The online racing simulator
BF1 needs to be improved
(68 posts, started )
and in this thread we can observe how LFSers are bickering about something they haven't used and most probably never will.
Guess why the most of us never used it --> Thread title
i meant bickering about realism for a car they will never get to drive in real life
Quote from george_tsiros :i meant bickering about realism for a car they will never get to drive in real life

I didn't get a point
Quote from george_tsiros :and in this thread we can observe how LFSers are bickering about something they haven't used and most probably never will.

What does that have to do with anything in this thread? It's true that most of us will never be able to drive an F1, but that doesn't mean the version in LFS should be half-arsed.
-brake bias is adjustable trough f11
-you can put the auto clutch off trough game settings
-traction controll can be turned off while driving using "o"
the real cars didn't have more controlls for the tc than how much of if there should be. just like in the game.

but yeah, diff settings wile driving would be cool, but just as how much slip you want.... but i think bf1 should be swapped to a 2009 spec car completely (but the tc will have to remain as it would be impossible to drive with a keyboard and mouse).
Quote from suomitoisia :but i think bf1 should be swapped to a 2009 spec car completely (but the tc will have to remain as it would be impossible to drive with a keyboard and mouse).

Uhm. The license only included the 06 car. And the TC is not there so that it would be easier to drive, it's there because the real car has it. The 09 car doesn't have TC, so a LFS version of that shouldn't have one either.
You can't turn off auto clutch for the BF1, the option is locked

One thing we could do, as 2009 was a special year concerning regulation changes, is include a fictional version of F1 with those wings and TC removed

My 2 cens as usual
Adding another F1 does not make much sense tbh. BF1 is quite rarely used and most people can't drive it properly. Let alone have good races with it. It's too fast to be fun
I'd rather say other cars are too slow to be fun...
Devs aren't bots. Let them finish Rockingham and VWS.
Quote from hp999 :Devs aren't bots. Let them finish Rockingham and VWS.

agreed +1
wasn't there a launch control in 2006 spec cars?
Quote from Kandis :wasn't there a launch control in 2006 spec cars?

I think so, but first the tc has to be as good as it was irl.
sometimes when i first drive it, the first time i toucht the brake it appiles full strength braking and locks up, could fix the problem maybe?
Quote from Luttsy :sometimes when i first drive it, the first time i toucht the brake it appiles full strength braking and locks up, could fix the problem maybe?

After you calibrate your inputs in options (wheel, x/y axis, etc) you need to lock them to prevent this.
It's not an issue with the car or even the game...or an issue at all. It's about calibrating the pedal travel.

As a general rule in every sim: Before you take off from the start lights, press and release the throttle and brake pedals fully for the calibration to be correct.
I do a lock to lock wheel spin as well, just in case.

Hope that helps
thanks mate

BF1 needs to be improved
(68 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG