The online racing simulator
Quote from lukelfs :My £17.99 Logitech DriveFX arrived just now,

First Impressions - Better than I expected, wheel feels tiny since im used to using a G25, pedals were super weak, abit of foam fixed that , I need to get used to it first, but its great for the price and works great with Forza 3, the wheels 'Fake' FFB feels fine, it feels like a DFP minus the 900 rotation

Will post a more in-depth review after ive used it more

Does the g25 pedals work with it? probably not.. but do they?
Quote from Smurfen :Does the g25 pedals work with it? probably not.. but do they?

They have diffrent connections, but DFP are the same as the DriveFX, though they dont work

Edit- Just online with Spankymeyer,

Racing in R1's its hard to keep the car in a straight line, not sure how to fix that? :S

Edit2- Some Deadzone Inside fixed it, but its not perfect..

Edit3- Ok, its better now, but i need to get used to the wheel, feels abit funny atm.. but its still fun to play with
Make sure you read the thread first.

I'm pretty sure your G25 pedals won't work on a PC after all the modifications, and the clutch pedal won't work.
Quote from Nathan_French_14 :Make sure you read the thread first.

I'm pretty sure your G25 pedals won't work on a PC after all the modifications, and the clutch pedal won't work.

mm, I thought it was just an adapter that conects to the G25 pedals, and into the offical xbox wheel?

As they look like this?

So the G25 pedals will connect with the right side, and the left I would have to change for this wheel? once i find some pics of the pin out
Doriftoo time. First try with photomode.

What is with the road and rock textures in the first couple pictures... that looks like someone puked, took a photo of it and used it as a texture. Utterly brutal.
Someone said that the pinout of the DriveFX is the same as DFP??

Im not really sure of that as if u plug DFP pedals in, it doesnt work

How can I find the pinouts for this wheel?

Dw, hopefully will get a adapter working , then the wheel will be pefect
love forza 3, love it love it love it.
and i love that little 2gb usb stick
Just finished Season 4, got to driver level 43 and won this beast. Such a nice car to drive and looks the part too.

These last 2 seasons are going to drag on a bit now I think. Season 4 took long enough.
Been enjoying Forza 3 quite a lot despite the 300 € price.

Though now the shop has the LCE in stock. /ffs facepalm

Couple of shots.

Attached images
m3.jpg
2wheelz.jpg
Nice shadows and reflections...

not
These are all basically bullshots Is there some way that you capture an actual gameplay picture? Cockpit in that Zonda F Nurburgring video really does look pretty lame..

sorry guys, i need it, haven't bashed it for a long time
Quote from beefyman666 :I've not watched the replay yet. Did you give the Yaris the MR2 engine and make it rear wheel drive?

I had a little idea for a paintjob for that. Based on the Aygo Crazy, I was gonna call the Yaris the 'YarIts Crazy' using a similar paintjob to the Aygo. Just a shame we can't move the engine to the back in the Yaris.

Luke.S, I gifted you the Focus paintjob earlier, hope you like it. I've had a few people buy it already.

its sweet thanks for sending it mate.
Couple of quick questions.

I have bought the Limited Edition (aka the LCE) one, and it is currently at home ready for me go back home up north. I've heard that to activate all the LCE stuff and the extra DLC, you enter some codes. I already know that these codes can only be used on one gamertag, but is there an expiry date on them? The last thing i would wan't to happen is for me to get back home (which won't be until a month or so) and then have the codes not work.

Also, a similiar scenario. I'm going to buy the LCE FM3 for my cousin too, as he has gotten a 360 a few weeks back. I will most likely do this next monday. If i buy one from somewhere like GAME (they still have some available online, so should still have some by next week i hope), then will it still come with all the codes and whatnot. These codes are not just pre-order stuff, no? Am i right in thinking that when i buy him it, then it will be the same as mine, but without the pre-order cars and paintjobs, right?

Thanks for any help.
Quote from Nathan_French_14 :Couple of quick questions.

I have bought the Limited Edition (aka the LCE) one, and it is currently at home ready for me go back home up north. I've heard that to activate all the LCE stuff and the extra DLC, you enter some codes. I already know that these codes can only be used on one gamertag, but is there an expiry date on them? The last thing i would wan't to happen is for me to get back home (which won't be until a month or so) and then have the codes not work.

Also, a similiar scenario. I'm going to buy the LCE FM3 for my cousin too, as he has gotten a 360 a few weeks back. I will most likely do this next monday. If i buy one from somewhere like GAME (they still have some available online, so should still have some by next week i hope), then will it still come with all the codes and whatnot. These codes are not just pre-order stuff, no? Am i right in thinking that when i buy him it, then it will be the same as mine, but without the pre-order cars and paintjobs, right?

Thanks for any help.

Can't see any expiry dates on the voucher things.

Correct.

You're missing out big time, such bad timing for you to have to go down south west.
guys, check my storefront as i have put a close finish replay up there.
it was only my second race too
Quote from danowat :Graphically, GT5 is better, no bones about it.

GT5 isn't out yet, so I can only compare to GT5p, physics, sounds and customization blow GT5p out of the water by a big margin.

I have both a PS3 and a 360 so I'm no fanboy. But are you using a *gasp* controller to play Forza 3. I prefer GT5:P because I just plug in my DFP and play.

What wheel can I buy to play Forza that's as good as the trusty DFP? (Please don't say that ultra expensive Fanatec wheel is the only option)
Quote from somasleep :I have both a PS3 and a 360 so I'm no fanboy. But are you using a *gasp* controller to play Forza 3.

Yes he is And they have awesome powers of judging the physics with controller ..
Quote from Boris Lozac :Yes he is And they have awesome powers of judging the physics with controller ..

Driving wise I found fm2 with just a pad already better than gt5p+dfgt mix. Although wheel support is horrible in fm2, the implementation that is - makes it feel worse than a pad. But they have done very good job with wheel implementation in f3 and even msff it's a great experience. And yes, I will take msff+f3 anyday over gt5p+dfgt (or gt5p+g25, since I can't imagine a better wheel magically fixing physics bugs).
Quote from kamkorPL :Driving wise I found fm2 with just a pad already better than gt5p+dfgt mix. Although wheel support is horrible in fm2, the implementation that is - makes it feel worse than a pad. But they have done very good job with wheel implementation in f3 and even msff it's a great experience. And yes, I will take msff+f3 anyday over gt5p+dfgt (or gt5p+g25, since I can't imagine a better wheel magically fixing physics bugs).

So you own(ed) GT5P + DFP/G25 and Forza 3 + MS Wheel ?

I'm considering buying the MS Wireless wheel + Forza 3 combo for $199. But I really HATE rewarding M$ for not supporting Logitech wheels to sell their junk wheels.

But Foza is very tempting.
No I went to a friend and tested gt5p. Wanted to bring my g25, but he bought dfgt just for it, so I didn't. I only own msff + fm3.

Don't expect a logitech quality out of msff wheel, but it's still good experience. The only big complaint I have is when the ffb feels "clicky" during sudden forces changes (for example during a slalom). And ofcourse 270 degrees, but I got used to it already.

Btw, 199$ for that combo? USD? You sure you can't get a better deal in US? I've heard that msff can be bought cheaply there. Maybe it would be better idea to buy forza 3 and wheel seperately.
Quote from kamkorPL :No I went to a friend and tested gt5p. Wanted to bring my g25, but he bought dfgt just for it, so I didn't. I only own msff + fm3.

Don't expect a logitech quality out of msff wheel, but it's still good experience. The only big complaint I have is when the ffb feels "clicky" during sudden forces changes (for example during a slalom). And ofcourse 270 degrees, but I got used to it already.

Btw, 199$ for that combo? USD? You sure you can't get a better deal in US? I've heard that msff can be bought cheaply there. Maybe it would be better idea to buy forza 3 and wheel seperately.

You're right I could get them for about $150 separately. But I didn't realize that MS wheel was only 270. That's like my old MOMO which sucked compared to my DFP.

I'll just wait for GT5 in March. For now Dirt 2 on PS3 and Shift (real mod 2.0) on PC will keep me busy.

Forza Motorsports 3
(3388 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG