My first car - What's your recommendations?
(544 posts, closed, started )
Quote from pearcy_2k7 :Cause your think you got it all planned out before you've even got it for every car. Like "First im going to do this but only when insurance is cheap but i don't really like that engine anymore so i might stick a lawnmower engine in there, i heard they are realiable and cheap to run but not enough bhp so i might put a Veyron engine in there, then im going to put it on stilts so i can walk underneath it when i have passed my GCSE for walking under cars with a cowboy hat on". It almost stfu worthy.

WTF are you on. I just don't want to step into any car. I want to get a car I like which is good for a first car. I'm sorry if I like cars and just don't see them as a way to get around like others do.

One thing, why don't you STFU and get out of my thread? Don't get all pissy after this reply either as you've basically asked for such a reply.

Even when Tristan posts in here he actually says what the car is like and whats not so good about it.
I just find you annoying, yes you might like cars and so do i and im also thinking about modding mine when i get it but atleast my ideas are actually realistic, yours aren't for a first car. Then your like "in a couple of years when i can handle it" you'll still probably smash it when you have more power in a car it can make it totally different that 2 years can't account for, you just have to not be a dick. But instead your saying "when i can handle it" when you should be saying "when ive grown up a bit and don't drive like an idiot". If you think you can make a 205 handle better than an evo in the corners then your really dreaming, how would you know anyway? Have you ever driven either of them or been in either of them?
Quote from pearcy_2k7 :I just find you annoying, yes you might like cars and so do i and im also thinking about modding mine when i get it but atleast my ideas are actually realistic, yours aren't for a first car. Then your like "in a couple of years when i can handle it" you'll still probably smash it when you have more power in a car it can make it totally different that 2 years can't account for, you just have to not be a dick. But instead your saying "when i can handle it" when you should be saying "when ive grown up a bit and don't drive like an idiot". If you think you can make a 205 handle better than an evo in the corners then your really dreaming, how would you know anyway? Have you ever driven either of them or been in either of them?

You find me annoying? You're a fine one to talk.

Just because I don't put my full thoughts in here, I just put it in brief form really.

I know how well 205s can go. I know someone with a turbo'd one running just over 200bhp and it will leave his m3 evo in the twistys. Also have seen an Mi16 powered 205 chase Evo's around a track and if it was wide enough, would have easily passed the evo's.
Right....
Quote from sam93 :WTF are you on. I just don't want to step into any car. I want to get a car I like which is good for a first car. I'm sorry if I like cars and just don't see them as a way to get around like others do.

One thing, why don't you STFU and get out of my thread? Don't get all pissy after this reply either as you've basically asked for such a reply.

Even when Tristan posts in here he actually says what the car is like and whats not so good about it.

I think what Pearcy is trying to say, is that your dreaming with your future plans. Everytime you have suggested a car, your always saying things like "i might do this engine swap once insurance has come down abit" or "im gonna buy one of these i think, then i'll get it remapped" (I lol'ed at remapping a 1.6 btw :razz. At the end of the day, you should just concentrate on getting the funds together for a car, and enjoy it! Your getting ahead of yourself by talking about all the stuff about you want to do to a car which as of now, you aren't even close to owning yet. Your not 17 until a good few months yet, and you wont pass your test until a month or two until after then.

Also, i think its abit silly of you to dismiss some cars that people are suggesting. Like for example, some of use suggested an MX5. You instantly threw that back in our face saying that they all leak, which is BS.

Tristan suggested a Polo. You threw that back in his face saying that you dont like them, when in reality, your not going to get anything better.

Just forget about this whole "First Car" business for a few months, and wait until your closer to getting your getting your licence. I've said this before, and i'll say it again. Things like the price of fuel/insurance/tax are going to change by February next year, so you may as well wait. Doing research beforehand is great, but banging on about on about modding this or that, or buying that and doing this is abit silly.
Meh. I can't even be assed to type out a proper reply. This really isn't the best place to ask about cars. I'll put a thread up on the car club I'm part of in a couple of months.
Quote from sam93 :Meh. I can't even be assed to type out a proper reply. This really isn't the best place to ask about cars. I'll put a thread up on the car club I'm part of in a couple of months.

You go do that.

I think Max Power have a forum. You could try there?
Nah, its called street stylers southwest now.
Quote from tristancliffe :I think Max Power have a forum. You could try there?

I may try that lol.

Quote from pearcy_2k7 :Nah, its called street stylers southwest now.

There isn't just modified civics on there. There is someone on there with a lambo. Some with a track viper which is currently being built, few cars like that on there.

I hate the stereotype of such clubs.
Oh I see...

<googles to their homepage>

<laughs a lot>

Edit: You really want to learn about cars from Max Power. They probably know even less than Street Stylists (which sounds like a barbers).

You can give the stupidest family in the world a million pounds, but they'll still be the stupidest family in the world

To prove tristans point! Man city footballer, he has money, doesn't mean he isn't a f'ki idiot.

You can't base a whole club from 1 person that owns a Lambo. I bet alot of people on Max Power have expensive cars too.
Quote from pearcy_2k7 :

To prove tristans point! Man city footballer, he has money, doesn't mean he isn't a f'ki idiot.

You can't base a whole club from 1 person that owns a Lambo. I bet alot of people on Max Power have expensive cars too.

LOL! He's got the matching hat and hoody too.

Quote from pearcy_2k7 :

Ha ha, classic! He missed the sills when he cleaned it too!
I'm learning about cars on my own until when I hopefully get into Uni and do Motorsport Engineering and Design. Hopefully want to go to the Swansea Metropolitan University which was the first place to offer such course.
Edit: That R8 is ****ing hideous.
Do you really think Motorsport Engineering and Design will teach you about cars? They teach you about engineering, and instead of doing your aerodynamics lessons with a picture of a plane, they do it with a picture of a car. 95% of the course is the same as the Civil, Mechanical and Aeronautical engineering.
Quote from sam93 :I'm not learning about cars from street stylers. Yes, there are some people on there who know there stuff, a few mechanical engineers on there also. I'm learning about cars on my own until when I hopefully get into Uni and do Motorsport Engineering and Design. Hopefully want to go to the Swansea Metropolitan University which was the first place to offer such course.

Street Stylers Southwest is yes, a modified car club but they are also keen car enthusiasts.

Edit: That R8 is ****ing hideous.

This is what im talking about, its good to have ambitions but you go over the top everytime planning every detail, all these plans you have, your going to have a very busy life...
What happened to creating your own software company or whatever you said lollll
Quote from pearcy_2k7 :This is what im talking about, its good to have ambitions but you go over the top everytime planning every detail, all these plans you have, your going to have a very busy life...
What happened to creating your own software company or whatever you said lollll

It's very good to have ambitions so you know what you want in life and have something to work towards. FYI actually, Swansea Metropolitan Uni is a very good place to do motorsport engineering at, thats why I would like to go there, I'm started sixth form next week so I'm really on the first stage of my life, I need to pass these next two years to at least try and get into Uni.

I was thinking about being a programmer and was thinking if I was really that interested in it, I would be programming a bit now which I'm not. You have to be very interested to go far in programming. I've been interested in motorsport and cars since I can remember, so I might aswell make something out of it.
Quote from sam93 :There is much difference in the price of the premium for a 1L Corsa and a 1.6 car. A 1L will be about what, £1200 a yr to insure and a 1.6 is about £1600. £400 difference for a better car. Not a bad investment in my eyes.

You can get a 1L Corsa for under or just over £1000. Not that you'd want to, have a crash in a Mk1 Corsa and you're probobly gonna die.
This thread is closed

My first car - What's your recommendations?
(544 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG