how is my drifting
(86 posts, started )
what is the best drifting track/segment/layout
fernbay black on hot tires
Quote from logitekg25 :what is the best drifting track/segment/layout

Why go drifting in the first place?
Quote from logitekg25 :what is the best drifting track/segment/layout

what's the best flavour of icecream?
Bad drifting Any tips on how to improve it?

Edit: This is the first time I drift in a long time too.

P.S. sorry for my english (if it's bad)
Attached files
Daanroof_drift.spr - 78.9 KB - 102 views
Quote from daanroof :Bad drifting Any tips on how to improve it?

Edit: This is the first time I drift in a long time too.

P.S. sorry for my english (if it's bad)

i recently got a liscense, it is worth it big time!!!! XRT drifting is so much easier, and blackwood drifting sucks!! anyway, you should go faster, start sooner, and PRACTICE!!!! try turning around in blackwood, right at the first corner...refer to my second video on the first page...

any way, another one to rate, and PLEASE rate, i need to know how i am for tryouts to get into a team.
Attached files
LOGITEKG25_WE1R_XRT.spr - 129.1 KB - 130 views
question?
what tires do most of u use because ive cant get the xrt to drift anymore, the first demo i played it was easy , i just bought LFS S2 two days ago and now the tires dont last but like 4 or 5 turns then there gone it just spins,so are people using the mod to put slicks on the road cars.road normal seem to last alittle longer but not much any awnsers will be appreciated.sorry if my question is in the wrong place new to the forum.
Quote from angerkill :what tires do most of u use because ive cant get the xrt to drift anymore, the first demo i played it was easy , i just bought LFS S2 two days ago and now the tires dont last but like 4 or 5 turns then there gone it just spins,so are people using the mod to put slicks on the road cars.road normal seem to last alittle longer but not much any awnsers will be appreciated.sorry if my question is in the wrong place new to the forum.

compromise stiff suspension with over inflated tires...even with the tires in the red, with soft springs it is still quite easy to drift...lemme get you my prized setup...you are the first person to give it to. i will just pm it over

EDIT: how can you PM an attachment? whatever, i will post it here, please do not share it with everybody as i am very proud to call it MY own
how did it work?
ok, i tried drifting in the rb4 for a change...and was drifting in south city, for pretty much the first real time...and the first replay is barely knowing the track...the second one is literally the FIRST try on westhill reverse with the RB4, the begginning is awesome IMO and the end kinda sux.
Attached files
LOGITEKG25_SO4_RB4_FINISHED.spr - 223.6 KB - 137 views
LOGITEKG25_WE1R_RB4_FINISHED.spr - 252.9 KB - 122 views
Watch out for the durifto boyz comming in here and yelling at you "rb4 cannot zrift as it is 4WD! y0".
Quote from G!NhO :Watch out for the durifto boyz comming in here and yelling at you "rb4 cannot zrift as it is 4WD! y0".

It is? Hmm.. I was already wondering why that thing wouldn't easily go sideways.
[url="file:///X:/New%20Folder/data/spr/drift%20%5Ec%29.spr"]file:///X:/New%20Folder/data/spr/drift%20%5Ec).spr[/url]
Look at this
I use this BL1R autocross set for practicing my DORIFTO! And it's actually pretty good for changing direction etc. Give it a go with all sorts of cars.

BTW, your drifting is alright, but you gotta move up to the XRT after using the RB4 for a while, which is what i did. Infact i even made a thread like this myself! But, if you do want to stick to 4WD, i've attatched a drift set up for the FXR, which is great for drifting if you wanted to drift something powerful but also fairly easy to control.
Attached files
BL1R_DriftRun.lyt - 252 B - 130 views
FXR_drift_e2mus2495.set - 132 B - 972 views
Quote from mamoru :I am not using drift as a showoff but more as a tactic to go round the corners faster without much braking as I am losing some speed in those corners anyways.

Losing grip around a corner will always be slower than taking a proper slow in fast out approach.

Drift is purely for showing off, unless you are on a tight autocross layout where sometimes (key word), it is faster to slide a little.
( On fine tarmac ) If you car is not badly tuned, typical drifting skills are not likely to help unless you're going through some tight bends or some specially designed corners. And when you drive in a long race, high-angle sliding is evil.

Show drifting experience may help you to catch a spin.

BTW, I don't think there is really something called "drifting vs grip" in racing. It's called "slip angle control (balance)".
Quote from Keling :"drifting vs grip"

I hate people who say "grippers" "gripping" "grip racing" or any other NFS inspired non-drift driving style.
Quote from N1PPER :I hate people who say "grippers" "gripping" "grip racing" or any other NFS inspired non-drift driving style.

It is not a NFS (I think you mean NeedForSpeed? if so, I continue) inspired thing. It has always been there. You have either grip or drift. Some even say that (yes, initial d) there is a 'not grip, nor drift but in between' thingie. You can call it anyway you like but there is a grip run.

anyways, my main point was will heel/toe work for drifting?
- for some reason my other post got deleted so yea..
Quote from mamoru :It is not a NFS (I think you mean NeedForSpeed? if so, I continue) inspired thing. It has always been there. You have either grip or drift. Some even say that (yes, initial d) there is a 'not grip, nor drift but in between' thingie. You can call it anyway you like but there is a grip run.

anyways, my main point was will heel/toe work for drifting?
- for some reason my other post got deleted so yea..

NFS certainly made the term "gripping etc" mainstream then.

As for heel/toe, it's used for keeping traction in RWD cars. (In the most basic of explanations). Can it help drifting? Sure, if that's your style. It's got no "correct" answer, just what you feel works best for you.
OK, thank you for your explanation : >
Fiddle drift
i wasnt trying to drift but, who reconmends drifting in this
i get a OOS error
Same. I think the 'R34' pretty much says it?
doesnt work for me either

how is my drifting
(86 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG