The online racing simulator
Test Patch Z18 (online compatible)
(255 posts, closed, started )
Quote from hazaky :Agree'd. But im not sure if its the same what i mean.

If i have default Z and i download then i miss the Z1 to Z17 or all the new updates are included in the latest test patch?

Yes, all are included.

You can see this by the patch name, because it is Z_TO_Z18 - that means you do not need any previous patches. And that is why it says "Version Z must already be installed".

If it was that you needed Z17 already installed then the patch name would have been Z17_TO_Z18 and the warning message would say that "Z17 must already be installed".
The shift U viewed car flicker bug in Z18 dissapears when increasing minimum sleep from 1 past 8 or 9 ms not sure if that helps or not

SD.
Quote from AndroidXP :Z18 includes everything from Z1-Z17.

I really hope nobody actually downloads & installs Z1 to (Zn-1) prior to upgrading to Zn

We find really odd things in the download log.

People trying to download patches that do not yet exist or will never exist, trying all sorts of filenames to try and download patch Z43 or whatever.

I don't know why they do... if any patch is released, there will be a post here about it within 1 minute.
Hi guys
good job, good job

I will Thank the Devs AND! the coumunity
u want to kow why ?

Without the Devs AND the coumunity LFS wouldnt be so poppular and so Sucessful over 5 Years

an thx to the couminity without you lfs would have not the standart what it actualy have ....
you guys have helped the devs alot to find bugs issuses ect

I would Thank you all guys

Have a Nice day

Greez from Germany
Heiko
-
(Marco1) DELETED by Marco1
Connection list bug
Hey guys ive found a bug on an Z18 server:

it seems to be only on client users on server

With adminpassword: Left Pic

Without adminpassword: Right Pic
Attached images
lfs_00000304.JPG
lfs_00000305.JPG
Quote from SparkyDave :The shift U viewed car flicker bug in Z18 dissapears when increasing minimum sleep from 1 past 8 or 9 ms not sure if that helps or not

SD.

That is because increasing minimum sleep limits the framerate. If you "do nothing" for 10ms each frame then the maximum achievable framerate would be 100. In combination with actual physics calculations and rendering, setting it to ~8ms will already suffice to limit the fps to < 100, and as we all know the bug only happens when the fps is > 100.

The whole point of minimum sleep is btw really to do nothing. This means that LFS doesn't use 100% CPU and other programs can catch up with whatever they need to do. I think it was first introduced when on some systems even the window message queue was blocked due to LFS using up all CPU and wheel / HID inputs were delayed or something similar.
Quote from Scawen :We find really odd things in the download log.

People trying to download patches that do not yet exist or will never exist, trying all sorts of filenames to try and download patch Z43 or whatever.

I don't know why they do... if any patch is released, there will be a post here about it within 1 minute.

Maybe they think they'll find a secretly uploaded S3 beta that way
Great job scawen
Quote from Scawen :We find really odd things in the download log.

Fishing for closed beta patches with Sciroccos and Rockinghams I suppose. I'm not admitting anything though

Ontopic:
Car flickers in shift-u when Follow Car is enabled, with around 250 FPS.
Quote from NotAnIllusion :Fishing for closed beta patches with Sciroccos and Rockinghams I suppose. I'm not admitting anything though

Ontopic:
Car flickers in shift-u when Follow Car is enabled.

I think its what u said excactly
I'm here

Meh, i migth not be that lucky (Lucky to be chosen, not that I hAS WVSV SCICCOCO, U all r n00b)
When am in Shift + U mode and following a car. The car is very jumpy. Am getting 150 FPS but the car is still just jumpy. Its not from lag. Is it juts me that is having this problem?
Great stuff Scawen! Thanx for including the screen angle and fov update in this patch. I'm going to test it right away and will let u know if I find something strange.
Quote from Heiko1 :Hey guys ive found a bug on an Z18 server:

That's supposed to be like that, it's not a bug. Hosts are with white bg and quests with black bg.
Quote from Quint999 :Edit Sorry
** scratch that , Eyefinity working ok, damm beta ATI drivers.

Just wondering... how many screens are you using with your Eyefinity? I'd be very interested to see a picture of a setup with more than 3 monitors.

Quote from Heiko1 :Hey guys ive found a bug on an Z18 server:

The host and admins are shown in a lighter colour. But you only know who the other admins are if you are an admin yourself, so that seems to be as intended. This is better than the old version which showed the admins as yellow text but that was overwritten by any colour in names.

Quote from NotAnIllusion :Fishing for closed beta patches with Sciroccos and Rockinghams I suppose. I'm not admitting anything though

If any fishermen are reading, I'll just let you know that any closed beta tests are stored in a completely different location with an impossible to guess URL and the downloads are also protected by passwords, so you will never find a Scirocco or Rockingham by making up test patch names with high numbers.

Quote from 1993weeman :When am in Shift + U mode and following a car. The car is very jumpy. Am getting 150 FPS but the car is still just jumpy. Its not from lag. Is it juts me that is having this problem?

It is not just you, there are quite a few reports about this and it is now listed in the Z18 known issues.
might you dont unterstood me... mh

in patch Z17 it was : (as non Admin)
Vote (Yes)
Black: Connections (Conn.Num)
White: Phil Collins | Kick | Ban | SS | W |
White: Other name | Kick | Ban | SS | W |

Vote (No)
White: Phil Collins | | SS | W |
White: Other name | | SS | W |

Now in patch Z18 it is: (as non Admin)

Vote (Yes)
Black: Phil Collins | Kick | Ban | SS | W |
Black: Other name | Kick | Ban | SS | W |

Vote (No)
Black: Phil Collins |the with is larger| SS | W |
Black: Other name |the with is larger| SS | W |

Okey Edit: with the button collor its now all ok but the with of the [Kick/Ban] button is larger as before when you do: /vote=no
in Z-Z17 and on Z18..
mh ..

Regards Heiko1
Heiko1: screenshots would be better I think.
Quote from Scawen : It is not just you, there are quite a few reports about this and it is now listed in the Z18 known issues.

ok thats fine. Thanks for the patch aswell
Marco alias Heiko1 habe u read the whole post from Scawen ?
xD i dont think so its a new add ...

@ Scawen maybe u have forgott to name that in the Fix/Update list ?
Screen resolution
Hi,

I'd like to report a small bug. My screen has a resolution of 1920x1080
So I have set the resolution of LFS to 1920x1080 / 60Hz.
When I run LFS Z18 in full screen, everything went fine.
But when I put it into windowed mode, I will get black stokes at the left and right side of the screen.

The problem with the strokes will occur when: starting LFS, in the menu and when spectating in an online host.
When you join the race, the screen is back to normal.

I included a screenshot to make it more clear.

Regards,

Tim - Sinsanity Team Manager

by the way; I think it would be really cool if LFS dedicated host gets a server option to allow only [default] setup of a certain car.
Then it will be possible to race with each other on skills, and not on the quallity of your setup.
Attached images
black_strokes_cameramode.jpg
^^ maybe you are looking for this

Quote from Scawen :Option to force external views to use full width

Has anyone been able to get LFS working in Dual monitor setup with NVidia card in Windows 7 or Vista?

As far as I know, these OS's do not support span mode at all. After some research, I read somewhere that the only way to achieve this is if the game itself provides the multi monitor setup.

I would love to be able to use dual monitor, especially with this new patch, but cannot for the life of me get LFS to register the extra resolution settings of the 2nd monitor, unless I am missing something?

lagmeter now touch the inferace... i think before z18 patch it didnt happen

yeah, i think this wasnt happening before:
http://i37.tinypic.com/rw051e.jpg
Down left
*Ignore*
i have seen a lil texurebug on the rearlights
i dont know if it is a bug
Attached images
Rearlighttexturebug.jpg
Thanks for this.

Just wondering what LFS Developers' priorities are right now.
Rockingham and new tyre physics - OK.
But if you ask me, vehicle detail (and therefore better damage systems - parts of car falling off etc.), weather & day/night, and overall graphics improvements. Just thought id' say it here.
This thread is closed

Test Patch Z18 (online compatible)
(255 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG