The online racing simulator
#78 - 5haz
Sounds like you want Knockhill style curbs, its not unknown for drivers to get lost on them.
They've since lowered them a bit, but they were great especially for nutters like Chilton and Muller!

Anyone know where to find that very high resolution slow motion clip of a (Le Mans?) red and white Porsche going over a curb, with the camera zoomed in on the curb/tires/lower bodywork? Was filmed a couple of years ago and was hard to find back then because youtube & co didn't exist yet.

And given the new tire physics coming, curb flips ought to be a little more difficult to trigger.
Quote from Breizh :Anyone know where to find that very high resolution slow motion clip of a (Le Mans?) red and white Porsche going over a curb, with the camera zoomed in on the curb/tires/lower bodywork? Was filmed a couple of years ago and was hard to find back then because youtube & co didn't exist yet.

And given the new tire physics coming, curb flips ought to be a little more difficult to trigger.

" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FUSZPMl5JsI

I think that the guy who start the topic has never done racing driving. All REAL tracks have curbs that can flip you in a sec. wach the video from real life-physics and LFS is very close to that...
Must be very sticky tyres, tbh.

As let on by Scawen, LFS tyres have too much grip. Maybe the cars flip over a bit easier due to that, and not having suspension preload or anti-dive/squat, equating to exaggerated amounts of roll and CG/roll centre effects
Quote from aroX123 :Thank you, finally someone that knows aswell, THAT IS A DAM FOCKING BUG!
I made a video aswell, and many people says it is not a bug.

Well, it's not really a bug, just quite bad track design.

#91 - STF
#93 - IDUI
Quote from dadge :maybe they're like that to stop people cutting corners. seen the curbs at monza?

Yes i did, The 15cm high rubber edges didn't stop some drivers to drive full over it now and then.

Guess real cars are stronger then lfs makes you believe
Quote from aroX123 :Thank you, finally someone that knows aswell, THAT IS A DAM FOCKING BUG!
I made a video aswell, and many people says it is not a bug.

http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=43564

Tire also bends after a few hits

I'm not sure if I'd call it a bug, but it's definitely a limitation of the LFS tire model. The tire model appears to assume the entire tire is always on a single planar surface, so when the engine decides the tire is on the tiny lip on the edge of the curb it calculates the forces as if the ENTIRE tire is on a plane with the angle of the tiny lip. Attached is a screenshot showing the effect.

Probably the easiest way to fix that is to fill in the area behind those curbs.
Attached images
tire_curb.jpg
If you think that's annoying try going over the curbs in iRacing lol.
Quote from theblackrabbi :yeah but in real racing do they have curbs that are too high to cut as well?

sorry to break your bubble but yes the do

so my advice like ebrybody else is just adapt to the conditions and BTW that is what a good driver would be able to do!
just change your setup, it doesn't have to be a drastic one , but just enuf to where you wont have to sacrifice your line, if you really don't wanna find another

!!!!!!!! F@*@*@ing curbs!!!!
(292 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG