The online racing simulator
Puppies and sunshine baby!
Quote from gotspeed :http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0tZlCx9VYkI

here a lfs amount of smoke coming off a car upside down after rolling from a curb.

more like how lfs smoke should be: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YT9ooU_NnBg

the second link doesn't look good at all. and did you see the FPS hit?
one of the best things about LFS is that you do not need the discovery space shuttle to play it. it will run on quite old systems. adding more smoke will make alot of drivers games really unplayable.
and tbh, it didn't look that real either.
Quote from dadge :the second link doesn't look good at all. and did you see the FPS hit?
one of the best things about LFS is that you do not need the discovery space shuttle to play it. it will run on quite old systems. adding more smoke will make alot of drivers games really unplayable.
and tbh, it didn't look that real either.

because its a hack to get the smoke to work like that. bumping the smoke up in the game and not having another program thats running doing a overlay or what not would help the performance.

as for the systems that lfs runs on. there will be a time that the minimal system requirements need to be bumped up. you want to be playing a game thats made to from on a apple 2 25 years later. no the game is in constant development so it should take a pretty reasonable system to run it. at some point i expect my 7 year old 500$ used laptop not to be able to play lfs at 50 fps when im in class.

the last year or so i have been running my own biz building and fixing computers for people. 400$ in parts will build a system that will run lfs 100+ fps on a 23inch wide screen at high settings. if the devs want new people to buy the game there needs to be a incentive to spend the money on a 6+ year old game. so doing stuff like adding smoke and better damage model needs to be done other wise people will just spend the money for forza, gtr evolution, euro truck simulator, arca sim racing, stcc, race 07, race driver:grid, superstarts v8 racing, bmw m3 challenge, toca/dtm race driver 3. i missed a few others but the point is. lfs wants people to buy it and play online it needs to look as good as the rest of the sims out not like a game from 05 that has had a few cars added. do i expect lfs to push my i7 with 6 gigs of ram or stress my gtx 295 no not at all. but it shouldn't get to the point where my mobile phone has enough gfx power to run it.

hey thinking about it lets all just live 8 years ago no dsl no high speed cable. so from now on no gfx online or video forget hosting your own game server or web cams. why not live like that instead of using all the capability we have today.
Attached images
DSC08811.JPG
092120091173.jpg
092120091177.jpg
092120091175.jpg
Are you the LFS Team's marketing manager now?

Quote from gotspeed :because its a hack to get the smoke to work like that. bumping the smoke up in the game and not having another program thats running doing a overlay or what not would help the performance.

No, it wouldn't. A hack is no less a hack simply because it's embedded in the code.

The fact that LFS remains pure by shunning the ridiculous graphical bling (bloom, blur, etc.) and, more importantly, focusing instead on vehicle dynamics, is what sets it apart from the arcade games you listed.

If you ask me, LFS looks far more realistic than any of those other games.
a $400 machine in your country could be a €1000 in another.

ever won a race using those views?. (high fps in those views are pointless unless recording).you've also named more or less every racing game in my collection. the point being, i didn't swear allegiance to any of these games and by not doing this i am able to buy them all. like most people in here.
there's a thread in here with people who have already spent £24 on this game and are willing to pay an extra £12 (or more) for the new content (extra track and cars). so i would say LFS is stronger than you think.
just because LFS doesn't have Tony Hawks grinding down a pit-barrier or voice overed by Murray Walker. it doesn't mean that the devs are not going to sell any more of this product.
if i didn't know any better i'd think that gotspeed says that a game that has greater demands from the system is automatically better.

Quote :no the game is in constant development so it should take a pretty reasonable system to run it. at some point i expect my 7 year old 500$ used laptop not to be able to play lfs at 50 fps when im in class

so a game is good only if it stresses the system?

what is this guy saying anyway!?
I've got a fever, and the only perscription is more realistic smoke.

Weather > Smoke
Quote from dadge :a $400 machine in your country could be a €1000 in another.

ever won a race using those views?. (high fps in those views are pointless unless recording).you've also named more or less every racing game in my collection. the point being, i didn't swear allegiance to any of these games and by not doing this i am able to buy them all. like most people in here.
there's a thread in here with people who have already spent £24 on this game and are willing to pay an extra £12 (or more) for the new content (extra track and cars). so i would say LFS is stronger than you think.
just because LFS doesn't have Tony Hawks grinding down a pit-barrier or voice overed by Murray Walker. it doesn't mean that the devs are not going to sell any more of this product.

so they have spent £24 on the game and another £12 for extra content lets say £150 on a wheel. yet they are still playing on there 6 year old desktop to play there serious racing sim i doubt it. im 20 and have yet to have any kind of real "job" other then the work i do on my own time for friends and family for some spare cash and i was able to get together 1,500 (us $)to build my self a top of the line system. if you can afford all those games you should be able to afford a system that can run them half way decent correct?

Quote from george_tsiros :if i didn't know any better i'd think that gotspeed says that a game that has greater demands from the system is automatically better.

so a game is good only if it stresses the system?

no a game is only good if it looks like it was relased in the last 5 years

vs

lol, now you're clearly trolling. I laugh at your pitiful attempt to disparage LFS with low-res, non-antialiased pics.

Depth of field effects are ridiculous for anything even pretending to be realistic, too. And when was the last time you were blinded by a reflection coming off a car under the trees?
Quote from Forbin :I laugh at your pitiful attempt to disparage LFS with low-res, non-antialiased pics.

ok show me a pic of lfs that looks better then that toca with out it being edited at all.
honestly the curbs being tall isn't the problem. some should be. don't look at cutting a curb a way of shaving .01 seconds clip them yea but run over them and drive with 2 wheels in the grass no.

the new curbs look like they will be a lot of fun.
Quote from gotspeed :honestly the curbs being tall isn't the problem.

tell me that when your in a RWD
Quote from jakeeatworld :tell me that when your in a RWD

what does rwd have to do with it. fwd rwd and awd will flip if you hit a curb to hard and still try to make the turn once its on 2 wheels. you save all 3 the same way too by turning towards the ground.
:munching_HAAHAHAAHHAAAAAAAA
OMG man grow up! 6pages of posts that proves this is real racing and you still want to be . For real have you ever drive fast in REAL track with REAL car to see how it is? Just answer me that.
6 pages and it's obvious the kid is an armchair programmer. If it's so easy, why isn't he doing it?
Quote from CUPRAMAN ::munching_HAAHAHAAHHAAAAAAAA
OMG man grow up! 6pages of posts that proves this is real racing and you still want to be . For real have you ever drive fast in REAL track with REAL car to see how it is? Just answer me that.

does having a car thats capable of doing 160mph count and hitting 100+ from time to time. thats one of our 2 collector cars and my daily driver is a s10 blazer with a handling package with a newly rebuild motor after dexcool ate the head gaskets and let the coolant in to the crankcase. besides the handling package that it came with. i personally have put a bigger set of brakes on the front that are drilled and slotted with a set of hawk high performance street pads with 2 piston calipers. my front brakes more then likely cost more then half of what some people spent on there car. maybe if you did more then just drove in your perfect simulator world you would know how it really is to do a burn out and having smoke and the smell of burning rubber in the car.

as for programming i had 9 months of programming for my associates in computer electronics engineering. from programming bios's to .net apps. i know about shift registers and the accumulator and what not. i also know it wouldn't be that hard with all the source code to change the amount and how the smoke interacts with its environment.

the only reason the smoke isn't heavier in the game is it would make it to realistic, a simple spin (and big smoke cloud) would make the game much harder and ruin some 12 year kids race and he would complain about the smoke or some 7 year old desktop would give up the ghost from the extra load from more smoke.
Attached images
070920091035.jpg
070920091036.jpg
082120091113.jpg
Trolls

Internet. Serious business.

Please, keep going. You amuse me. Please bestow upon us your great programming knowledge from your 9 months of VB.net, O' Great One. How may we make The Great Smoke cometh?
Quote from Forbin :Trolls

Internet. Serious business.

Please, keep going. You amuse me.

so basically you lost and your trying to change the subject with some under aged girl you have a crush on?
Quote from gotspeed :my daily driver is a s10 blazer with a handling package.

LOL that's an SUV?

seriously smoke effect isn't better is because no one is particularly bothered with it.

more realistic smoke will make the game harder - yeah right.

Someone who thinks rendering smoke in Max and smoke effect in games is comparable has no credibility on this subject in my book.
Quote from gotspeed :so basically you lost

Was there something to be won?
Quote from JJ72 :LOL that's an SUV?

seriously smoke effect isn't better is because no one is particularly bothered with it.

more realistic smoke will make the game harder - yeah right.

Someone who thinks rendering smoke in Max and smoke effect in games is comparable has no credibility on this subject in my book.

thats not mine but its the same truck. think of it like what you would call a hot hatch 200hp v6 rwd 4 speed. mine has a b&m shift kit, k&n filter, a set of msd 8.5 mm super spark plug wires with e3 plugs and soon a new blaster ss coil and also going to remove the low end restrictor from the throttle body and lower it another 2 inchs next summer with spindles up front and blocks in the rear. it will chirp the tires in to 2nt gear almost on cue every time. im starting a contract with a guy fixing printers next month or so for the federal buildings and local banks in the area and i figured in 4-6 months i will have around 10k for a ls1 6 speed firebird and that will be my project car.

i can tell you for a fact the blazer is faster then at lest 1 5.0 rustang
That's a truck.

i've never heard of a rustang, but if it lives up to its name, it doesn't sound a like hard thing to beat.
Quote from JJ72 :That's a truck.

i've never heard of a rustang, but if it lives up to its name, it doesn't sound a like hard thing to beat.

its a truck but its set up more like car. big sway bars front and rear with pretty quick steering, short stiff springs. it handles more like a go kart then a truck. as far as calling it a truck i wouldn't say that its built to be a sport truck more like a ford lighting. if you watched the last top gear ep its like the Holden ute's then a truck you would tow or go off roading with.

google rustang you will learn :P

!!!!!!!! F@*@*@ing curbs!!!!
(292 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG