll use the installer myself. It's not that I can't do the manual way, or find it even at all difficult. But having things like start menu entries (and, in W7, a Games listing entry) done automatically is a more polished approach.
Quote from Velociround :pessoais would be the correct term. "pesoais" is a typo.
And in the last part of the installer, I suggest it should be "Instalador" instead of "Assistente", but it doesn't matter so much, both are right. The only problem is the typo on the agreement.

I already corrected a time ago. Guess Scawen not put the help translations all the time.

Assistente, Instalador, Programa ... qual a diferença né?
For the Bulgarian language its looks good with no errors and wrong texts
Quote from Scawen :I guess not because zip is a much bigger file size than what 7zip can produce. And it has to be a self extracting exe because not that many people have 7zip installed.

WinRAR can open 7zip archives, in fact most new archivers do.
Quote from MaKaKaZo :First screen:

"Este asistente te guiará a través de la instalación del Live for Speed.

Haz clic en Siguiente para continuar."

change to:

"Este asistente le guiará a través de la instalación de Live for Speed.

Haga clic en Siguiente para continuar."

This way it's more formal and in accordance with the rest of the text in the installer.

License agreement screen:

All the license agreement text inside the white frame is in informal speech and it should use formal speech as the rest of the instaler. This is the most important part. Also, it should use starting punctuation characters.

"Bienvenido a Live for Speed!

Para utilizar este programa, debes aceptar el siguiente texto :

- El Live for Speed está en continuo desarrollo. Podrán ser añadidas, modificadas o quitada algunas características en cualquier momento. Podrían ser añadidas algunas características que pueden estar incompletas, aunque funcionales, para mejorar la variedad y el contenido del simulador.

- Este programa no viene con ningún tipo de garantía.

- Instalar y utilizar este programa es bajo tu responsabilidad. Los desarrolladores de Live for Speed no tienen ningún tipo de responsabilidad de los daños personales o causados a tu ordenador que éste pueda causar durante su utilización.

- El contenido de la DEMO lo puede utilizar cualquiera, es totalmente gratis. El contenido BLOQUEADO es solo para usuarios con la correspondiente licencia. No debes intentar acceder al contenido bloqueado, o ayudar a otras personas a hacerlo, de ninguna otra manera que no sea adquiriendo una licencia y utilizando la ventana del juego destinada a desbloquearlo.

Gracias."

change to:

"¡Bienvenido a Live for Speed!

Para utilizar este programa, debe aceptar el siguiente texto:

- Live for Speed está en continuo desarrollo. Podrán ser añadidas, modificadas o eliminadas algunas características en cualquier momento. Podrían ser añadidas algunas características que pueden estar incompletas, aunque funcionales, para mejorar la variedad y el contenido del simulador.

- Este programa no viene con ningún tipo de garantía.

- Instalar y utilizar este programa es bajo su propia responsabilidad. Los desarrolladores de Live for Speed no tienen ningún tipo de responsabilidad de los daños personales o a su ordenador que éste pueda causar durante su utilización.

- El contenido de la DEMO lo puede utilizar cualquiera, es totalmente gratuito. El contenido BLOQUEADO es sólo para usuarios con la correspondiente licencia. No debe intentar acceder al contenido bloqueado, o ayudar a otras personas a hacerlo, de ninguna otra manera que no sea adquiriendo una licencia y utilizando la ventana del juego destinada a desbloquearlo.

Gracias."

Shortcuts and file associations screen:

"asociación de ficheros"
"Selecciona que ... quieres crear :"

change to:

"asociaciones de ficheros" (in three places)
"Seleccione qué ... desea crear:" (in three places)

Final screen:

"Haz clic aquí para crear una cuenta LFS si no tienes ninguna"

change to:

"Haga clic aquí para crear una cuenta LFS si no tiene ninguna"

I'll say that overall the translation is good, but some things make a product look more serious. It's important to use formal speech for this kind of translation, and even more important to not mix formal with informal. The rest of the fixes proposed are minor things. There are some sentences in the license agreement text that could be changed to sound better in formal speech, but I didn't want to go that far. I hope the translator is not offended by these suggestions.

I've made the changes. Sorry for the informal translation, but I did not check the Installer self translation, that was formal, and mine was informal. So they were mixed.

License agreement is the only text I've not formalized, so it shares the game text.

Thanks for your notes.

I've olso modified Catalan translation.
It installed no problems, but the uninstaller left both the LFS and the DATA folders.
Win 7 x64
One note about language selection removing.

I tested installation on my corporate laptop. It has English WinXP installed, and LFS is choosing English as an installation language. I set all the regional and language options in control panel to Polish, but it doesn't help.

During installation I can thankfully switch to Polish language, but uninstallation is running only in English.
Works ok in Italian, but I've noticed some mistakes with the translation.
For example:

"Per usare questo software, devi accettare le seguenti condizioni :"
should be
"Per usare questo software, deve accettare le seguenti condizioni:";

Then, in the paragraph that begins with "I contenuti DEMO...":

"Non devi cercare [...]"
should be
"Non deve cercare [...]"

Then, in the end, there's:

"Prego cliccare il pulsante verde "accetto" per continuare, o il pulsante rosso "esci" se non accetta."
which means
"Please click the green (?) button "Agree" to continue, or the red (?) button "Exit" if you don't agree."
and then should be
"Prego cliccare il pulsante "Accetto" per continuare o il pulsante "Annulla" per non accettare."

When you uninstall it, it says:

"Stai per rimuovere Live for Speed [...]"
and that should be
"Sta per rimuovere Live for Speed [...]"

And, finally:

"Puoi comunque decidere [...]. In questo caso potrai eliminarle [...]."
which should be
"Può comunque decidere [...]. In questo caso potrà eliminarle [...]."

Other than that, it works well!
Quote from yaper :One note about language selection removing.

I tested installation on my corporate laptop. It has English WinXP installed, and LFS is choosing English as an installation language. I set all the regional and language options in control panel to Polish, but it doesn't help.

During installation I can thankfully switch to Polish language, but uninstallation is running only in English.

hm odd. It should remember the installation language and use it during the uninstaller. Not sure why that didn't work for you.
I have installed it several times now with each of the included languages and it did remember the install language when it uninstalled.
As for it not deleting the LFS folder, I found it was because the DATA folder was open in the list view that caused it to not delete the folders.
If I just uninstalled it, then it did delete those folders.
I noticed few mistakes in Lithuanian translation during the install:

After choosing language
'Šis instaliacijos vedlys padės jums instaliuoti of Live For Speed' <- there shouldn't be 'of'.
'Spauskite Next jei norite tęsti' <- I think 'Next' should be translated to 'Toliau'.

After pressing Next
- Live for Speed yra pastoviai tobulinamas. Funkcijos gali būti pridedamos, keičiamos ar pašalinamos bet kada. Kai kurios veikiančios, bet neužbaigtos funkcijos gali būti įtrauktos norint prapėlsti simuliatoriaus įvairovę ir turinį.
<- should be 'praplėsti'.

After pressing 'I agree'
'Pasirinkite katalogą į kūri įdiegsite Live For Speed.' <- should be 'kurį'.

Hope I helped a bit.
P.S. Sorry for my bad English.
check the setup pre-language
Quote from Victor :I have attached a new test installer (that only contains two LFS files, so it doesn't install LFS fully) with 23 translations.

The (main) tests :
-When the language selection box opens, is the right default language pre-selected for you? (and which one was that, in case there was one available for youor language)
-When selecting that language, does the text in the rest of the installer look good?

You will not see all 23 translations in the language selector. That is because of limitations in the way NSIS uses codepages. You should however see all the language that your computer/NSIS can display correctly.
The language selector should just be for testing. It will be removed later on if it appears the auto-detection works properly.

EDIT - updated with some modifications

i saw the mail just few minutes ago.
so i confirmed about language part of setup installer. everything fine in Korean
but, i had missed one word translation 'next' -> '다음' in korean.
so i changed that in translator page at this time.
sorry for latest changing
Quote from Victor :hm odd. It should remember the installation language and use it during the uninstaller. Not sure why that didn't work for you.

Right now I tested the latest version, and unistaller is showing text in Polish.
Installed fine for me on Win7 32Bit

Perhaps, when this is fully implemented it would be a good idea to try and update Xfire to search in the default install location, as whenever i've installed LFS i've had to manually fetch the .exe to get Xfire to recognise it
Quote from crazed dodgem :Installed fine for me on Win7 32Bit

Perhaps, when this is fully implemented it would be a good idea to try and update Xfire to search in the default install location, as whenever i've installed LFS i've had to manually fetch the .exe to get Xfire to recognise it

Xfire could look up the LFS install location in the registry under HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software/Live for Speed/
Quote from Victor :Xfire could look up the LFS install location in the registry under HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software/Live for Speed/

well in the c:/Games is the defailt dir. for it so i dont see why it needs to be changed
Quote from freddyalek90 :Works ok in Italian, but I've noticed some mistakes with the translation.
For example:

"Per usare questo software, devi accettare le seguenti condizioni :"
should be
"Per usare questo software, deve accettare le seguenti condizioni:"....

C'mon...You're not talking to your 80years old Aunt anyway!!
Are you sure it should really sound that formal??

Otherwise Devs should also change the installer splash screen text, where it reads:

"Questo programma ti guiderà durante il processo di installazione..."
into
"Questo programma la guiderà durante il processo di installazione..."

Edit1: for non-italians the difference spotted by freddyalek is between the "friendly" you and the "polite" you (singular).
The former is found in unformal speech, or directed to friends, relatives, buddies, whatever. The latter is a kind of respect you show towards unknown people, elder people, Not-LFSers in general...

Edit2: OTOH, on the License Agreement page, I'd change:

- Alcuni altri funzionali ma non completi possono essere inclusi in modo da variegare il contenuto del simulatore
INTO
- Alcuni altri, funzionali ma non completi, possono essere inclusi in modo da variare il contenuto del simulatore

- Installi e usi questo software a proprio rischio.
INTO
- Installa e usa questo software a tuo proprio rischio.

- Non devi cercare di guadagnare l'accesso ai contenuti bloccati, o aiutare qualcun altro a fare ciò, se non comprando una licenza e usando la schermata di sblocco all'interno del gioco.
INTO
- Non devi cercare di accedere ai contenuti bloccati, o aiutare qualcun altro a fare ciò, se non comprando una licenza e usando la schermata di sblocco all'interno del gioco.
Ho riguardato il testo della licenza e l'ho messo apposto...

Quote from freddyalek90 :
Then, in the end, there's:

"Prego cliccare il pulsante verde "accetto" per continuare, o il pulsante rosso "esci" se non accetta."
which means
"Please click the green (?) button "Agree" to continue, or the red (?) button "Exit" if you don't agree."
and then should be
"Prego cliccare il pulsante "Accetto" per continuare o il pulsante "Annulla" per non accettare."

Questa parte però non la trovo proprio, devo essere scemo stasera O_o
This thread is closed

LFS installer package test
(213 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG