The online racing simulator
BF1 needs to be improved
(68 posts, started )
BF1 needs to be improved
The BF1 car is a bit rough and it needs to be improved
There should be adjustable and more realistic traction control, also adjustable fuel mixture ratio. Auto clutch should be removed (there is a paddle clutch in a real F1 car) and of course handbrake should be removed.
I don't know whether there is possible to adjust brake bias live currently (without going to pits) but it should be possible also.
I know its not a easy work, but simulator like LFS should simulate these features
+1 .

Needs AntiStall System

Needs to be started in PitBox if engine happens to be stalled. (if you successfully rolled to your pitbox)

Needs the Boost setting as well.

on F11 you can already adjust brake bias (labeled Brake Balance) while driving.
To simulate boost you could use a memory hack prog to change the handbrake value in to a negative value. That will speed up your reartires instead off slowing them down.

Will not work online normally, you will get kicked. Maybe it is possible to make a server which will accept it. You have to make sure everyone uses the same negative value.

Do not know if it would be possible with scripts to check that each driver can only use it for 2 sec each lap.

It works offline.
Quote from liveforspeedskins.tk :To simulate boost you could use a memory hack prog to change the handbrake value in to a negative value. That will speed up your reartires instead off slowing them down.

Will not work online normally, you will get kicked. Maybe it is possible to make a server which will accept it. You have to make sure everyone uses the same negative value.

Do not know if it would be possible with scripts to check that each driver can only use it for 2 sec each lap.

It works offline.

I dont like the idea of using non-legit methods for boost.

From what I understand a F1 car has 6 levels of boost (turbo)...
Quote from Kandis :Auto clutch should be removed (there is a paddle clutch in a real F1 car)

Quote from CodieMorgan :Needs the Boost setting as well.

wat

F1s do have an auto clutch. You can control the clutch manually too, but drivers only use it during starts otherwise it's automatic.

Boost? F1s don't have turbos.
Quote from Kandis :Auto clutch should be removed (there is a paddle clutch in a real F1 car)

and there is a pedal in all other cars and they have auto clutch, not everybody have a G25

Quote from Kandis :handbrake should be removed

it's there because of the start in the hill at blackwood. If you remove it everybody would have a false start penalty

Quote from Kandis :
I don't know whether there is possible to adjust brake bias live currently (without going to pits) but it should be possible also.

This is already possible in F11
http://www.f1technical.net/articles/30

I may have been wrong in Boost (I remembered that there was)... but the following should at least be useable in the F1 while driving:
  • TC
  • Engine Push (I think I mistook this for Boost)
  • Differential selective switch
Also, that Engine Brake switch I think could prove be very valuble.
In a real F1 you can limit your rpm's, the engine push allow you to use the max rpm for a hort period of time. But this is for engine's health, not to have extra horses like KERS
Quote from CodieMorgan :I dont like the idea of using non-legit methods for boost.

From what I understand a F1 car has 6 levels of boost (turbo)...

F1 cars do not have boost. Some of the 2009 cars have KERS, but the BF1 is a 2006 car.
Quote from geeman1 :wat

F1s do have an auto clutch. You can control the clutch manually too, but drivers only use it during starts otherwise it's automatic.

Boost? F1s don't have turbos.

If you want to stop or you got out of track, then you need to press a clutch, otherwise the engine would stall. when changing gears it is automatic. In lfs the engine won't stall if you stop, that's what i mean.
Quote from Whiskey :
it's there because of the start in the hill at blackwood. If you remove it everybody would have a false start penalty

There should be another way to deal with it. Maybe the one like in the real life
+1.

It would be great if the BF1 had some new features and tweaks like anti-stall, fuel mixture etc

Tbh though I can't see it happening, the devs are more interested in other bits and peices
I would love to see the 09 spec of the BMW F1 car.
Quote from liveforspeedskins.tk :To simulate boost you could use a memory hack prog to change the handbrake value in to a negative value. That will speed up your reartires instead off slowing them down.

It works offline.

Bad idea, better find current rotation speed for every wheel, and add hotkey (can do in ArtMoney or TSearch) to add e.g. +10km/h. This way you can do boost on any-drive car.
No-one drives it now, and even with those improvements, still no-one will drive it
Quote from DevilDare :I would love to see the 09 spec of the BMW F1 car.

+1.

What if scawen says like: "Please, since you are leaving, we love you, you know. It would be a nice reminder of how nice the car is. Pleeaaaaaaaaaaaseeeeeeeeeee?" *Cat Eyes*
Quote from J@tko :No-one drives it now, and even with those improvements, still no-one will drive it

Then it should be removed from LFS since BMW SAUBER team is leaving F-1
Quote from Kandis :If you want to stop or you got out of track, then you need to press a clutch, otherwise the engine would stall. when changing gears it is automatic. In lfs the engine won't stall if you stop, that's what i mean.

F1 cars have an computer-controlled anti-stall mechanism which depresses the clutch so the engine in theory shouldn't stall.
Quote from Kandis :The BF1 car is a bit rough and it needs to be improved
There should be adjustable and more realistic traction control, also adjustable fuel mixture ratio. Auto clutch should be removed (there is a paddle clutch in a real F1 car) and of course handbrake should be removed.
I know its not a easy work, but simulator like LFS should simulate these features

You can adjust the traction control, you just have to do it in the pits.

It works offline.

This is the essence of the speedhacks of 2008 and before, and the cheaters used to be able to successfully use it online. It won't be possible to use it online because some sort of cheat prevention was set up on the master server that prevents the use of it online.
why don't you just turn off the tc?
Quote from SidiousX :You can adjust the traction control, you just have to do it in the pits.

In F1 they could adjust all those settings while ont rack, that was the point he was making.

I am against boost, Formula one didn't have it in 2006 and also the kers system is only populair at the enviromental terrorists. It doesn't work well. Years ago it was tried in city busses, they stopped quickly with that, the added mass and production costs was not worth it. I wont be surprised if kers will be banned next season for being so useless.
No it does not need improvement. It's the 06 BF (if im right) and it should stay like this, because it's the version of the car.
Quote from Bluebird B B :In F1 they could adjust all those settings while ont rack, that was the point he was making.

I am against boost, Formula one didn't have it in 2006 and also the kers system is only populair at the enviromental terrorists. It doesn't work well. Years ago it tried in city busses, they stopped quickly with that, the added mass and production costs was not worth it. I wont be surprised if kers will be banned next season for being so useless.

KERS has not been banned for next season, though FOTA agreed that none of the teams would employ KERS for the 2010 season. Though I wouldn't be surprised to see it come back in 2011 or like you suggested scrapped completely.

BF1 needs to be improved
(68 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG