The online racing simulator
Quote from mcintyrej :unless they do a G25 - G27 trade up deal. (Trade in your G25, get a G27 for £50 or so)

I would hit that if such is true.
Quote from diablo21 :wheel is thicker.

Doesn't look thicker to me, compared to the 25 right next to me.

By the way, who's that in your sig?! Me likes.
Quote from Stiggie :Doesn't look thicker to me, compared to the 25 right next to me.

By the way, who's that in your sig?! Me likes.

He has no sig?

I wouldn't care the slightest, really I mean it, if this is just the same wheel but with 4 more buttons and a LED thingy. If it has a proper shifter, and better pedals or FFB, or just the build quality, then I'd care. But it seems like it's the same, so waste of money.
Yeah I really think the pictures are fake. Why would they REMOVE a feature (sequential)?
the shifter would be stronger if it was just a 6 speed so that might be why
i could swear i've seen that LED thingy before as a third party mod... can't seem to find it now, but i'm sure it's out there.
Quote from bunder9999 :i could swear i've seen that LED thingy before as a third party mod... can't seem to find it now, but i'm sure it's out there.

i think ive seen one that doesnt come from both sides, that it goes from left to right istead of centering from both sides
Quote from MijnWraak :Yeah I really think the pictures are fake.

Already earlier GTplanet claimed they're not. If they still turn out fake then someone has way too much spare time.
its fake
i typed in the link that is in the pictures link bar
the site comes up without the g27..

grts
Quote from kiss me :its fake
i typed in the link that is in the pictures link bar
the site comes up without the g27..

grts

erm cause they took it off
This makes me laugh... why would anyone waste all that time faking such a (relatively) niche product?!

It looks great to me (having not bought a G25!). Love the lights and extra buttons.
Quote from ted209 :This makes me laugh... why would anyone waste all that time faking such a (relatively) niche product?!

to stir controversy and get nerds all hyped about a new product... except this thing looks like a step backwards instead of forwards...

edit: i have to mention, all these pictures are the same ones posted back in november... nothing has changed here, and i'm still calling "fake".
Quote from Luke.S :the shifter would be stronger if it was just a 6 speed so that might be why

The only way the shifter would be stronger (as in not breaking all the fecking time) would be if they moved the connections for the wires. The problem is that the block for the wires to connect to, is at the bottom of the shifters shaft, so it gets thrown about alot when people are putting the cars into gear. Therefore, removing the sequential feature would make no difference whatsoever.
why would logitech release it on the spanish site, and never show it on the american or uk site and then delete it from spanish site. I mean come one guys, avent you seen al the PS3's before the actual reveal at E3. Wait for Leipzig to pass, if it hasnt been revealed then. I would say fake logitech site thingy, its so easy to photoshop the logitech side in foto's and just copy paste the old pictures on it. I dont trust this shit
Quote from bjoerk :why would logitech release it on the spanish site, and never show it on the american or uk site and then delete it from spanish site. I mean come one guys, avent you seen al the PS3's before the actual reveal at E3. Wait for Leipzig to pass, if it hasnt been revealed then. I would say fake logitech site thingy, its so easy to photoshop the logitech side in foto's and just copy paste the old pictures on it. I dont trust this shit

Not even photoshop, actually edit the HTML of the page itself and just change the URL bar.
Quote from bunder9999 :to stir controversy

It could use FFB in the pedals and the shifter.
You'd simply need to push a button to switch shifter mode.
It's real. I just couldn't talk about it until we announced it - which just happened. Even though you've been discussing it speculatively since what seems like Christmas 2008.

My name is Chris and I'm a product manager at Logitech. Among other products, I've been working on wheels (including the Driving Force Pro, Driving Force GT, G25 and now the G27) for about the last nine years. I've posted a longer version of what I'm about to write on http://blog.logitech.com, but here are the high points of the new wheel:

The force feedback transmission now has helical (diagonal) gears instead of spur (straight) gears. This significantly reduces the amount of noise and increases the smoothness of turning over the G25. There are, or should be, two different sites with reviews that I am hoping show the difference in sound side-by-side.

The pedals are largely unchanged except for two items. First, the brake and clutch have had the height of their standoffs increased by about 13mm. Second, there are additional threaded holes drilled in the pedal arms which allow the pedal faces to be moved left and right. Together these changes make heel and toe much easier.

The internals of the shifter have been tightened up and feel much better than the G25's. There is no sequential mode because the sequential mode hardware contributed to the way the G25 shifter felt in 6-speed mode.

The wheel works with PC, PS2, and PS3. All games that support the G25 should work with the G27 as well.

The shift indicator lights are already supported in a few games. GT5 Prologue is not one of them. It is impossible for me to say what other games might have support in the future because it is up to the game developer to announce support for hardware features, not the hardware manufacturer.

And finally, the wheel has four additional buttons on its face. This was obvious from the pictures, but it's a difference so there you go.

I'll answer what questions I can if you want to ask. If mods think I should make a separate thread for this I will, but I figured since everyone's in here anyway it doesn't matter.
We have a G27
Hello LFS'ers,

This is Shaun Cole with Sim Racing Tonight / Inside Sim Racing. We have been working with a G27 for quite a while.

We are finally able to bring a full review to light. Check out our review of the Logi G27 now out. The wheel has been improved and looks great.

www.insidesimracing.tv

Thanks for your support
The primary question... will ff be faster? And are You real? Wow... so it's true..
im real allright.

But the big question is a real what????

dont all feel the need to jump in on that comment
Quote from shaun cole :im real allright.

But the big question is a real what????

dont all feel the need to jump in on that comment

Goo (Logitech) <-- is he real sorry (and he is... it's just a minor joke about all the fuss... i mean he always can be an imposter )... it wasn't to You ... and thanks for review, already watching it ^^.
Quote from Byku :Goo (Logitech) <-- is he real sorry (and he is... it's just a minor joke about all the fuss... i mean he always can be an imposter )... it wasn't to You ... and thanks for review, already watching it ^^.

He is real, he posted legitimate info about the G25 on these forums as well.
Ok ok ok... nvm!
I haven't done explicit time trials (and I don't have wheels at home, so I'd have to wait until I get to the office anyway) but the G27 will only turn slightly faster, if at all.

And as far as the name goes... I go by Goo online but corporate policy requires I put Logitech in my forum username unless I've registered somewhere before. Over on RSC I'm just Goo. :/

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG