The online racing simulator
I would buy this, but RROD means I can't afford to!
Uh oh, more fuel for fanboy fire
I tells ya, I almost died laughing. And it's as if the RRoD costs anyone but Microsoft money...

Still, in terms of sim release dates, at least it's likely we'll get Forza 3 before the next console generation comes around. ZING!
Quote from Dajmin :I tells ya, I almost died laughing. And it's as if the RRoD costs anyone but Microsoft money...

Still, in terms of sim release dates, at least it's likely we'll get Forza 3 before the next console generation comes around. ZING!

Yea, it's better to rush it and put a timewarp feature, and xbox owners will be happy! ZING ZING!
If we could develop a way to take all the energy of all the fanboy wars in the world, we certainly wouldn't need to worry about oil.
You mean harnessing all the hot air? It would cause an overload of the grid and take out all the electronics on the planet.
Quote from Dajmin :You mean harnessing all the hot air? It would cause an overload of the grid and take out all the electronics on the planet.

Lets do it then, tell ya what, the internet has a lot of answer for, can you imagine the future generations of socially inept people?.
Quote from danowat :If we could develop a way to take all the energy of all the fanboy wars in the world, we certainly wouldn't need to worry about oil.

But a timewarp? I just heard about it, and i lol'd
Quote from Boris Lozac : But a timewarp? I just heard about it, and i lol'd

I thought that too at first. Then i thought 'well it's only the same as pressing START/RESET' which we all do occasionally, except not as annoying. And you don't HAVE to use it.
I assume it'll make time trials and stuff invalid, or at least be limited in use. And I can't imagine it being used online since you'd annoy everyone in the world

But it could come in very useful when working out setups or braking points. I doubt I'll use it outside of that.
Quote from Boris Lozac : But a timewarp? I just heard about it, and i lol'd

What's so funny about it? Your able to enable/disable it, so its not like its there all the time annoying you.

As for me, i wont be using it in short races, but i will most likely use it for endurance races. So many times have i got to the last few laps on an endurance race on FM2, only to make one tiny mistake and lose my entire lead.
Quote from Nathan_French_14 :What's so funny about it? Your able to enable/disable it, so its not like its there all the time annoying you.

Well it doesn't fit with the whole "realistic" aspect Forza is trying to be doesn't it.. It's more for the new NFS or something.
So what do you think about the rubberband effect in GT5P then (which might well be in the final GT5 version aswell)? So much for realism...

Both are games. Both are supposed to be fun to play. And i know i'll get both of them, and have lots of fun.
It's to make it easier for people to learn the ropes. Not everyone is coming at this from an experienced sim racer's point of view - some people will pick it up having never played a realistic driving game before, and will probably fly off at every corner for a while.

This option lets them learn how to drive in a realistic way without being forced to restart races all the time. It's hand-holding, but it's a little more interactive than the one-button driving option.
Quote from jibber :So what do you think about the rubberband effect in GT5P then (which might well be in the final GT5 version aswell)? So much for realism...

What's that?

I guess that timewarp is ok for practice or something, but for races, timetrials?..
Okay, so you don't like it. Then don't use it.
Quote from Boris Lozac :What's that?

I guess that timewarp is ok for practice or something, but for races, timetrials?..

When the opposition gets so far behind you, there automatically speeded up slightly, so that they are able to catch up with you. When they catch up with you, they go back to normal speed. The same happens to the opposition infront of you, exept it slows them down until you catch up. Thats what the rubberband effect is.

Btw, i really dont see why your hating the rewind feature so much? It will help newcomers that are trying Sim's, and it can be disabled anyway, so whats the big deal?
Quote from Nathan_French_14 :When the opposition gets so far behind you, there automatically speeded up slightly, so that they are able to catch up with you. When they catch up with you, they go back to normal speed. The same happens to the opposition infront of you, exept it slows them down until you catch up. Thats what the rubberband effect is.

And to make things even more clear... (what Nathan said is correct)

If you are leading, you will notice less power and grip. You'll see your laptimes getting longer, can't hold grip in corners at speeds where you were fine before, etc. While the people in the back can run through corners faster than usual, being provided with some magical grip.

And the worst part about it, it doesn't happen in singleplayer... it happens online, where it should be a fair competition.
-
(Wenom) DELETED by Wenom
It happens ONLINE?! Wow, that must be really annoying to get ahead of everyone, only to be constantly overtaken. :doh:
Quote from jibber :

And the worst part about it, it doesn't happen in singleplayer... it happens online, where it should be a fair competition.

Blah, you're kidding right? (haven't played GT5p online).. And i never said GT5 is the greatest either..
Quote from Nathan_French_14 :It happens ONLINE?! Wow, that must be really annoying to get ahead of everyone, only to be constantly overtaken. :doh:

I'm sure it's as likely that timewarp will work online as it is that every other single online game ever has allowed you to pause the action whilst you answer the phone.

Unless someone went mental.
Quote from sinbad :I'm sure it's as likely that timewarp will work online as it is that every other single online game ever has allowed you to pause the action whilst you answer the phone.

Unless someone went mental.

Nathan was talking about the "rubberband" effect in GT, not the rewind feature in FM.
I dont think Rewind will get added to multiplayer.

Think about it. For your car to be "timewarped" back to a good spot, it would surely mean all the other players would also be "timewarped" back to a certain spot. If however, it only affected the one guy who was doing it, it still would not work. I could only imagine it rewinding you back to a spot, only for it to put you on the racing line resulting in your car being smashed into. I seriously doubt Turn 10 would be so stupid to put the rewind feature in Multiplayer.

I may be wrong though, although i hope i am not.
Quote from Nathan_French_14 :I dont think Rewind will get added to multiplayer.

Think about it. For your car to be "timewarped" back to a good spot, it would surely mean all the other players would also be "timewarped" back to a certain spot. If however, it only affected the one guy who was doing it, it still would not work. I could only imagine it rewinding you back to a spot, only for it to put you on the racing line resulting in your car being smashed into. I seriously doubt Turn 10 would be so stupid to put the rewind feature in Multiplayer.

I may be wrong though, although i hope i am not.

on one of their e3 vids they said that rewind would only be for single player and hotlapping.
Quote from mutt107 :on one of their e3 vids they said that rewind would only be for single player and hotlapping.

Well thats better then. I can only see it getting abused in Hotlapping though, unless theres a limit on how many times you can use it. Saying that, i dont hotlap in FM2, so i doubt i will in FM3.

Forza Motorsports 3
(3388 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG