The online racing simulator
Logitech G27 - General Discussion
#2 - G!NhO
looks fake
looks like a fake to me. Why?

1. not a single source available from logitech (google) as far as i can see it

2. same shifter, same pedals and wow look 6 buttons on the wheel

3. no big pictures (zoom in the picture with the frontal view of the wheel, looks paint(ed) to me

But well, since i dont understand a single word of that language on that site its just a guess afterall.
The poster in the site says that he found the info in the Logitech site, btw don´t know if that´s true.

Adolfo Herrera.
Additional wheel buttons clearly photoshopped by someone who's never used photoshop before.
Quote from ADOLF1612 :The poster in the site says that he found the info in the Logitech site, btw don´t know if that´s true.

Adolfo Herrera.

so why wouldn't he post that link instead? Very dodgy dont you think?
I just got hint for G27 and almost first result in Google :P
Yes just searched in Google, Yahoo and Logitech´s site, it appears in that site and other sites just links to it, i´m thinking in a fake too.

Adolfo Herrera.
i work for a large UK PC retailer and I deal with Logitech on a daily Basis and have seen the roadmap for harware releases for the first quarter of next year and can confirm that the G27 is real and is due for release in March 09. although, all i see on the list is "G27 - Steering wheel set - Gaming" so cannot confirm any more details. i know nothing of its features of design and neither does the UK sales manager so we will have to wait and see. the picture could be genuine but i think they would change more than whats pictures.
#10 - mr_x
Quote from quango2k :i work for a large UK PC retailer and I deal with Logitech on a daily Basis and have seen the roadmap for harware releases for the first quarter of next year and can confirm that the G27 is real and is due for release in March 09. although, all i see on the list is "G27 - Steering wheel set - Gaming" so cannot confirm any more details. i know nothing of its features of design and neither does the UK sales manager so we will have to wait and see. the picture could be genuine but i think they would change more than whats pictures.

I can confirm this, I work for a small UK PC retailer and have seen the same thing!
This is confusing. :S
Quote from hansonator69 :This is confusing. :S

I think its all british humor and LIES!! ALL LIES!!

Or it could be truth. Meh.

"G27 racing wheel set - PC - Embargo MAR/APR 09" Expected date from worker that posted at Nogrip.
What I guess has happened is that the people of that website have heard the same news, that a "G27" is coming and nothing else. Then they have photoshopped some pics themselves to go with it in order to make the news more "interesting" to get more ad views/clicks.
Quote from Kegetys :What I guess has happened is that the people of that website have heard the same news, that a "G27" is coming and nothing else. Then they have photoshopped some pics themselves to go with it in order to make the news more "interesting" to get more ad views/clicks.

Yes that. I wouldn't buy the G27 looking like that.
G25 looks nicer AND looks like a racing wheel, not a ricer wheel
I think there IS a real G27, just that the posted one is fake.
Hopefully if it's some kind of answer to Fanatec's latest wheel and especially pedals.
If only difference will be buttons on wheel i am defenetly not buying it .
I'm sure shifter quality would be improved. However I'm still very skeptical as to whether this wheel is legit or not. Google's given me piss all in English, and loads of Spanish sites (obviously I cannot understand), so I'm just going to forget about it and customize my G25 instead of buying a 'G27', should it ever come out. But what a stupid name for a wheel >_>
#20 - VoiD
Quote from quango2k :...and can confirm that the G27 is real and is due for release in March 09.

I can confirm that march 09 is my birthday...
Quote from VoiD :I can confirm that march 09 is my birthday...

i can confirm its also my birthday

Anyway OT: Looks crap and fake, though i do hope that real (if this isnt real that is) pictures leak onto the web so we can get a proper look at whats to come
Holy crap 4(!!1) extra buttons! It must be real!

I'd be dissapointed if the next Logi wheel looked almost exactly the same as the G25.
Quote from S14 DRIFT :But what a stupid name for a wheel >_>

What should it be called then? Logitech mouses and keyboards are Gx too. This Fanatec "Turbo S" or "GT3 RS" naming after real Porsche models is even more stupid, but apparently the name aspect alone aspect is appealing to many people.
Well at least Logitech has G for their gaming stuff.

The Fanatac stuff is just marketing ploy shit.
Oh wait, it has been confirmed that G29 is already out

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG