The online racing simulator
I think Hamiltons crash was a stupid mistake on his part. Irrespective of his championship standing he threw away a podium finish over a non opportunity to pass Button. His realistic chance of passing Button was tiny, KERS or not.

Just one more example of why Hamilton dispite his obvious ability to drive an F1 car fast just doesn't deserve to be called a great driver. He just doesn't have the smarts. Even Whitmarsh was dancing around the issue, playing politics in the post race interview at one point he even alluded to it being the only way Hamilton knows how to drive, but trying to put a postive spin on what can only be considered a humiliating result for Hamilton.

At least Hamilton himself acknowledges it, he was very quick to appologise, though interestingly without actually stating outright that he screwed up.

Only thing that I'm not clear on, is why wasn't he classified as a DNF ?? How come officially he placed 12th? I don't get that, if it's just the rules, it's a damn stupid one. Doesn't matter if you crash out inches from the line on the last lap IMO you're a DNF. Not fair on other drivers for there to be any other classification as far as I'm concerned. No matter how many laps down they might be, surely they should all gain a position.
12th is the last placed car on the lead lap no?

why would cars 1 lap more down get to finish ahead of lewis if he completed more laps?
Quote from ATC Quicksilver :Yet drivers like Kovalainen keep on being forgiven for bad performances, get him out of that Mclaren and replace him with Sutil.

Not, havent, and wont be a Lewis fan, but thats straight up truth.

I had my laugh seeing him crash and all, but its true, watching him was more spectacular and interesting then "the other" Mclaren driver....

...forgot his name..

All i could remember was Lewis leading, the brawns flying and Kimi and Sutil just hanging in there. Forgot that other Mclaren driver.
Quote from BreadC :12th is the last placed car on the lead lap no?

why would cars 1 lap more down get to finish ahead of lewis if he completed more laps?

What if it just happened that there were only 8 cars left in the race and everyone on the track would be in points position after somone crashed out?? Does that last remaining driver not deserve the final point?

He crashed, that's the ultimate failure in a race. IMO you don't deserve any kind of placing if you crash out.
theres another rule aint there that u need to take the flag to get points
Quote from BreadC :theres another rule aint there that u need to take the flag to get points

Not so sure about that, I think Schumacher got 1 point for finishing 8th after he retired from a race, but I think that was because someone got a penalty.
hmm just looking it up...

last year 6 cars finished aus. and 7th 8th did indeed get points.

my bad
Quote from BreadC :theres another rule aint there that u need to take the flag to get points

No.
Great race, Hoping for a championship title for Barrichello, hes such a cool guy!
Too bad for hamilton, Im becoming more and more happy about him over the years, He was like all or nothing and that is friggin impressive.
But Im really happy about Raikkonen`s 3rd place, He is still da coolest F1 character.
Really a shame for Liuzzi.
And Kovaleinen is just a bloddy noob, never saw anything in that guy, he cant race!

Raikkonen ftw
fair play to hamilton for pushing.

id rarther watch a race where a driver is giving it the full beans til the finish line and throws it in the kitty litter, than a driver who plods and gets points/wins by others dropping out.

there is an exception imo, and thats button. he has to play the championship game and just keep rubins in sight, where as lewis had sweet f all to lose as his hopes of this years title is gone.

just my two cents btw.
Quote from bbman :Sunshine in the Porsche Supercup Race - not looking good for an exceptional race... KERS will win...

I laughed reading that now after the race.

Predictions for Singapore then?
Blimey, Jenson Button on the podium?
i think hamilton was bribed by briatore to crash in exactly the same way piquet did
this will allow renault to make their case that even world champions are just as rubbish as piquet and that they had nothing to do with him crashing
Quote from J@tko :
EDIT: Safety Car. Why do I have deko yelling "RACE TO THE LINE!!!!!" in my mind?

Exactly what I thought seeing that live
Entertaining race

Brawn was perfect, in a sense securing both titles today. Glad to see them giving both drivers an equal chance.

Force India's really made an astonishing progress. 2 different drivers driving hell of a race in two very different tracks. Even Liuzzi was having a very good weekend, too bad it ended that way.

Kimi once again took 110% out of Ferrari, a bit of a gifted podium but hell, I'll take it!

Lewis. I can't understand the bashing he gets. He had nothing to lose, lots to win and IMO a chance to get it. So he made a mistake. Give the man props for trying. It's not like he lost the WDC because of that.

Heikki, had a stupid strategy from the start (a mammoth gas load AND primes, what can you expect in the first laps?)

Toyota had good fighting between team-mates

I've forgotten everyithing else to say about the race already....
[QUOTE=Qurpiz;1261141]Entertaining race
Heikki, had a stupid strategy from the start (a mammoth gas load AND primes, what can you expect in the first laps?)
QUOTE]

Yes, really stupid... Rubens won the race with it (a few kg's more actually).
Quote from Joris :

Yes, really stupid... Rubens won the race with it (a few kg's more actually).

Was Rubens on primes too from the start?

I just remember finnish TV asking why the hell McLaren's putting Heikki in there with primes
Quote from Shotglass :i think hamilton was bribed by briatore to crash in exactly the same way piquet did
this will allow renault to make their case that even world champions are just as rubbish as piquet and that they had nothing to do with him crashing

To be honest currently in F1, I would not be surprised if that was true
Quote from Qurpiz :Was Rubens on primes too from the start?

I just remember finnish TV asking why the hell McLaren's putting Heikki in there with primes

Rubens started on primes, jenson on options (if I recall correctly)
I can't and won't join in with any Hamilton bashing, as his mindset was right - push; he had nothing to lose. Shit happens, but it won't exactly cost him a title or anything. He's certainly driving better than ever in the last half dozen races

Great race from the Brawns, perfect use of their car.

Red Bull still have a big chance, but it's going to be tough for them!!! (Understatement of the year)
Quote from lamerr :
But Im really happy about Raikkonen`s 3rd place, He is still da coolest F1 character.

Raikkonen ftw

+1000

you know when someone is special just because he eats an Ice Cream & A Coke instead of driving a car...

congrats to kimi and sutil !

go rubens, i want u to take teh title!
Hamilton had nothing to lose? What about the constructors championship battle against Ferrari?...
Without citing the cost of a F1 car...

He is talented and very fast.. but has much to grow yet (even being already a champion)

(I think) The Mclarean strategy was based on Heikki with his "mammoth gas load" and Kers being able to start well and hold the greater number of cars behind him to help Hamilton open the gap he needed to win.

Sadly i think he was just a pawn today... and it didn't work obviously.
Kovi=fail again , sorry its time for him to wander off and let Sutil or someone else have the McMerc drive.

And WTF is wrong with RBR ? They are going backwards with there car big time

they have thrown this season away and Renault haven't help there cause either i guess.
Quote from PjFerreira :Hamilton had nothing to loose? What about the constructors championship battle against Ferrari?...

Actually a third place in the constructors isn't really something THAT important, not like they both needed the price money.

For both Ferrai and Mclaren it's a pretty trival season, they minds are on 2010 anyway.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG