The online racing simulator
Oh snap!
Quote from TexasLTU :English: I must love this. He is "as good as Senna was", now hes "110% driver when he don't need to push". Arrogant prick.

I'm sorry mate, but you're being so childish; your avatar tops it off. But then again, you're 15 aren't you? Mood swings? :P.

Seriously though, the only people who bring/make up the whole Senna thing are the people who "hate Hamilton". As far as I know, he looked up to Senna as a great driver when he was younger, but that's it. I find it amusing when people say Hamilton has a yellow helmet so it resembles Senna's.*

Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

*Sorry if this adds fuel into the fire guys lol.
The thing is, Hamilton himself has gone on record saying his helmet is yellow (with other design features also) to resemble the Senna helmet. That's not something his haters have dreamt up.

And the Senna comparisons were first made by an enthusiastic media, hype and fanboys. It's just that the 'haters' have jumped on it because it's a stupid comparison - Senna had vastly more charisma (even before it was made extra special by his death) than Hamilton will ever have. Lewis is a product of a PR machine. Senna just wanted to be the best. Hamilton might want to be the best, but he gives the impression of being a bit brain-dead and opinionless. Yet people generally prefer 'characters' in F1 - Villeneuve (Jr and Sr), Senna, Irvine, Mansell.

Yes, Mansell. He might have had a dull voice, but you can't claim he wasn't a character on and off the track.

Vettel is the closest in modern F1, and if Sutil keeps up with comments like "'Do you know that woman?' - 'Not yet!'" then he'll become one too
-
(carey) DELETED by carey
-
(TexasLTU) DELETED by TexasLTU
Quote from DevilDare :Wow.....

Please, please, I beg of you, tell me where he himself has said "I am as good as Senna was".

Please, show me the light Mister..

Stop repeating yourself over and over again, saying exactly the same shit all the time. Shut up, we get it, you hate Hamilton.....

Quote from Deutsch RTL :"I know I am as good as Ayrton Senna" apparently stunning even seasoned British journalists present (though presumably not Peter Windsor) "don't you know I'm the best?"

"I can tell immediately where the line with the most grip is". Mocking Massa he added that being good on a wet track is not automatic for Brazilians and that Felipe in such conditions "cannot find the limit"...

Happy?
Quote from tristancliffe :The thing is, Hamilton himself has gone on record saying his helmet is yellow (with other design features also) to resemble the Senna helmet. That's not something his haters have dreamt up.

And the Senna comparisons were first made by an enthusiastic media, hype and fanboys. It's just that the 'haters' have jumped on it because it's a stupid comparison - Senna had vastly more charisma (even before it was made extra special by his death) than Hamilton will ever have. Lewis is a product of a PR machine. Senna just wanted to be the best. Hamilton might want to be the best, but he gives the impression of being a bit brain-dead and opinionless. Yet people generally prefer 'characters' in F1 - Villeneuve (Jr and Sr), Senna, Irvine, Mansell.

Yes, Mansell. He might have had a dull voice, but you can't claim he wasn't a character on and off the track.

Vettel is the closest in modern F1, and if Sutil keeps up with comments like "'Do you know that woman?' - 'Not yet!'" then he'll become one too

He went on record saying it was because his father struggled to see him in a pack of 30 karts. The fact not many drivers had yellow lids, and that yellow is easy to spot from a distance this is why he chose that colour. His dad also suggested the ribbon effect. This is it here - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9m65QuNY6L4 No doubt having yellow was an instinctive choice, but it wasnt' a straight Senna copy as some make out though a pretty pointless discussion!

McLaren no doubt put him through the PR machine but he wasn't always like that btw! It's inevitable that a kid under the media spotlight age 8 would be a bit more 'reserved' as it were. Senna never had these pressures from such an early age.
Quote from TexasLTU :Happy?

I smell pwnage. Oh wait, next thing will be, he never ever said that, it's only we fanboys again!
Quote from Intrepid :He went on record saying it was because his father struggled to see him in a pack of 30 karts.

He also went on record saying things which turned out to be false in Australia. Lying to the media is a lot easier than lying to the FIA. He's a Senna fan boy. That in itself isn't a bad thing, but in Hamilton's case it's just pretty tragic because he's never going to be a Senna. A bit off topic, but Eddie Irvine used to race with an exact replica of Senna's helmet.
Quote from tristancliffe :"'Do you know that woman?' - 'Not yet!'"

Hahah yeah, that made me laugh out loud!

Just watched the race yesterday. Nice GP with quite an unpredictable result, and tension all the way. Awesome to see Hamilton push even in the final lap, against all odds. I kinda like that "who does Button think he is, driving in front of me.. I'ma show I'm the friggin' best" attitude. Oh and no, I'm not a fan of Hamilton as such..
Too bad to see the RBR's out of the championship fight now, as I'm not a fan of Button or Barrichello either. I hope they're gonna put up a nice fight together!
All the haters are bashing Hamilton for looking up to Senna, then in the same breath, are kissing Senna's ass, claiming he was a deity.

Grow the f**k up, you stupid, stupid people. Especially you, TexasLTU.

I took a quick look at RTL's "story". The only "sources" given for this "quote" are an unnamed 'veteran British journalist' and that well-known purveyor of responsible and accurate reporting Sport-Bild.

For referential purposes, here is quotes from the alleged interview:

Quote :"I've always felt I had a connection with him, that we're somehow similar," he told Motor Sport magazine.

"I do crazy things that others wouldn't do and I feel like I have an edge, too. I feel I share something with him."

Quote :"I seem to be able to draw a lot from how he came across, in interviews and so on.

"He was such a fighter, that was the thing - I don't think he was ever one to drive half-heartedly.

"He was always looking for perfection and, yeah, he was a warrior - and that was what I loved about him."

In the interview, Hamilton talks at length about how closely he has modelled his career on Senna.

Quote :"The year before, I'd won the British [karting] championship, and got the chance to meet him. I'll never forget that," he said.

"As a kid, I was drawn to Senna because, for one thing, his driving style seemed to be different from anyone else's.

"And he seemed to be a daredevil - well, not a daredevil exactly, but he always went out of his way to… make sure he was at the front.

"Compared with all the others, he appeared never to be afraid - he seemed to me to have that little bit of an edge."

Despite his reverence for Senna, though, Hamilton recoiled from equating his ability with the Brazilian's.

Quote :"By no means have I ever suggested that I'm better than Ayrton - for me he's the king, and always will be," Hamilton said.

"If I could ever get to a point of being anywhere near as good as he was, I'd feel great."

Source: BBC News
-
(carey) DELETED by carey
Quote from dawguk :All the haters are bashing Hamilton for looking up to Senna, then in the same breath, are kissing Senna's ass, claiming he was a deity.

Grow the f**k up, you stupid, stupid people. Especially you, TexasLTU.

I took a quick look at RTL's "story". The only "sources" given for this "quote" are an unnamed 'veteran British journalist' and that well-known purveyor of responsible and accurate reporting Sport-Bild.

For referential purposes, here is quotes from the alleged interview:

In the interview, Hamilton talks at length about how closely he has modelled his career on Senna.

Despite his reverence for Senna, though, Hamilton recoiled from equating his ability with the Brazilian's.

Source: BBC News

This.
Quote from dawguk :I took a quick look at RTL's "story". The only "sources" given for this "quote" are an unnamed 'veteran British journalist' and that well-known purveyor of responsible and accurate reporting Sport-Bild.

Newspapers/sites wouldn't survive very long if they printed articles containing errors or manufactured quotes without withdrawals or printed apologies. If it was faked not only would it have to be an faked story but it would be a faked quote (which is a big difference).
Quote from amp88 :Newspapers/sites wouldn't survive very long if they printed articles containing errors or manufactured quotes without withdrawals or printed apologies. If it was faked not only would it have to be an faked story but it would be a faked quote (which is a big difference).

If it was real, and existed outside of anywhere else other than the news pages of a German website / magazine, or sites that have quoted the same source, then I would be able to find significantly more instances of the alleged conversation on the internet. As no other news agency is able to put a source to it, they haven't run it. Therefore, it's absolutely bunk.

Further to this, if you honestly believe that news agencies make their money by telling the truth, you are very much misguided.
Quote from dawguk :If it was real, and existed outside of anywhere else other than the news pages of a German website / magazine, or sites that have quoted the same source, then I would be able to find significantly more instances of the alleged conversation on the internet. As no other news agency is able to put a source to it, they haven't run it. Therefore, it's absolutely bunk.

Why would F1 Live print it if it was in any way dodgy? It's a reputable website as are others that have printed the same quotes.

Quote from dawguk :Further to this, if you honestly believe that news agencies make their money by telling the truth, you are very much misguided.

There's a slight difference between spinning a story a particular way and actually faking a direct quote. If you think these news agencies employ layers for libel cases and they just go ahead and willy nilly print faked or unsubstantiated quotes then I think it's you who is misguided.
Not really. Was announced a month or two that its very likely it will come back.

Still, great news.
Quote from amp88 :Why would F1 Live print it if it was in any way dodgy? It's a reputable website as are others that have printed the same quotes.

They are just repeating what another agency has reported. The source is dodgy, not the people that repeat the source.

Quote from amp88 :There's a slight difference between spinning a story a particular way and actually faking a direct quote. If you think these news agencies employ layers for libel cases and they just go ahead and willy nilly print faked or unsubstantiated quotes then I think it's you who is misguided.

If you want me to find and deliver source material for straight out lies, fake news, false quotes, spin and hyperbole, then please let me know, and I'll be glad to spam the **** out of this thread with links.
Quote from dawguk :They are just repeating what another agency has reported. The source is dodgy, not the people that repeat the source.

Hmmm. You sure about that, because it doesn't actually make any sense. "We're allowed to print straight out lies because someone else actually lied, not us". Got any proof of that?

Quote from dawguk :If you want me to find and deliver source material for straight out lies, fake news, false quotes, spin and hyperbole, then please let me know, and I'll be glad to spam the **** out of this thread with links.

Find some manufactured quotes that have been printed without withdrawals or apologies printed.
Quote from Intrepid :hamilton on webber hungary
Kimi on Fisi Spa

Hamilton's pass on Webber was for 2nd place on lap 5. Kimi's pass on Fisi was on lap 1 (and due to KERS).

I can't think of a time in the last several years when there was an on-track battle for the lead in the closing laps. Closest I can recall is Alonso in front of Schumi at San Marino a few years back. (But there wasn't a pass.)
Quote from DeadWolfBones :Hamilton's pass on Webber was for 2nd place on lap 5. Kimi's pass on Fisi was on lap 1 (and due to KERS).

I can't think of a time in the last several years when there was an on-track battle for the lead in the closing laps. Closest I can recall is Alonso in front of Schumi at San Marino a few years back. (But there wasn't a pass.)

Raikonnen on Fisi, Suzuka 2005.
Quote from DeadWolfBones :Ah yeah, I guess that'd be it.

So... 4 years.

Cmon it happens all the time.

Last time before that it was Magny Cours 2004 (Barrichello-Trulli)
Quote from DeadWolfBones :Ah yeah, I guess that'd be it.

So... 4 years.

Alonso on Massa in 07 in a wet race but not sure what track is was.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG