The online racing simulator
BF1 needs to be improved
(68 posts, started )
Quote from J@tko :No-one drives it now, and even with those improvements, still no-one will drive it

I drive it.... I have been testing and building setups on it nonstop for 3 months offline.
Quote from Kristjan.J :No it does not need improvement. It's the 06 BF (if im right) and it should stay like this, because it's the version of the car.

And still it doesn't have any real features that 06 BMW Sauber car has.
In 2006 there was adjustable traction control, so why do we need to turn it off And there was a lot of other features like adjustable mixture ratio and so on. BF1 is a plain car whithout any of these. I can't understand why it shouldn't be improved, I'm not asking KERS or any unreal feature that 06 BMW Sauber doesn't have.
Quote from BreadC :its the last bmw car lol

Wrong, BMW still produces BMW 3-series, 5-series, 6-series, 7-series and 8-series.
Quote from Kandis :And still it doesn't have any real features that 06 BMW Sauber car has.
In 2006 there was adjustable traction control, so why do we need to turn it off And there was a lot of other features like adjustable mixture ratio and so on. BF1 is a plain car whithout any of these. I can't understand why it shouldn't be improved, I'm not asking KERS or any unreal feature that 06 BMW Sauber doesn't have.

+1.

Would add alot to the car, we only want the 2006 missing features
Quote from Shadowww :Wrong, BMW still produces BMW 3-series, 5-series, 6-series, 7-series and 8-series.

f1 smartass

this is f1 thread so where does road cars come into it?
I have 1 thing to say about the bmw its outdatet... the bmw sauber f1 woud not have been allowed to race in F1 series today...

Join the formula 1 Championship.
Quote from BreadC :f1 smartass

this is f1 thread so where does road cars come into it?

He said "its the last bmw car lol". Road cars are cars aswell.. :3
Quote from Buzzn :I have 1 thing to say about the bmw its outdatet... the bmw sauber f1 woud not have been allowed to race in F1 series today...

Join the formula 1 Championship.

That's the thing about F1 cars. They usually bring out a new one every year. The LFS version is of the 2006 car, and remains as up to date as the 2006 car in real life.

If you can pursuade Intel (or other sponsors, or even BMW Sauber F1) to allow and provide information to LFS, then maybe they'll get a newer one in.

But sitting there on your backside complaining it's 'out of date' is just a lame attitude.
Quote from tristancliffe :That's the thing about F1 cars. They usually bring out a new one every year. The LFS version is of the 2006 car, and remains as up to date as the 2006 car in real life.

If you can pursuade Intel (or other sponsors, or even BMW Sauber F1) to allow and provide information to LFS, then maybe they'll get a newer one in.

But sitting there on your backside complaining it's 'out of date' is just a lame attitude.

Not exactly. You will find some different variations of the 2006 BMW sauber., in appearance. the LFS one is a "clean" body, but there were veriatios with the crazy aero packages.

The cars can change visually/mechanichally between the start of a season and the end of one.
"There should be adjustable and more realistic traction control"

Agree! but already suggested 93482594 times before, the tc in lfs currently only limits slip. Good tc-systems irl are a lot better then that, so much better you can put your foot down to the metal eh carbon-fiber on any corner-exit and you will never oversteer with a really good tc-system.
then BF1 will become need for speed like lol
Quote from BreadC :then BF1 will become need for speed like lol

BF1 is "need for speed like" already. It should be removed from the game.
Quote from Kandis :BF1 is "need for speed like" already. It should be removed from the game.

You need to leave now. Really.
Why would it ever need to be removed? Why would you want FEWER cars in the game? Madness.

Anyone stop to think that the system they're working on for the Scirocco might actually retroactively improve the existing LFS TC model? So hush your fool mouths

But it would be totally stupid to put the 2009 features on a 2006 car. Changes to aero models are pretty trivial and would most likely be added to suit the driver's style rather than as a global improvement to every car.
Quote from Dajmin :Why would it ever need to be removed? Why would you want FEWER cars in the game? Madness.

Anyone stop to think that the system they're working on for the Scirocco might actually retroactively improve the existing LFS TC model? So hush your mouth fool's

But it would be totally stupid to put the 2009 features on a 2006 car. Changes to aero models are pretty trivial and would most likely be added to suit the driver's style rather than as a global improvement to every car.

fixed xD
if you want F1, use rFactor with the Dazor F1 2009 mod or F1RL 2009 mod. Way better than LFS for F1... only for F1 though~
The slipstream effect needs to be reduced a little as at the moment you just need to be in the same postcode as the car in front and there is nothing they can do on a decent sized straight.
Quote from rich_hobo94 :if you want F1, use rFactor with the F1RL 2009 mod. Way better than LFS for F1... only for F1 though~

Wait, what? This mod isnt even close to realism as LFS's F1, Dunno about the other one. FSOne 08 Mod is one of the best mods for rF, but LFS's BF1 still beats them all for me
Quote from Dajmin :

You should read the first post, THERE IS SAID NOTHING ABOUT 2009 FEATURES, just about improving the 2006 features.
Quote from aroX123 :You need to leave now. Really.

Whats your business, arcade player?
The point I am saying this, is because the BF1 is making LFS arcade game
But there are some people for whom LFS is their life and they regret anything that is said against LFS. I am not commanding to do what I said in first post, I am just asking to consider what things should be improved.
Chill out racers
LFS's BMW Sauber is quite really the best. It's difficult to drive -- just like the real thing. With the TC off it's a beast, I can barely just accelerate away.

Problem being it doesn't have all the features the 2006 specification has.
Quote from Dalek0220 :LFS's BMW Sauber is quite really the best. It's difficult to drive -- just like the real thing. With the TC off it's a beast, I can barely just accelerate away.

Problem being it doesn't have all the features the 2006 specification has.

The lfs modeling of grip is not 100% correct, especially the bf1 has more grip irl!
LOL?

BMW Sauber F1.06 is just a car with wings and four wheels and steering wheel. Only what I want to improve is BF1 does not have slicks, if we persnickety
Another thing concerning to the BF1:
It looks like the diffuser at the back is missing. I think there was one on he real car. Correct me if I'm wrong.

BF1 needs to be improved
(68 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG