The online racing simulator
Quote from gotspeed :its a truck but its set up more like car.

completely unrealistic imo.
you've compared your american truck to an american "sports" car.
compare it with a european sports car of the same price (the lotus is nearly half the price of a new mustang)and you'd soon realise that you own a skip with wheels.
What the **** is that
Quote from gotspeed :so they have spent £24 on the game and another £12 for extra content lets say £150 on a wheel. yet they are still playing on there 6 year old desktop to play there serious racing sim i doubt it. im 20 and have yet to have any kind of real "job" other then the work i do on my own time for friends and family for some spare cash and i was able to get together 1,500 (us $)to build my self a top of the line system. if you can afford all those games you should be able to afford a system that can run them half way decent correct?

no a game is only good if it looks like it was relased in the last 5 years

vs

So you post S1 pics that are over 6 years old to make your point that they look like they are 5 years old? And that is a bad thing?
to recap.

one guy is programming LFS.

one guy alone has managed to create a sim that is arguably better than almost any other. i haven't tried netkar pro and some people say that it is damn accurate so i will try to avoid sounding like a fanboy and say omg lfs teh bestest (but i am a fanboy)

we don't care about graphics. even if the cars still looked like that in the hideous screenshot you show us, we wouldn't care much.

it's a racing simulator, not a screenshot generator.
Quote from dadge :completely unrealistic imo.
you've compared your american truck to an american "sports" car.
compare it with a european sports car of the same price (the lotus is nearly half the price of a new mustang)and you'd soon realise that you own a skip with wheels.

i said a car not a sports car. our 96 impala would out do it. but as a "truck" it handles like a car nothing like a full size truck would.

no one has posted a better screen shot then the toca so....
... so what?

if i don't show you a photo of my girlfriend does that mean that there isn't one?
Quote from gotspeed :i said a car not a sports car. our 96 impala would out do it. but as a "truck" it handles like a car nothing like a full size truck would.

no one has posted a better screen shot then the toca so....

That car weights 2000 KG and is often used as policecar that is all over the place in movies. Not something a car that handles good would do. It would eat dust of all the much smaller engined GTO's on any track but the oval.
What a joke... Gotspeed why don't you stop talking and go write a quick demo of this easy smoke, tailored to LFS' performance/platform requirements. You can come back in a week or a month and prove everyone wrong. Till then it's all talk.. Vaporware.
Quote from marzman :That car weights 2000 KG and is often used as policecar that is all over the place in movies. Not something a car that handles good would do. It would eat dust of all the much smaller engined GTO's on any track but the oval.

so you believe every thing in the movies?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AV5OoqTefKQ
^ he seems to be able to handle it pretty well.

real burnout.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_G_gELBogDY
real crash
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8TncQItkN1I
@jj72 "more realistic smoke will make the game harder - yeah right."
and as for more smoke making the game harder or not it would be much harder. the next time theres a spin in front of you not only would you have to deal with the cars you would have to be doing it though a blinding cloud of tire smoke. you guys want the ability to see though smoke that should be there. good luck with you realistic sim then.
hey i just had a great idea well i was in the shower. since you guys want the perfect racing environment and all, with smokeless wrecks and no crashes from hitting tall curbing in high cg cars and all. why not well where at it put 1000% more hp in all the cars and bump up the grip on the tires 100,000% and make the cars handle like there on rails. then we can all have perfect races where every one finishes first or at least with in :00:002 seconds of the leader.

you guys come on here and complain about about one part of the sim being to real, then when some one points out what real racing is like you want to bash it for being unrealistic or what ever your perfect image of real racing is. part of racing is luck, do you get cough up in someone else's wreck or do you get lucky and squeak by. do you have just enough gas to last the whole race or because you were not able to draft some one you ran out 1/2 a lap short in the lead and the 2nt place guy passes you for the win.

so pick the worlds best perfect racing environment or the worlds best racing simulator.
so you finally started talking about 'perfection'

you poor misguided soul

as for the impala... jesus, the way it hops about on the track... it's like a frickin boat with wheels

an ugly boat with wheels
Quote from gotspeed :b&m shift kit, k&n filter, a set of msd 8.5 mm super spark plug wires with e3 plugs and soon a new blaster ss coil

Those are some serious performance mods.

The fact you compare an S10 to a Holden Ute shows just how little you know. Going fast on public roads doesn't make you a racer, it makes you an idiot.
someone has a thick skull.

and no car doesn't produce a wall smoke when it spins. there's only signicficant smoke when the driver locks up the tires, or keep the throttle planted to the floor after they spin.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eRsq7KWO7vI
I once flipped my XFG in BL1 on the last turn, was quite an interesting experience and a good shock

If you can react quick enough just countersteer and you should be the opposite of failing, providing the sideways force isn't huge.
Quote from gotspeed :....

so pick the worlds best perfect racing environment or the worlds best racing simulator.

i'd pick the worlds perfect race. and i wouldn't let people who keep rolling their car on the same curb enter.
as for the smoke+crash thing. aim for where the crash happened, not where the crashed cars are. but that's racecraft. something you learn when you're finished rolling on THE SAME CURB!!!
Quote from gotspeed :does having a car thats capable of doing 160mph count and hitting 100+ from time to time. thats one of our 2 collector cars and my daily driver is a s10 blazer with a handling package with a newly rebuild motor after dexcool ate the head gaskets and let the coolant in to the crankcase. besides the handling package that it came with. i personally have put a bigger set of brakes on the front that are drilled and slotted with a set of hawk high performance street pads with 2 piston calipers. my front brakes more then likely cost more then half of what some people spent on there car. maybe if you did more then just drove in your perfect simulator world you would know how it really is to do a burn out and having smoke and the smell of burning rubber in the car.

as for programming i had 9 months of programming for my associates in computer electronics engineering. from programming bios's to .net apps. i know about shift registers and the accumulator and what not. i also know it wouldn't be that hard with all the source code to change the amount and how the smoke interacts with its environment.

the only reason the smoke isn't heavier in the game is it would make it to realistic, a simple spin (and big smoke cloud) would make the game much harder and ruin some 12 year kids race and he would complain about the smoke or some 7 year old desktop would give up the ghost from the extra load from more smoke.

Very nice buddy you have add some stuff to your car. You take some pics of it.Good! let me inform you that in MY country i do this for living and this is my job. And to inform you dont race with trucks... someone with a yugo will easy pass over you in a tight turn. Even Impala is for crap.
So about "our" perfect sim.
1: its not our
2: it haz the most real time action and realism of any other game
3: it is a GAME
4: one man show...!!! one person edit, fix, programming and upgrade this
game
5: if you dont find it sirious or accurate go find some thing else or just make your own sim racing game, that i m sure in 4 weeks you will have made a final release.

AND IF YOU DONT LIKE THE GAME
-
(dadge) DELETED by dadge : oops. gun-foot-fire
Quote from Forbin :Those are some serious performance mods.

The fact you compare an S10 to a Holden Ute shows just how little you know. Going fast on public roads doesn't make you a racer, it makes you an idiot.

keep in mind this is my daily driver my car that has 130,000 miles on it. most of the stuff done to it is to clean it up, dark windows all the way around, changing the front orange parking lights to white ones with orange bulbs. the only other "big" change i want to make is powder coat the rims glossy black to go with the rest of the red and black theme and do the extreme emblems in black. next week or so the door handles will be matched to the body and powder coated red so they blend in along with shaving the button and wiper arm from the back of it.

going from a stock 190 hp to around 240 hp i would say is some serious work. having a race shop rebuild your motor is a good idea if you got the 2k laying around and can be with out the car for 1 and a half weeks well they port and polish and blue print the motor. along with new pistons, boring out .030 and bigger injectors. there soon will be a different cold air intake and a flowmaster super 44.

this is my truck. 2 points if you can figure out what was done to the picture on the computer.
Attached images
blazer back yardc.jpg
in short you try to make a semi-truck look better and have a tuned engine.

which means it will never handle like a properly tuned car and it will never be a truck anymore, since you try to treat it as a car.
Quote from gotspeed :think of it like what you would call a hot hatch 200hp v6 rwd 4 speed.

uh
a 4.5 m long, 1600 kg heavy truck is not, and can never be, like a 'hot hatch'.

this is a 'hot hatch'

barely 4 m long, 1050 kg, 200hp

and this is a 'v6 rwd hot hatch'
mid engined v6 2.3l 255hp 1400kg 3.8m

(sorry but i don't think i would find a v6 with only 200hp in europe)
Quote from george_tsiros :uh
(sorry but i don't think i would find a v6 with ONLY 200hp in europe)

Rephrased for the not so bright members....
Its always fun to sit back and "listen" to what a -moddified truck driving- American has to "say" about cars...
Quote from gotspeed :thats not mine but its the same truck. think of it like what you would call a hot hatch 200hp v6 rwd 4 speed.

Quote from gotspeed :as for programming i had 9 months of programming for my associates in computer electronics engineering. from programming bios's to .net apps. i know about shift registers and the accumulator and what not. i also know it wouldn't be that hard with all the source code to change the amount and how the smoke interacts with its environment.

These 2 quotes alone should be enough information for anyone following this thread to know how little this guy knows. How can you actually compare a truck to a hot hatch? Don't you know what the differences are between writing a small .NET application and changing the design of a 3d application, nevermind a game? The smoke in LFS doesn't look very accurate and there generally isn't enough of it, but saying that making the smoke more accurate would be a small change (almost a trivial change) is just laughable.
this gotspeed is trying to stroke his e-penis bigger.

all he is doin is jus trying to show off his shitbox heap of junk metal

cant u see the convo has turnt away from smoke and turnt into talking about his car mods etc etc and nothing about topic lol
Is he DHRammstein's cousin?
Quote from XAMENO_KOPMI :Its always fun to sit back and "listen" to what a -moddified truck driving- American has to "say" about cars...

sorry i need to be able to carry more stuff then i could fit in some little clio. wait till i get a firebird and do some work on it, thats going to by my weekend fun car and take it to the track about 1 hour north from here. as for my "truck" 240 hp is plenty to drive every day. if i really wanted to and had the money a friend of my dads has a ls1 motor that he got for nothing that he said i could have that just needs to be rebuilt. so i really wanted it could be a 350cu in 400+ hp all aluminum v8 that would weigh the same as the v6 that is in it. but that would be a pain to drive every day. as it is now it chirps the tires in to 2nt about 30% of the time and will down shift in to 2nt if your doing any thing less then 70 mph and step on it and it will take off. i have had countless different times in the rain with out meaning to i have had it break the rear tires lose and spin for 20 feet or so before they hooked back up.

so with your 250 hp clio and jail sentences in the eu for doing 10 over what exacly can you do that would be any amount of fun with out ending up in a 8x8 box with a guy that wants to be your new best friend?

!!!!!!!! F@*@*@ing curbs!!!!
(292 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG