The online racing simulator
Quote from jakeeatworld :No. But it is well know by running over the chicane can dramatically increase the drivers chance of picking up a puncture.
It's simple. The car runs over the curbs and can possibly damage the side wall in the tyre, this could be a split or whatever which then under the immense forces around corners such as church and noble worsens these "splits" eventually leading to a puncture. Of course this is not gaurenteed but running those curbs early on in the race may cost you in the end.

Another scenario: ramming over such curbs causes the tyre to compress so hard that the rim is essentially cutting the rubber, causing a massive sudden blowout...
Just one picture:

Quote from Bose321 :I just smashed in a wall with 240, and I got a dent? F@*@*@ing walls!!!!

"But the walls are part of my racing line!"
check out pictures of the nürburgring with the high curbs, almost 45° and 20cms high! On very old tracks they put tyres in concrete, so if you hit the "curb" your car was done.
In my opinion you CAN'T vote for easier curbs while wanting bumpier tracks at the same time. A track with some character has to have corners that throw you off! When we were driving Baby-Rs on that track exactly this corner was the challenge! get it right, flip or lose time!

/me votes for even higher curbs in some places!

greetz

der butz

you know when you touch them!!!

how high are they?

small but dangerous ones on the südschleife

Norisring. great car, high curbs.
Well, ive been racing tho lately and ... i gotta say that this kind of thing has never happened to me. I usually try not to go on them tho. And yea, as everybody says: its a reminder for your next lap or something lol.
This is now officially the curb picture thread.

#57 - JJ72
Quote from theblackrabbi :but they are part of my racing line

You decide your racing line upon the track, not the other way around.
I have watched BTCC many a time, and the cars do get close-ish to rolling at Knockhill specifically. In LFS I dont think its the kerbs that are the problem, more a combination of physics things (bouncy objects, tyres, car weight physics, suspension settings).

Lets wait and see what the latest update brings and then start mass-debate if needed.
i take back what i said

this thread is full of pure unadulterated undiluted ****ing awesome.
contributAN!

Quote from Crashgate3 :"But the walls are part of my racing line!"

funny you should mention that... wals are indeed part of my racing line... in NFS!
-
(Silverracer) DELETED by Silverracer : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ZbmdAUXCo0
#63 - STF

monza beasts
Quote from bunder9999 :403.

dont ask me why i directly copied image link :/

If you've done it so often, why not learn from your mistake?
I might be thinking outside the box here though.
Quote from Matrixi :Speaking of annoying curbs..

Now THOSE are the ones that need complaining about. This one gets me a lot.
Forget the ones that are a little too tall.
Quote from AstroBoy :If you've done it so often, why not learn from your mistake?
I might be thinking outside the box here though.

you know that saying easier said then done.....that about says it all lol...

i can race very well on that track and go pretty long races without flipping my car...but there are those other times where I'm a bit off and it just pisses me off lol.....

but yes im not giving up....lfs till i die

!!!!!!!! F@*@*@ing curbs!!!!
(292 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG