The online racing simulator
FM FOX Junkies - Best ever big grid racing?
Last night at about 10:30 (BST) I joined the FM Fox Junkies server. It was completely full and I was at the back of the 32 car grid expecting absolute mayhem.

Inevitably there were a couple of incidents ahead of me in the first couple of corners (AS Club) but everyone around me seemed pretty sensible and most people made it through. Worked my way up to 12th.

Started 16th in the second race and expected it to be even more hectic in the middle of the pack without the luxury of dropping back to leave space as I had in the first race. Again, a T1 incident squeezed everyone but again, drivers around me were sensible and we all got through, wheel to wheel. Finished 8th.

This public racing was every bit as good as the standard I've seen in OWRL (even better than some races). It was getting close to GFC standard. After two intense races I was buzzing.

So, well done FM for running this server, and well done to every driver I raced with. Brilliant!
#2 - Joris
I have been there a lot over the last couple of weeks. The driving standard is decent considering the full grids.
I was driving there too few weeks ago , and cant say same
#4 - J@tko
You either get amazingly clean racing or simply shocking racing. I've had some amazing races there, and some **** ones.
#5 - 5haz
Usually that server is carnage, last time I went there at least 3 people decided to take T1 at full throttle just for fun, none of them were kicked or banned.
#6 - Joris
Well, as with any pickup server, The standard will differ from session to session. You will always have drivers incapable of interaction. Or children who go "WTF" or (in case of very religious people) "OMG" for every misfortune.

In my opinion the SR-fox server is better adminned but for some reason it does not attract the crowds like the FM-server does.
Quote from Joris :
In my opinion the SR-fox server is better adminned but for some reason it does not attract the crowds like the FM-server does.

It's usually not as busy but if a few of us head over there we can get a group of 10-15 racers which his usually really nice for some close racing.
#8 - J@tko
Come on there now. 5 people out of 30 got through T1.
Quote from J@tko :Come on there now. 5 people out of 30 got through T1.

I like those odds.
I saw this server the other day, tried to join and was shocked to find that I was banned after never even going on the server! I really would love to race there.
Yeah - the SR server would always be my server of choice as SR were born out of the GFC. But as you say, often there's not really the numbers on there for really exciting racing.
#13 - DeKo
spend most of my time on the FM server. without sounding big headed, im often at the front where the racing is usually excellent.
Quote from zeugnimod :

That's not exactly true.

Oh - in that case I won't bother with that server then lol
Quote from benjie.13 :I saw this server the other day, tried to join and was shocked to find that I was banned after never even going on the server! I really would love to race there.

Were you able to connect and then got banned pretty fast, or weren't you even able to connect? If you came on the server:
Do you have a replay from that incident? If so, please send it, so that we can figure out what happend.
Otherwise: Have you been racing on other FM-Servers recently (i.e. the oval ones) and got a ban there. If so, it is pretty much likely that you got banned from all FM-Servers for a certain period of time..
At South City and Aston I had my best races ever in LFS and on this Server.
Kudos to FM!
Quote from DeKo :spend most of my time on the FM server. without sounding big headed, im often at the front where the racing is usually excellent.

Still remember that Mclaren-Senna 1-2 from us? Ahh, good stuff it was... The best lap time was also the same (Westhill)

But yeah. First few races from the back of grid, usually I get taken out. But couple races later, when more at the front, the racing is awesome
Quote from Gentlefoot :Oh - in that case I won't bother with that server then lol

We banned you anyway for telling lies.
Yeah, well.

I got full-grid racing "experience" on Fern Bay Green circuit. Was on middle-section and got hit behind before t1. Then said sorry and one epic hero who i accidentally hit got blaming me for being "t1 crasher" and started to vote for banning me. Of course everyone else without knowing heck of the situation joins this noobs vote and... hobla, banned for 24hours. Great racing sometimes but that kick-ban-standard drives me mad.

-unhappy racer from FM FoX JunKIEzZS!?!
First race i had there was on AS Club (my best FOX track and fav) and there were either some afks on the grid or some people REALLY can't launch a FOX and got caught in a wreck that took out maybe 15+ cars. But i did notice something strange on my map.

A whole blob of yellow going through T1 straight as a arrow. A nice long line of yellow is always a good sight on a big grid / full server.
Yeah I setup our FOX Racing before anyone else, took the time to configure airio and the combos, we made a webpage with championships, appointed an admin team with a report system and dealt with the massive grids. Everything was running great, then our servers died for a few days, then FM FOX Junkies appeared and seems to have taken over... The same happened to our GTi server aswell, only LR Race Centre took over..

The servers are still running as is everything else, but instead of the mad crazy big grids, with the ensuing crashes and blame games, we get a more manageable number with cleaner racing...

But good luck to FM, as I know how much work it can be trying to make the huge grids clean

The choice is yours

http://www.sonicrealmsracing.co.uk/foxracing.php
http://www.sonicrealmsracing.co.uk/gtiracing.php
#22 - wild
I'm usually on the FM servers when playing LFS I must say I have lots of respect for them. They are very friendly and have a great attitude towards other players. If you respect them then they respect you simple

They also give you tips with your driving and setups, I thoroughly enjoy racing there
Quote from wild : If you respect them then they respect you simple

QFT. Great bunch of lads I had the opportunity to be with for quite a while. Enjoyed every bit of it. Good luck with the server. Been on it, and it might be a bit hectic sometimes, but thats to be expected from public pickup racing.
Good big grid server. Unfortunate Alias..

Usually good quality racing and a decent bunch, however on joining earlier when the server was very busy I was actually banned just because of my alias (see left).. which is pathetic especially during a clean lap. Also the very first time I've ever been banned or even kicked from an LFS server and also for no apparent reason.

If I was voted off to clear a space please don't vote kick/ban drivers to get a slot because you can't be bothered to wait. Fair enough if the driver is actually driving without regard for the race and the drivers in it e.g. a wrecker. I'm proud to be one of the drivers who usually survives the full grid races and usually comes in around 4th - 6th position (though not quick enough for podium) hence I was pissed off for being kicked purely because of my alais!!!

Anyways, unbanned now and nickname changed in the hope of it not happening again lol
-
(robthereckless) DELETED by robthereckless
this is my favourite server

only because its the only server i dont lag out from
This thread is closed

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG