The online racing simulator
how is my drifting
(86 posts, started )
demo racers cant watch but i just want to know..

hows my drifting
Attached files
how did i do.spr - 350.1 KB - 244 views
and for the demo drifters out there

im not the best but i can drift
Attached files
BL1R_XRG_drifting.spr - 114.7 KB - 250 views
Quote from 91mason91 :Tried your set on your layout and look what i managed - i dont drift, ever.

Please watch and rate.

not bad for a person that doesnt drift

now heat the tires to 150 and see how you manage
can we find a way so demos can see it

and can somebody rate mine please! i worked really hard!
Quote from logitekg25 :can we find a way so demos can see it

and can somebody rate mine please! i worked really hard!

No, we can't see replays of other tracks besides BL1, BL2, BL3.

As for your drifting, I understand that it is quite harder to get the XRG in a drift but you'll get it. And try reaching your hanrds for the handbrake, because that is the most effective way to drift XRG.
Quote from only.one.RydeR :No, we can't see replays of other tracks besides BL1, BL2, BL3.

As for your drifting, I understand that it is quite harder to get the XRG in a drift but you'll get it. And try reaching your hanrds for the handbrake, because that is the most effective way to drift XRG.

did u see my recent one? the one a few posts up...i think it is pretty good, it is not the BEST i can do...just showing the gist of what i am doing.
Quote from PLAYAPIMP :demo racers cant watch but i just want to know..
hows my drifting

Just testdrived the spr, had a wonderful time with your layout ! 
Maybe you can try to be a little bit more aggressive. Try more slippy setups. You'll be more senstive.
Attached files
Test Drive_AU1_XRT.spr - 173 KB - 220 views
Here you go demo guys, remember i dont ever drift.

XRG on Blackwood.

Pm me for setup if you want it.
Attached files
WS.C • MasoN_BL1_XRG_2.spr - 136.3 KB - 242 views
I've downloaded about all of the replays posted here, but with almost every single one, when I try to play it in LFS, it says "Recorded with a later version." What does that mean? What do I need to do to play them?
Quote from axle427 :I've downloaded about all of the replays posted here, but with almost every single one, when I try to play it in LFS, it says "Recorded with a later version." What does that mean? What do I need to do to play them?

download the latest version of lfs
When I go to the mirrors to download LFS, it says the file to download is Alpha version Z. That's what I downloaded and installed already. Am I missing something here?
download the latest patch, or for mine, i used version Z without any patches
It's a little bit difficult to drift on BL1R. When I began my drift training, I was told to foucs on FE3R, and I'm just begining to try other tracks. But if you're a demo racer, BL1R is OK.
Here's a slippy set.
Attached files
BL1_XRG.spr - 114.9 KB - 248 views
XRG_D.set - 132 B - 992 views
-
(RasmusL) DELETED by RasmusL
BL1R isnt in demo
Quote from 91mason91 :BL1R isnt in demo

As far as i know there is a cruise option in demo, which makes it possible to drive the BL1r variation.
Quote from 91mason91 :BL1R isnt in demo

it is if shift+F and turn around

why is the wrong way still in my shift+F, along with the fps?
alright, i honestly think more people need to get rid of the clutch and handbrake button for a bit and learn how to drift a XRG using just steering and throttle.

drifting is ultimately about balance, u get a feel for the balance of the car, then having a clutch and handbrake just become a luxury to refine ur driving.

i'll quickly do a lap around blackwood in an XRG and post up the replay just to give people an idea.

now it's nothing special i know, wasnt trying to be, just showing the basics people should be putting down before they try and get better. no initiation there was any clutch or handbrake used, in fact im pretty sure no clutch was used throughout the lap, just some handbrake to extend the entries.

all that was used to get the car sliding was some steering input and throttle control, simply by reading the balance and pushing the right buttons at the right time.

these days all i see is people just clutching and handbraking into every corner, then just powering through, 99% of drifters on LFS would fail completely if u took their handbrake and clutch away.
Attached files
test.spr - 88.9 KB - 269 views
Quote from nisskid :alright, i honestly think more people need to get rid of the clutch and handbrake button for a bit and learn how to drift a XRG using just steering and throttle.

drifting is ultimately about balance, u get a feel for the balance of the car, then having a clutch and handbrake just become a luxury to refine ur driving.

i'll quickly do a lap around blackwood in an XRG and post up the replay just to give people an idea.

now it's nothing special i know, wasnt trying to be, just showing the basics people should be putting down before they try and get better. no initiation there was any clutch or handbrake used, in fact im pretty sure no clutch was used throughout the lap, just some handbrake to extend the entries.

all that was used to get the car sliding was some steering input and throttle control, simply by reading the balance and pushing the right buttons at the right time.

these days all i see is people just clutching and handbraking into every corner, then just powering through, 99% of drifters on LFS would fail completely if u took their handbrake and clutch away.

i try to do every type
if u can, stick with just with a feint intiation while ur practicing by urself, then during battles if u need to refine ur drift then use clutch and hb. the less u rely on the clutch and handbrake, the better ull be when it comes time to using them.
i was all excited, getting the micro-switches, and a ps2 controller to re-wire, and then i figured out a way to use my joy-stick as a hand-brake, and now i dont use it AT ALL

i use a combonation of the feint, and whatever putting in the clutch, coasting and letting out the clutch, to initiate oversteer
gratz on s2 lol
Quote from PLAYAPIMP :gratz on s2 lol

thanks, but i still REALLY want to use it, my gaming computer needs to get internet somehow :banghead:
This is me (and I have to say, im abit tired now)

What do I need to improve?
Attached files
Drifting^q^co.spr - 68.2 KB - 243 views
#50 - STF
car error/oos error?

how is my drifting
(86 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG