The online racing simulator
Good Idea. I should do that =D
Powerrr
I'm sure this has been said a million times, but still. Every time I play LFS it bothers me that XR-GT the is very underpowered. It has about 140 horses and it could use some more for some real drifting.
300+ would be fun I guess .
Quote from CharlieSpeed :I'm sure this has been said a million times, but still. Every time I play LFS it bothers me that XR-GT the is very underpowered. It has about 140 horses and it could use some more for some real drifting.
300+ would be fun I guess .

so buy the game and drive the XRT.
Quote from GenesisX : set up a program in a variety of servers for demo-ers, where everytime you pit and get new tyres, refuel, you pay maybe 5 cents, which goes towards an S2 license, for demo people of course.

How about you set a jar next to your computer and every time you pit or get new tyres, refuel, you have to put 5 cents in!!!

Edit: no offense against your post, just, i think it would be better to keep the server full
Quote from bunder9999 :so buy the game and drive the XRT.

The XRT doesnt quite do it for me to be honest, don't know why really. I just love the normal GT but it needs more power, thats all.
Quote from Shadowww :FZ5. Laggy turbo's suck.

FZ5 could well be an american car. Lots of power but no ability to go round turns at all.
Quote from Deutschland2007 :FZ5 could well be an american car. Lots of power but no ability to go round turns at all.

He was talking about drifting. Drifting with american pussycars like Dodge Viper, which has over 9000 (unneeded) bhp engine could be done pretty easily.
Quote from CharlieSpeed :The XRT doesnt quite do it for me to be honest, don't know why really. I just love the normal GT but it needs more power, thats all.

Don't know what you are talking about. The XRT is by far perfect for drifting every track in the game, especially the S1 tracks.
I love the FZ5 too. It needs to be driven either really carefully (if you're a scared little girl) or like you know it's trying to kill you and you don't care (for real men)
I know this could sound strange but i know there are ppl that want to do this so why not use the physics engine of LFS and use that to make another game? :P Just my toughts
Because you don't just take a proprietary game engine and make another game on top of it.
Live for Speed Underground or something would sound nice. The LFS physics engine combined with NFS Underground 1/2, and can be bought aside for those who have S2. However somebody has to make the game, and the devs already has a lot on their hands right now. And it has to be compatible with future versions of the physics engine.
I would support something like this as a server-side tool for leagues, but not as a per-car adjustable item. And i justify this statement with the idea of changing Engine specs for leagues, and offering multiple engine specs as is done in MOE and was done in CTRA with engine air restriction. Multiclass racing without relying on engine air restriction would be well recieved if my experience and memory serves me. Not relying on intake restriction would allow league or server administrators to adjust power of a class up or down (within reason).

How this would be integrated with current setups i'm not sure, possibly by after selecting your car. This also skirts the issue that we would always end up with everyone running the same specs per-course. And in addition unless decided otherwise by the devs, only the default spec would be tracked on LFSW

Just some idle thoughts.

Engine Tuning and Car Tweaking...
(139 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG