The online racing simulator
how is my drifting
(86 posts, started )
how is my drifting
i could not find a thread of what i need, so i am going to start one, post your drifting videos, and coments will hopefully come, and what to improve. let me start with mine, and while i am at it, not using fraps, because i do not want to have a 30 second time limit, what can i use to make a youtube compatable video?
How can I open and view that file?
Open it with your LFS.exe and then find it in replays.
Fraps does not have a 30 second time limit?
The reason that you didn't find a thread about drift videos, is very likely the fact that drifting generally isn't very well liked on this forum
FYI - while there is no special thread for it, there are vids and links for drift vids in the LFS > Media > Movies Forum. Might even get some help with methods there.

Contrary to the most unhumble opinion of RasmusL - there are folks who post all sorts of vids - even drift vids - which are enjoyed by those who are interested. The LFS community is diverse and we should all welcome that diversity (MHO)...........

Quote from RasmusL :The reason that you didn't find a thread about drift videos, is very likely the fact that drifting generally isn't very well liked on this forum

@RasmusL - you may or may not share the supposed antipathy towards drifting that you suggest exists on the forum - but it would be helpful to not perpetuate generalizations that may not be true at all. There are some few vocal drift-haters, but it is wrong to suppose that is generally the case on the forum, or more importantly, that it should be the case.
Quote from RasmusL :Fraps does not have a 30 second time limit?

yes the new free version does
About Fraps, just buy it. My full version works perfectly - i record as much as my HDD can carry
Quote from hazaky :About Fraps, just buy it. My full version works perfectly - i record as much as my HDD can carry

no, i do not need it that badly, hows my drifting anyway, that is not the very best i can do, i just do bad when i am doing it for the camera
#9 - G!NhO
Your drifting is pretty ****ing shit.

No, you aren't really drifting it's more like power oversteer, that means you just punch the throttle mid corner and then the back slides.

You need to go faster and go sideways into the turn, and then its all good.
Quote from G!NhO :Your drifting is pretty ****ing shit.

No, you aren't really drifting it's more like power oversteer, that means you just punch the throttle mid corner and then the back slides.

You need to go faster and go sideways into the turn, and then its all good.

ok, so in other words, make them longer, and deeper. and i use either the brakes, or the feint, and sometimes the power oversteer to get it loose, i try to navagate away from hand-brake drifts.
Here's my attempt. Can anybody give me any pointers?
Attached files
hi_drift.spr - 106.4 KB - 237 views
Quote from turborx7 :Here's my attempt. Can anybody give me any pointers?

i can try, my computer is so bad i cant even watch my own replays without it freezing and saying my graphics card is not good enough
Quote from xlilsoldi3rx :Heres my attempt too, tips would b nice. =)

Drift_Attemp2.spr

You're not drifting in a single of those corners
Some mistakes:
It seems like you're having a real tough time handling the FFB or whatever, on the straight your wheel is swaying back and forth =)

You overrev the engine when downshifting into 2nd gear, 2 times.

When drifting, you should try to follow the optimal racing line, just with tiny modifications to accomodate you going sideways.

Don't hit the rev limiter when going sideways, change up to 3rd gear instead then. Might wanna try lowering the gear ratio a bit if the engine feels dead there.

Following the tip about going into 3rd gear, keep the car in a steady drift angle. Don't overdo the angle unless you have a car with enough power and speed to pull if off (and you need a lot more skill). You do this by applying the right amount of lock and throttle.. You don't always run throttle to the floor in drifts
sorry for the inconvienience, but i have another question about my video. so i got the part where i need to come in faster, and start sooner, but is it worthless trying with the XRG, cause it is REALLY hard with it. what is a good blackwood corner?
Thanx for the tips would u recommend any sites of videos from players that i can learn from have been looking but no success.
look, just burn your rear tyres to 100'c and you'll be drifting
Any good drifts replays with the XRG out there?
Here's my 2 laps drifting replay. I know it isn't so good but I don't have a drift setup for XRG. I hope it'll help a bit. I prefer watching the 2nd lap.

Edit: oh, now I doubt you'll run the replay because demo racer's can't use BL1R, sorry then Wait for the next replays from others.
Attached files
BL1R_XRG_drifting.spr - 114.7 KB - 211 views
Quote from Flame CZE :Here's my 2 laps drifting replay. I know it isn't so good but I don't have a drift setup for XRG. I hope it'll help a bit. I prefer watching the 2nd lap.

Edit: oh, now I doubt you'll run the replay because demo racer's can't use BL1R, sorry then Wait for the next replays from others.

Damn was getting ready to watch it.
Quote from Flame CZE :Here's my 2 laps drifting replay. I know it isn't so good but I don't have a drift setup for XRG. I hope it'll help a bit. I prefer watching the 2nd lap.

I just dropped that into my SPR folder to watch it, and it keeps telling me it was made with a later version and won't let me view it. What's up with that?
Oh damn, sorry, I forgot I recorded it in Z13. I will upload a fixed replay soon.
very nice video, and i have ben trying to drift much steeper, but that angle looks good enough! how much easier is the XRT to drift over the XRG
i have been practicing all day, and i still suck, but here is the best i have doing a whole lap...i havent even seen it in demo or any where but interior because my computer freeses everytime i try to.
Attached files
LOGITEKG25_BL1_XRG_16.spr - 204.4 KB - 172 views

how is my drifting
(86 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG