The online racing simulator
There's plenty of weight transfer visible in other videos. I can't watch this one so I've no idea what's in it.

But race-spec cars have stiffer suspension so won't have as much visible movement. And comparing it to a niche PC sim is a waste of time, effort and bandwidth. Forza is mass-market.
almost all games look arcade with a chase cam, that's just how it is.
Quote from Dajmin :There's plenty of weight transfer visible in other videos. I can't watch this one so I've no idea what's in it.

But race-spec cars have stiffer suspension so won't have as much visible movement. And comparing it to a niche PC sim is a waste of time, effort and bandwidth. Forza is mass-market.

I don't care, good is good, poor is poor, crap is crap. I shouldn't compare something to something else because it's better?

From that video it's as if the replay simply saves steering angle and car positioning, maybe they are just super-stiffly sprung but whatever the case may be it looks rubbish to be honest, the movement of the cars looks natural about 33% of the time, tops.
You shouldn't compare them because a mass-market product is always going to have shortcuts or assists that a hardcore niche product doesn't have to. Console gamers typically use a joypad, so having complete 1:1 100% accurate physics running at 1000Hz modelling each and every part of the suspension and engine is pointless because they won't feel it. Whereas on a PC, anyone who buys a product like that will already have the relevant equipment to get the best experience out of it.

A replay is also not a great way to judge something. LFS multiplayer replays can hope about all over the place, so you could argue that you shouldn't play that because you don't want to be in a race with cars randomly disappearing. When it comes right down to it, it doesn't happen enough when you're playing to make the difference.
Likewise, external views of missing body roll are not a great way to judge an experience which is, and always will be, totally different when you're in the driving seat.
Quote from sinbad :I don't care, good is good, poor is poor, crap is crap. I shouldn't compare something to something else because it's better?

From that video it's as if the replay simply saves steering angle and car positioning, maybe they are just super-stiffly sprung but whatever the case may be it looks rubbish to be honest, the movement of the cars looks natural about 33% of the time, tops.

I am fairly sure it wasn't a replay, but a capture from a spectator in an online session.
All I'm saying is that <this> video/replay looks terrible, I've made no assumptions or generalisations about the rest of the game. Funny that we're "not allowed" to compare ANY ELEMENT of 2 car games with one another though, just because the platforms are different. My mistake. Graphics are nicer in GT5 than in LFS "NOOOOO YOU CANNOT SAY THAT, THEY ARE ON DIFFERENT FORMAT! YOU'RE WRONG TO COMPARE THINGS WHICH ARE SUPPOSED TO BE LIKE THE THINGS THEY ARE SUPPOSED TO BE LIKE!!"
But I could easily point to a rigid suspension setup in LFS and complain that it had a total lack of bodyroll and that the physics were crap - wouldn't make it true
Quote from Dajmin :But I could easily point to a rigid suspension setup in LFS and complain that it had a total lack of bodyroll and that the physics were crap - wouldn't make it true

It's not just the suspension. There's very little convincing about that video.
I'd still rather have "fun to play" than "totally realistic". Hell, CoD4 and Halo 3 are about as far from realistic as you can get, but still make up some of the most played online console games ever.

Butwhat happened? It WAS about the physics, now you sound like you've lost your direction.
Quote from Dajmin :I'd still rather have "fun to play" than "totally realistic". Hell, CoD4 and Halo 3 are about as far from realistic as you can get, but still make up some of the most played online console games ever.

Butwhat happened? It WAS about the physics, now you sound like you've lost your direction.

This isn't a "I want 10000% realism" argument, but if something claims to be realistic it should look that way too no?

I suppose it was always about the physics, but physics isn't purely suspension, if a car shifts in an odd way it's because the game physics have allowed it to happen. The cars move and yaw unnaturally (in that video), which suggests that their position is not so much being calculated based on the inputs which were made by the driver. Yes, they also do not appear to move properly on the suspension either, which may or may not be partly due to my first point being true, but I have certainly not lost my way with my opinion.

And I reiterate, I have never said "Forza 3 is crap because this video looks ridiculous". But the video does look a bit ridiculous, and I know full well that it is "just a replay", but (for whatever reason) it looks rubbish.
Wow, whats with all the stress guys?
Quote from danowat :Wow, whats with all the stress guys?

No stress, but when told I should not have an opinion I tend to respond. Edit: Or rather, that my opinion is baseless.
Oh man, I Cant wait to get it.

Blank Discs come tommorow, WOOP.
just thoguth is point out that the tuning hasnt changed musch maiy just different colours in background of the tuning screens its just a bit more accespible as it says on the menu before you start a race tune car, start race and some other stuff but the m5 is a great car really fun at going sideways pretty fun tryign to drift a range rover too
Quote from brt900 :just thoguth is point out that the tuning hasnt changed musch maiy just different colours in background of the tuning screens its just a bit more accespible as it says on the menu before you start a race tune car, start race and some other stuff but the m5 is a great car really fun at going sideways pretty fun tryign to drift a range rover too

Give me your 500 bhp fiesta tommorow
Quote from Jordan2007 :Give me your 500 bhp fiesta tommorow

screw you its nearly r3 class and it will have about 700 - 800bhp tomorrow it has a rs200 engine in and its awd
-
(mutt107) DELETED by franky500 : Piracy Talk. Please keep it down. These things are illegal you know.
-
(beefyman666) DELETED by franky500 : Piracy Talk. Please keep it down. These things are illegal you know.
-
(brt900) DELETED by franky500 : Piracy Talk. Please keep it down. These things are illegal you know.
-
(brt900) DELETED by franky500 : Piracy Talk. Please keep it down. These things are illegal you know.
-
(DevilDare) DELETED by franky500 : Piracy Talk. Please keep it down. These things are illegal you know.
-
(jibber) DELETED by franky500 : Piracy Talk. Please keep it down. These things are illegal you know.
-
(mutt107) DELETED by franky500 : Piracy Talk. Please keep it down. These things are illegal you know.
-
(Greboth) DELETED by franky500 : Piracy Talk. Please keep it down. These things are illegal you know.
Seems like adjustable FOV is confirmed! Hoorah! Finally means we will be able to see some of the interior now.

Discussion HERE.
Quote from Nathan_French_14 :Seems like adjustable FOV is confirmed! Hoorah! Finally means we will be able to see some of the interior now.

Discussion HERE.

Pretty good news that.
Quote from beefyman666 :Pretty good news that.

now i will use cockpit cause i can actually use the mirrors now
Apparently, your able to adjust the FOV in FM2 as well. I've never tried as i'm happy with the standard FOV, but atleast it's nice to know.
-
(obsolum) DELETED by franky500 : Piracy Talk. Please keep it down. These things are illegal you know.
-
(danowat) DELETED by franky500 : Piracy Talk. Please keep it down. These things are illegal you know.
add me lolitszeek

Quote from Greboth :Much easier to read

Anyway, I assume when you say the tuning hasn't changed much that is using the auto tune feature. As Turn 10 and reviewers etc have said there is alot more depth to the tuning now.

First off, i don't really think anyone ought to base their expectation on the "reviews" by brt900.

And I'm certain that Turn10 knows a bit more about the tuning part, hence the comments of it being more sophisticated. I'm just suspecting that brt900 does not know a thing about tuning. >_>
Quote from danowat :Funny how piracy has become acceptable.

I always found it funny that on lfsforum people who were playing lfs ilegally were consirered super bad, but for some reason stealing and writing about stealing other media than lfs, is commonly accepted and normal.
Me too mate, me too.

The SHIFT thread was shocking.
I know I'm pretty excited about getting my copy, but I'm not that impatient that I won't survive another week without it. Particularly when I'd run the risk of a global console ban.

You 360 hackers know it's not profile-specific, right? They ban the entire box from Live.

Forza Motorsports 3
(3388 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG