The online racing simulator
Nothing here also. Its 6am and I have school, so I have to wait until 3
Gave it a try, it's great. Did a few runs with the California just messing around. Physics are atleast a bit improved from FM2. Tire deformation looks nice!

Will write more later after driving a bit more.
I tried looking for the demo before bed last night (well this morning ) and couldn't find it. Just looked now and found it straight away.

Very surprised it hasn't been put up on the Spotlight list.
Quote from PLAYAPIMP :I love you! Downloading now so I'm the only to have it when school starts

You'll be the coolest kid in the entire school for sure!!!!!11!
Alright, did two races in the Mini Cooper (I like slower cars :shrug and then the batteries in my controller died (recharging now). I'm not gonna review the handling because I haven't driven enough for that, and I can't judge the graphics 'cause on my TV it looks pretty much the same as FM2 (no HD, or even a flatscreen so yeah).

As I'd expected the cockpitview just doesn't feel right to me, so I won't be using it.

The rewind feature definitely comes in handy

What I'm wondering the most right now is if it's really that much faster to use the manual clutch. I say it's something we should test online, in 2 identical cars, one with manual clutch and the other with auto, and just do a straight sprint going through the gears.

I don't know if it's something I could get used to, though. Shifting up works well enough, but shifting down while braking seems a bit difficult for me I'm used to pulling the left trigger with my index finger, but if I'm gonna downshift under braking that means I must use my middlefinger for the brake instead, and my index for the clutch, and right now that doesn't work very well
-
(Wenom) DELETED by Wenom
Had a quick go in my lunch hour did a race in the Ferrari and the Evo X, and it's very very very good! Cars handle as I imagine they would, it looks superb both tracks and cars. I like the cockpit view because it doesn't vibrate around everywhere making me feel sick, it's pretty much a static camera that works for me. Very impressed by it, roll on next month!
Quote from Boris Lozac :Post some pictures people..

I'm back at work now, so that renders me useless for that! Can't do it after work either as I'm out tonight.

My girlfriend is still on it and is addicted to it now (according to her last text message to me)... She likes the easy mode very much! However asking her to do something technical like taking screenshots is a bit of a stretch!
Is the damage model turned on in the demo? Because that's the thing I'm most curious about. I want to know how the aero modelling screws you up. And I want video clips of people flipping.

And... and... well, I guess actual racing might be cool too.
How would you take screenshots anyway? I haven't seen any option to do that

I got bored of the two-lap race pretty quickly. It's a shame you can't set the number of laps yourself. The loading times also seem to be a bit on the long side, IMO.

And to be honest, I hope it looks a lot better on a full HD tv than it does on mine because this demo looks nothing like all the teasers by any stretch of the imagination For me, anyways.

Quote from Dajmin :Is the damage model turned on in the demo?

Yes, it's enabled. Looks the same as it did in FM2 as far as I can tell, but then again I haven't really crashed much yet.
Was from the pause menu in FM2. Camera option. Bound to be the more or less the same setup as that.
My short review after 1h or so of gaming.

Physics:
What can I say: Fantastic. The physics are great for a console game, heck, they are great overall! It really is a top notch job. I love it, you can feel the car getting light and loose when entering at high speeds into a corner. There oversteer/understeer, the brakes lock up, the car is not too grippy and can definately get sideways if you are not careful. Playing on Expert (With auto clutch), the game is great fun.

Graphics:
Do I need to say anything here? Amazing. The cockpit is outstanding. There is something about other console racing games (Shift/Dirt 2) and their cockpits that just makes me dislike them. But I love it in Forza 3. Just adds a little bit more adrenaline and immersion into the game.
The car models also look great, during the replay at some parts it looks like a cinematic! The scenery is brilliant.

AI:
IMO a big improvement from F2. Although they still like to try and spin you out if you block them, atleast they race properly now and fight to the limits. Also, the rewind feature is really helpful if they do take you out, or you just bin it yourself.

Damage:
Well, it is good. A bit funky at some places, like if you crash into a wall at high speeds you might flip over. The damage between cars however is great.
Mechanical damage is also good.

Overall, what can I say more. I am going back to playing it.

I love the R8, such a blast

Definately a game to get for any car enthusiast.
Quote from DevilDare :
Graphics:
Do I need to say anything here? Amazing. The cockpit is outstanding. There is something about other console racing games (Shift/Dirt 2) and their cockpits that just makes me dislike them. But I love it in Forza 3. Just adds a little bit more adrenaline and immersion into the game.
The car models also look great, during the replay at some parts it looks like a cinematic! The scenery is brilliant.

Are we seeing the same thing?

Just got done playing the demo for an hour or so.

You just have to go into 'all games' on market place (not all demos) and it will be there. I couldn't find it at first either.

Tire sounds are great as are braking physics, graphics, but power on oversteer is damn near impossible unless you flick the car (yes, first thing I did was turn off all assists). Even in the porsche super car you can gun it in 3rd gear, turn full lock and you will only get a minor amount of oversteer compared to what you should see from such a powerful rwd car. To me the funnest part of any racing game is avoiding that power oversteer and it seems to barely exists in the demo. Maybe this is due to the low max-lock tire angle, is that adjustable in the final game? I would say, "maybe this is a necessity for making sims controllable on a gamepad" but I have seen other games (like toca 2; the last 'sim-like' game I regularly played for consoles as well as the fantastic console sim 'enthusia') make power oversteer perfectly manageable. Everything else has a great feel to it though. Just my opinion, don't go flaming now forza fan-boys.
Quote from Boris Lozac :Are we seeing the same thing?

You ever driven a car? That's what a car cockpit looks like bud.
What TV are you using?

I have an 1080p HDTV and the game looks stellar on it.
Boris is just trolling because FM3 doesn't look as good as GT5
Quote from danowat :Boris is just trolling because FM3 doesn't look as good as GT5

Trolling? i'm not trolllling... i'm boxxy you see?? No but honestly, does the game look like that? I really expected much much better graphics
I don't know yet, I have yet to play it, but from what I have read at neogaf, the screenshots don't do the "in motion" gameplay justice.

I think we all know that GT5 has the jump on graphics.
The Demo looks way better that that Screenshot.
No, it doesn't look like that on my screen atleast. There are some jaggies since it's rendered at 720p, but I think those screenshots weren't captured properly.
There is no photo mode (Or I cant find it) and I dont have a capture card so I cannot post any pics.

Taking photos of a screen with my phone camera is crap so that is a no go either.

But the game looks way better than in that screenshot Boris. A lot better.

Forza Motorsports 3
(3388 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG