› WS.C • ²his : JOOS - SET WHL
Then reconnect =
You know what?
then
and again, and again, annnnnnd AGAIN!

Dossent work Online
Quote from Luke.S :i'm having the same problem.

› WS.C • Luke : JOOS - SET WHL

i will try a fresh lfs install

Quote from son-of-satan :Same here :S Same error aswell..

What are the allowed cars on the server you are trying to join? If there is a problem with some cars we'll need to know about it.

And also please check that you can use Z15 exe to join successfully.
Light Bug
  1. Turn lights on pressing three
  2. Drive
  3. Brake
  4. Rear lights turn off, after stopping braking, front lights stay on
Quote from Wilko868 :I am having a MAJOR fps hit with this. Usually running 100fps without fail, and i'm down to 25/20fps on a race start. Running Vista, Quad Core, 4GB RAM, so not a bad system really

Are you using a single screen or 3 screen setup?

Single screen frame rate should not be affected, except that the FOV setting goes to default.

Also it is really worth comparing with Z15. I'd suggest saving a MPR where you get a bad frame rate, then watch that MPR in Z16 and Z15 to compare the frame rates in exactly the same situation (probably paused).

Then if there is a significant difference, please post the MPR so I can do the same test.
Quote from Krammeh :
  1. Turn lights on pressing three
  2. Drive
  3. Brake
  4. Rear lights turn off, after stopping braking, front lights stay on

We really need to know which car you are using, so we can try to reproduce the bug.
it's working now Scawen.

must have just been LFS being stupid. Oh and incase it happens again it was all cars except the FOX, FBM, F08 and BF1
Thank you for the updates Scawen

One question: does the game support frequencies over 60Hz with 1440x900 resolution?

Thanks in advance.
I can't seem to get the multiple monitor thing to work. Nothing happens apart from the view not being centered. Is it impossible with 2 screens attached to the same gfx card or am I doing something wrong?

edit: also noticed the TC icon has changed, but that might just be me, not keeping up
Quote from Senninha25 :Thank you for the updates Scawen

One question: does the game support frequencies over 60Hz with 1440x900 resolution?

Thanks in advance.

LFS has no special refresh rate restrictions. It should support all modes that Direct3D says it can support. LFS just gets a list of available modes from D3D at startup and all these are displayed in the Screen Options.
Quote from CasseBent :I can't seem to get the multiple monitor thing to work. Nothing happens apart from the view not being centered. Is it impossible with 2 screens attached to the same gfx card or am I doing something wrong?

You need to make sure that you can see the full screen resolution available in the Screen Options.

For example if your monitors were both 1024x768 then you must make sure that you can see a mode "2048x768" in Screen Options.

If you can't see it then you must exit LFS and run your graphics card software and there may be settings in there that need to be switched on.

After that, when LFS does run full screen using both screens, you can then set 0 screens on one side and 1 on the other.
Found the source of my lags - McAfee is doing a scan.

Just saved a replay where the FPS lagged, played fine in Z, then played it again in Z16 and was fine
what would happen if i ran lfs using one 1920x1200 24" screen and one 1280×768 17" screen?
Only thing i gotta say is:
I need to enable horizontal span I assume, I'll try that, thanks

edit. ok, that wont be an option, but I'll fiddle a bit and hope for the best. My monitors are uneven too, a 24" and a 19"
Quote from Luke.S :what would happen if i ran lfs using one 1920x1200 24" screen and one 1280×768 17" screen?

That's fine if you can select a full screen resolution in Screen Options that includes both screens (may need to set something in your graphics card software).

Then in LFS, after you have selected that mode in Screen Options, go to View Options and set "Screen widths" to "unequal" and enter the main and side screen widths, so it knows where to divide the view. Of course you need to set 1 left screen and 0 right screens (or 1 right and 0 left).
Seems to have a big FPS drop. Made sure it's only 1 center screen, as the right and left ones stand on "0" as deffault.

Nvidia Gforce 8800GTX
2GB DDR2 Ram 1333 HZ (aprox, don't remember)
Some.. uhm Npro (?) main card I think
Intel Dual Core 6850E
Windows XP

The FPS is halfed since Z15 for me.
Did I do something wrong in the options or what? Notice the black bars on sides. This is only while NOT driving. Sorry if you said this somewhere. I just noticed this is only in windowed mode. Not in full screen.
Attached images
fullscreen.jpg
fullscreen2.jpg
windowed.jpg
windowed2.jpg
Quote from Scawen :That's fine if you can select a full screen resolution in Screen Options that includes both screens (may need to set something in your graphics card software).

Then in LFS, after you have selected that mode in Screen Options, go to View Options and set "Screen widths" to "unequal" and enter the main and side screen widths, so it knows where to divide the view. Of course you need to set 1 left screen and 0 right screens (or 1 right and 0 left).

Cheers I'd try it if the dam screen didn't keep freezing my pc

I don't think my Benq monitor likes the little acer one

Oh yeah and I have also lost about 50fps. Good job it was at about 150fps
One thing, whats this?
Are they using somekind of mod? Problably not, but what caused this?
Attached images
Wrong Verson.JPG
No problems for me so far.Did a quick test to check the new things(apart from multi-screen)and all seemed pretty stable and bugless.
Well done Scawen,looking forward to the big one
It was in the LX6, on the AS6R track in practice mode - while online. Seems to be intermittant!

Using a gamepad, with no 'profiler' installed, and nothing else running that interperates or adds button/key presses.
Quote from Bose321 :Did I do something wrong in the options or what? Notice the black bars on sides. This is only while NOT driving. Sorry if you said this somewhere. I just noticed this is only in windowed mode. Not in full screen.

The external views are confined to the same area as the interface.

When a single screen exceeds 16:9 the interface and external views are confined to 16:9 aspect ratio.

This is primarily for the replay cameras which are designed for a TV shaped view and there were some other issues so I decided to restrict those views to 16:9 like a real TV. Or when multiple screens are used, the external views are confined to the centre screen.

You can see what it is like with multiple screens by making a very wide and low LFS window.
Thank You Scawen, LFS on 2 screens looks awesome! i have been waiting for this
Quote from Scawen :The external views are confined to the same area as the interface.

When a single screen exceeds 16:9 the interface and external views are confined to 16:9 aspect ratio.

This is primarily for the replay cameras which are designed for a TV shaped view and there were some other issues so I decided to restrict those views to 16:9 like a real TV. Or when multiple screens are used, the external views are confined to the centre screen.

You can see what it is like with multiple screens by making a very wide and low LFS window.

Oh, I see, really cool. I wish I had room for several screens. Thanks for clearing up my question.

If I understand correctly, the cars will also have those nice virtual dashboard lights inside the cockpit instead of the 'dots'?

I like the option when you press '3' the lights go on. Especially on the FXO, since brake and light is separated. Could you tell if in the future LFS also have that when you have the lights turned on, you will see it on the road, same for rear lights (like in GTAIV)? Or won't you share that information with me?
Driving with 360° view is freaky
Attached images
lfs_00000112.jpg
This thread is closed

Test Patch Z16 (online compatible)
(203 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG