The online racing simulator
Test Patch Z19 (online compatible)
(175 posts, closed, started )
#26 - Dmt
Having also annoying bug.. cant click buttons normally, have to click many times in different places for one button so it could work..
#27 - e.M
Quote from majod :i have a strange problem with mouse position in lfs window...
for example in offline game, after track select, in bottom right when i click to change weather - it changes lap count!! clicking on lap count doesnt work..
when i want to click on "garage" - i have to click a few pixels under the button....
pointing the cursor to the bottom of screen, cursor changes to "resize cursor"

switching to window mode solves the problem (shift f4)

using windows 7 + ati

have the same problem and i also then in full screen somehow managed to drag the lfs window
Quote from Dmt :Having also annoying bug.. cant click buttons normally, have to click many times in different places for one button so it could work..

yep, because of the window.
but for me yes, since patch Z19, after i switched to window mode and then closed lfs...
everytime i run it it starts in window mode, but when i want to switch back to full screen, only black screen and then all applications flicker...including cursor, start button (or whatever its called in 7)
Each time when starting LFS (just in full screen) you have the possibility to resize the screen. (if your going to the edges with your mouse) If you click it minimizes LFS to desktop...

After switching to the window mode (Shift+F4) and back again it's ok an back to normal. But with starting LFS again the same thing happens...

-edit: more people with same problem. (using final W7 32bit here)

-edit 2: sometimes I'm not able to click the menu buttons, or selecting a setup. Not sure when this happends... Also the alligment of the buttons seems a few mm off.(about 1cm) For example: when I try to select a setup, it selects the one above it.
LFS doesn't seem to remember windowed resolutions correctly. It's always fixed to the same size regardless of resolution selected. Applies to all resolutions, shift-f4 does not fix the issue. Persist through restart of LFS, running all test patches from same folder.
Attached images
lfs-windowed-resolution-z16.jpg
lfs-windowed-resolution-z19.jpg
Quote from Scawen :Please can you give some more info?

Were you in game at the time, or typing a message?

Do you mean, SHIFT+S like, spectate?

Which version of Windows were you using?

everything i did since Z19:

run LFS, noticed the strange GUI bug, presse shift+S (to window mode), GUI was OK.
closed LFS, run LFS again in window mode...then pressed shift+S to fullscreen mode - bang...black screen, lfs minimizes and everyting is wrong.

windows 7 32bit + ati 4870

it happens alwys, either in menu or during gameplay, only in window mode lfs is running OK
-
(Taavi(EST)) DELETED by Taavi(EST)
Heres the Picture Story for the Master Server Connection problem.
Attached images
Step 1.JPG
Step 2.JPG
Step 3.JPG
Step 4.JPG
Step 5.JPG
Im not experiencing the flickering on shift+s neither the change of the button's position.
I upgraded from z18 and im running Vista 64 Business.
wow, the cars are starting to look like real cars from inside now
shifted gui here too
win 7 x64
XP 32 bit, Z19
While fullscreen going alt+tab and return to LFS i cant click buttons:
Here is screen with red dot where i had to click to get what i wanted.
http://img194.imageshack.us/img194/4167/screendz.png

Problem doesnt exist until i alt+tab, after restart all works fine till another alt+tab.

Going to the top left corner and click LFS minimize, after return to LFS i have resize window icon while having cursor on the edges, when i try to change size (while full screen) nothing happen, but after shift+f4 (go to window) the window is smaller (just as small as i wanted to change it while fullscreen.

Cheers.

Forgot to add, problem didnt exist in Z18 and earlier
Same here with the UI when loading lfs into fullscreen.

Clickable areas seem to be misaligned about 4px right, 16px down.

Vista x64

ed: 1440x900 if that makes any difference
Quote from Scawen :Please can you give some more info?

Were you in game at the time, or typing a message?

Do you mean, SHIFT+S like, spectate?

Which version of Windows were you using?

Just had the same problem... WIndows crashed and whole screen flickers. But not with Shift-s, I switched to Windowed mode, then tried to connect to a Z19 host. In the meantime I switched back to my browser, when I pressed LFS again is happened. I'll try to reproduce it.
Nice,i hated that LX4 spare tyre bug

And now it´s gone!
#41 - Dmt
W7 x64 also here, forgot to mention.
Quote from Simpson :XP 32 bit, Z19
While fullscreen going alt+tab and return to LFS i cant click buttons:
Here is screen with red dot where i had to click to get what i wanted.
http://img194.imageshack.us/img194/4167/screendz.png

Problem doesnt exist until i alt+tab, after restart all works fine till another alt+tab.

Going to the top left corner and click LFS minimize, after return to LFS i have resize window icon while having cursor on the edges, when i try to change size (while full screen) nothing happen, but after shift+f4 (go to window) the window is smaller (just as small as i wanted to change it while fullscreen.

Cheers.

Quote from Degats :Same here with the UI when loading lfs into fullscreen.

Clickable areas seem to be misaligned about 4px right, 16px down.

Vista x64

ed: 1440x900 if that makes any difference

Same here, But its a very very easy fix...
You need too re-set the screen resolution, after that its correct again for më
Quote from Scawen :FIX : LX4 number plate no longer intersects with spare tyre

Unfortunately a (small) new problem has occured

I assume also than in shift + u mode the dashboard controls and other gauges are not mean to be shown?
Attached images
lx4-driver-bug.jpg
Same UI problem here, i need to click beyond a button to click on it, but after windowing and restoring it works correctly.

Win7 32bit
Why does the spare tyre still intersect with the plate for me?
Thanks, downloading. I love your fast work lately.
When I start LFS fullscreened (I am using SoftTH). The cursor shows the busy signal, except the animation is stuck and I can see the icons on the taskbar flicker when I hover over them on the bottom of the screen and if I click near the bottom (over the taskbar) LFS minimizes. I can click buttons in LFS fine. Minimizing LFS and going back fixes this.

Windows 7 x64.
Nice work on the dashboard lights. Out of interest, there is what appears to be a trip computer on the RAC. Is there any way of resetting this or is it purely to look nice at this stage?

It's not really important but I was just wondering.
Quote from majod :its fine for me...perhaps you havent updated to Z19 correctly?

You are right,windows didn't overwrite the folders
BTW,im now experiencing the same problems as the others,i start lfs in fullscreen and the buttons position appear to have been shifted.
This thread is closed

Test Patch Z19 (online compatible)
(175 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG