The online racing simulator
Since everyone hate Hamilton, or many hates him, then when he does ONE of his veryvey few mistakes in a race, you burn him to death.

Many many others does similar mistakes, and only thing you say is, wow nice crash, but when Hamilton does it, BURRRRRRNN, He is gay, bad driver, no brain, whatevver :S
not really when ever someone crashes people will say it straight up.

Anyway Hamilton gave it his all at Monza so it was good enough, it sems there is only one driver at mclaren really, dispite the fact kovaleinen scored 2 points today he was no where, by quilifying times he was set for the win, kovalienen is really only a qualifyer it seems then hes races self destruct or he is just slow.
Its sad to see Redbull destruct at the end of the season there title hopes are pretty much over now.
Awesome 09 debut by Liuzzi qualifying 7th with the no testing rule on hes first f1 race in years is amazing hes race performance was even more impressive with hes high fuel load he was set to probably beat hes team mate.

Driver of the day is a tossup between Rubens and Liuzzi imo.
Quote from PjFerreira :Hamilton had nothing to loose? What about the constructors championship battle against Ferrari?...
Without citing the cost of a F1 car...

He is talented and very fast.. but has much to grow yet (even being already a champion)

I recall Australia 2005 (I think) where Schumacher had a very similar accident. That was when he was a 7x WDC. It's just what happens when you push very very hard.

shit happens!
Quote from tristancliffe :I can't and won't join in with any Hamilton bashing, as his mindset was right - push; he had nothing to lose.

There was nothing to gain either though, Button was a second ahead of him and still had to be passed, Hamilton was barely any faster and had no hope of getting past Button, short of Button having a good off, in which case Hamilton would still have had time to pass him. He was running on the podium, not perfect but at least he was somewhere and stopping Kimi being up there. I can't imagine Prost, Senna or Schumacher pushing so hard on the last lap with so little to gain and taking such a big risk running over the run off zones.
I could certainly imagine Senna doing that if he was chasing a result, but out of contention for the championship. And we all know Schumacher would push until the last corner unless he was playing the points game. Prost would probably have retired, citing too much water on the track
Hamilton knew that despite being a second down, he had the Kers button and a fast car. He didn't have to make up the whole second to get a tow out of Ascari, if he could close the gap just enough out of lesmo and through the Ascari chicane to get a slipstream then he'd have a chance in to Parabolica.

Good on him for trying I say, he didn't take anyone else out with him and lost it on the ragged edge. Surely we want people to have a go.
I'm not a Hamilton fan, but he did what he had to do. Nothing to lose there, absolutely nothing. For the first time I actually hoped he would overtake someone. It would have given Barrichello 2 more point on Button.
F1 needs Hamilton, he is just that guy who You know will bring excitement to da race! Im no Hamilton fan, but Im no Hamilton hater either, hes a cool guy!
But Kimi da coolest for sure!
Quote from Lithuanian F1 site quoting hamilton : Galbūt man nebereikės spausti 130 procentų, galbūt pakaks spausti 110 procentų“

English:
Quote :Maybe I won't be needed to push 130% of my posibilities, maybe 110% will be enough.

I must love this. He is "as good as Senna was", now hes "110% driver when he don't need to push". Arrogant prick.
-
(carey) DELETED by carey
F1 isn't a popularity contest. Who gives a shit about how F1 drivers behave in interviews!
-
(carey) DELETED by carey
Quote from carey :Because how they’re perceived now will inevitably relate to the way they’re remembered.

That's bollox. Senna, back in the day, was considered a right arsehole by quite a large proportion of fans, especially British. Now he is considered an all time great of motorsport in terms of driving, and personality. Life is to short to worry about 'how you'll be remembered' because you have zero control over that!
Quote from carey :Because how they’re perceived now will inevitably relate to the way they’re remembered.

It matters not.
Hamilton is a world champion, I think he's got a right to be a bit overly confident from time to time. He seems basically pleasant to me though.

Why people care to the point of hatred I've no idea. Imagine if he pulled a Schumacher last season and ran Massa off the road after hitting a wall! Wow, it's quite a scary thought. People are consumed by these things, but forget quickly if it's someone they "love".
-
(carey) DELETED by carey
Quote from TexasLTU :English: I must love this. He is "as good as Senna was", now hes "110% driver when he don't need to push". Arrogant prick.

Wow.....

Please, please, I beg of you, tell me where he himself has said "I am as good as Senna was".

Please, show me the light Mister..

Stop repeating yourself over and over again, saying exactly the same shit all the time. Shut up, we get it, you hate Hamilton.....
I think we've established that Hamilton can do absolutely no right, whatever he does, people will slate him for it, thats not necessarily his fault all the time.

Perhaps it's because he was the young upstart that upset the apple cart, or maybe its "becoz I is black innit", or perhaps its because human beings are screwed up by their very nature and need to either evolve faster or be made extinct.

Personally I think he did the right thing to push hard, he has nothing to lose this year, but I would have backed off the last lap as there was little chance of actually catching Button, and settled for a comfortable third. Then again its probrably that attitude that can explain why I have yet to advance from the third step of the podium myself.
Just out of curiosity... when was the last time that you can recall an on-track pass for the lead in F1? I'm racking my brain and I can't think of one.
hamilton on webber hungary
Kimi on Fisi Spa
Quote from TexasLTU :English: I must love this. He is "as good as Senna was", now hes "110% driver when he don't need to push". Arrogant prick.

He did say some things that were arrogant but that isn't one of them, IMO.
Quote from aroX123 :....
Many many others does similar mistakes, and only thing you say is, wow nice crash, but when Hamilton does it, BURRRRRRNN, He is gay, bad driver, no brain, whatevver :S

Well apart from the fact that I would never use such purile language, I would have exactly the same opinion of any driver in exactly the same circumstances, (ie race and championship position), who binned it on the last lap "fighting" for a place they were never going to get.

The best racing drivers use their brain, and settle for the points.

People can interpret that as Hamilton bashing if they really want, but that would be saying a lot more about their own bias than mine.
Quote from mogster :I'm not a Hamilton fan, but he did what he had to do. Nothing to lose there, absolutely nothing. For the first time I actually hoped he would overtake someone. It would have given Barrichello 2 more point on Button.

Actually, I was gunning for him to pass Button also. For exactly the same reason.

I'm glad that Button is finaly able to show how good he can be, but in all honestly I would love Barrichello to take the championship.
Quote from Intrepid :That's bollox. Senna, back in the day, was considered a right arsehole by quite a large proportion of fans, especially British. Now he is considered an all time great of motorsport in terms of driving, and personality. Life is to short to worry about 'how you'll be remembered' because you have zero control over that!

All very true. A lot of people disliked Senna, especially after his (misinterpreted) God comment.
Best part of the race was the two Toyota's going at it...brilliant stuff.

Other than that though, race was still pretty dull for the most part!
The toyotas in fact had nothing to lose... and that was a nice fight.. very funny the images of their garage during the clash...

I will change my previous comment... congratulations to Hamilton for busting brillantly his Mclarean to the wall with 1,5 laps to go when chasing a car that was about the same pace and more then a second (that in Monza means a lot of distance) ahead...

It would be nice if he suceed... i was really hoping that he did. It would be less 2 points between Button and Rubens. But stupid actions bring stupid results...

He could be the greatest of all times, he has the age, he has the talent and he has the team. He could already be two time champion (and rookie champion!). Please, it is not (only) that people dislike him (i don't), it is just that when he screw up, he screw up big.
Quote from PjFerreira : He could be the greatest of all times, he has the age, he has the talent and he has the team. He could already be two time champion (and rookie champion!). Please, it is not (only) that people dislike him (i don't), it is just that when he screw up, he screw up big.

He may or may not become an all time great but I don't understand people's idea that somehow the greats like Senna, Schumacher etc... didn't **** up and somehow Hamilton makes bigger mistakes than anyone else!

You only have to watch Senna bin it and crash, as well as Schumacher on numerous occasions. But like with everything history removes the bad bits.

I see Hamilton's crash as a huge positive as it demonstrates that we have a driver in F1 who now isn't willing to cruise home and save their engine and gearbox. It's this very mistake that shows why Hamilton is such a good driver as mad as that sounds.

What I find somewhat surprising is that Schumacher mark II has got off much more lightly this year!

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG