The online racing simulator
Quote from Furryappleseed :because we all know the finish line is on the exit of turn 1.

Sadly that's a thing most people belives these days
Quote from Furryappleseed :because we all know the finish line is on the exit of turn 1.:insane:

Given how short the races are this isn't that far from the truth, especially on AS2 and SO4 (two of my favorite tracks actually). It's pretty easy in both to stay ahead so long as you a) survive T2 and b) don't get wrecked lapping re-joiners.

Of course if the guy behind you is a lot better than you you're doomed no matter what track or tactic you try.
AS2 is a 5 lap race has ample time for you to do what you need to. SO4 is one of those tracks that many people just don't do well at, so you can be safe until people string out then just pick them off. It usually takes me 2 races before I can actually start to race for a win.

Never a reason to dive into first corners all wreckless.
Yeah I just want to give everyone heads up that we found people faking Conedodgers teamtag and drivers name ingame on the FOX server. I just found one guy today using my racername on there so if there's someone with a CD tag on there wrecking or just being retarded, it's prolly not one of us.

Good server btw!
Quote from Furryappleseed :AS2 is a 5 lap race has ample time for you to do what you need to. SO4 is one of those tracks that many people just don't do well at, so you can be safe until people string out then just pick them off. It usually takes me 2 races before I can actually start to race for a win.

I dunno, through the sweeping left-right after T1 the person behind will have to let up if they're too close, then it's hard to stay in the draft on the back straight. It's definitely easier to stay in front than it is to pass, unlike some tracks. Blackwood GP for example is incredibly easy to pass on.

Quote from Furryappleseed :Never a reason to dive into first corners all wreckless.

I fully agree with this, but I'm just pointing out that some races (especially 5-7 minute sprints) are won at T1 barring a huge mistake or noob backmarkers.
You have to compensate for the lack of downforce. Turn in early and use the inside curb to help turn the car.

Even if you do choose to just hang back a little, you make it sound like once you have lost the draft that the race is over. If I am half a second behind a guy and can't catch that up through just going a bit faster then I prob should not be in front of him/her.
Quote from Furryappleseed :You have to compensate for the lack of downforce. Turn in early and use the inside curb to help turn the car.

Even if you do choose to just hang back a little, you make it sound like once you have lost the draft that the race is over. If I am half a second behind a guy and can't catch that up through just going a bit faster then I prob should not be in front of him/her.

Yeah, I said that if the guy behind is faster than the guy in front isn't gonna keep his spot. If you're racing against someone of equal caliber then losing that half a second is pretty harsh in a 5 lap race. Tracks like BL1 or KY2 or AS1 (just to name a few that are in the Fox Junkies rotation) don't have this problem.

I watched a race between [SR] Aragorth and [SR] Firedragon and they posted nearly identical lap times every single lap, but were separated by probably 5 meters more than how close you need to be to draft someone. Aragorth was in front at the first split by roughly that distance and he won the race by roughly that distance. He in effect won the race in T1 (he made a great dive that got him like 3 positions I think).

I'm not saying that it's impossible to catch someone, especially if the guy in front is slower, just that saying "the race isn't won in T1" is not as untrue as you want it to be.
man FM FOX server is great )
if u don't like it go drive somewhere else
(FM) is the among the best, if not THE best multi-host, multi server league racing team in LFS. I wish they had an (FM) FBM server, that car is like perfect for short technical tracks where precision is the key over speed.

Just remember guys, in racing ya win some and ya lose some, but the real competition doesn't come from others, it comes from yourself. I noticed anytime I shift focus from driving to catching the guy up ahead, or staying ahead of the guy behind me, it always messes me up then mistakes are made. Just drive to beat your own personal best each time, and you'll always be a winner.
yeah i wish they have an FBM server and have like a license system thing? like they used to have on CTRA to keep the new racers out of FOX servers until they have enough experience
-
(Rocket47) DELETED by Rocket47
zoom you do drive wrecklessly im sure if it wasn't too intentional its only a day ban.

westhill is a tight track with FOX... one tiny mistake and half the field is in the grass
Quote from major_syphillis :

westhill is a tight track with FOX... one tiny mistake and half the field is in the grass

I know what you mean. So much of it is full throttle and that results in the field becoming very bunched up. That means one small error from a driver and all hell can break loose. A bit like lap 1 at Spa this weekend.
the server would be fun to race at if u dont get punted out of the race everytime and the admins dont do a damn thing. its no fun
Quote from FAburner :the server would be fun to race at if u dont get punted out of the race everytime and the admins dont do a damn thing. its no fun

It's allways a big grid on this server. And most of the time you get a few fast drivers then a large number of average-to fast drivers and you allways get a few newbies. But it doesn't matter how fast you are, in a big grid races it only matters how well can you predict things and stay out of trouble and try to finish in the top places. Starting from the back of the grid with 20+ cars in front of you...you know it's gonna be mayhem! So take it slowly, observe the drivers in front and behind you, you'll know very soon which drivers should be (over)taken with care. Once you get in the top 10 or 5, it's usually much better racing with less accidents.
But still you will get crashed into and whatnot. It happens, that's racing and everybody is there to try to finish as high as possible. And I know it can be very frustrating if you get crashed out of a race few times in a row
As for the admins, they are one of the best out there, but I could say they used to keep the server cleaner than they do now. But maybe it's just me
TBH, it's the worst server i've ever raced on, due to me being a newbie rank they treat me like a peice of shit.
I got banned this afternoon for something that wasn't my fault. As soon as people see someone up for vote ban it's game over
Quote from tinky winky :TBH, it's the worst server i've ever raced on, due to me being a newbie rank they treat me like a peice of shit.

No. You just need to have "Clean" on your safety ratio, and no one will say a thing unless you clearly did something bad on purpose. Imo, it's one of the best servers i've ever raced on. Glad to have it around.

Btw, if you're worried about crashers on SO circuits, just go to the back and let the crashing happen in front of you. Generally you'll end up on the top 10 easily.
What LFB said.

If you have a bad safety rank and somebody votes to ban you, other racers will vote. Sometimes for a reason, but I've seen some undeserved bans too, so...meh :P
after probably a year absence from lfs, i tried fox junkies, and its great ecause its quite similar to (sadly ended) ctra- big grids and track changes...
i felt "that" racing rush again, yikes!
Man I love fox-junkies too, had some great battles.

But I still believe it is impossible that when you start at p4, you enter t1 very carefully, but all of a sudden you start to fly around and get kicked of spinning too much

I think it should be possible that in lap 1, whenever you crash into someone NO MATTER WHAT EXCUSE and that happens 3 times you get a day ban.

If someone crashes you he will get a point on that cointer.

That way make it really important to take good care in t1. Now it's just 'well if I crash I don't care'.
another problem can be a bit of lag. if youre around 1 meter from other car, lag glitch can make mayhem in splitsecond.
my problem was that most of time i hadnt lag, an then occasionaly I lagged pretty much which resulted with above mentioned....
lag can be a problem sometimes, but you can always just give a little bit of space infront

IMO, best server i ever played on LFS. had some great races around, some battles at so4 and bl1 were ridiculously great, had one race on bl1 where we had 3 wide on every lap at the backstraight and no one ever touched or crashed
James, calling Failure names, and saying he is only an oval racer is bs and you know it..

You always seem to get banned from public races, due usually to your aggressive behaviour both on and off the track...

Calm down mate, treat people with respect and you might get some back...
This thread is closed

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG