The online racing simulator
Lockerz
(328 posts, started )
Quote from Luke.S :hmm they have nothing in stock what so ever in electricals

i thik its a new site so start gathering your points up and save
Sounds to me like it's a load of bullcrap and that site won't be around for very long. My invite hasn't come through yet so I can only go by what I read here but... like BlakjeKaas said, nothing is free. A site that "gives" away stuff for points that you earn in a 2D arcade game can't work unless they get a considerable income, and the guys running that site will sure as hell not be paying that stuff out of their own pocket. So either it's a scam or there's a catch. Like "sign up for only $9.99 and get xxxxxxx ". You won't see that now, obviously. First they need to get the hype going - which they seem to be successful at - and get sufficient idiots erhm... I mean members signing up.
If anyone wants an invite pm me
Anyone bothered to read their terms at all?
http://www.lockerz.com/terms

Set off more than just a few alarmbells with me...but gl to whoever did/does register.
Quote from Noccy :Anyone bothered to read their terms at all?
http://www.lockerz.com/terms

Set off more than just a few alarmbells with me...but gl to whoever did/does register.

Same here.. they protect themselfs against everything but don't seem to 'protect' their members..
Quote from Sponge :Same here.. they protect themselfs against everything but don't seem to 'protect' their members..

I didn't know there are many terms of service agreements where that company/corperation would protect its joining members.
well, my point is, that on that site, if you do something wrong, you're screwed.. if they do something wrong, you're still screwed..
7. Will Lockerz ship internationally: Once Lockerz begins selling products this fall, we will ship to many countries outside the US (check back at launch time for a complete list).

Only US at the moment.
PM me for invites!
Quote :LINKING AND THIRD PARTY CONTENT

The Website may contain links to third-party websites not under our control or operation. We provide any such links only as a convenience and do not endorse and are not responsible for the contents of any linked site or any link contained in a linked site. The Website may contain news, advertisements, content and information published by various third-party providers. Use of any such third-party content may be conditioned upon such third party's terms and conditions.

That is rather worrying!
Why is it worrying? This forum has links to 3rd party websites out of the developers control. And adverts at the top of the page that link to external sites.

That's how the internet works - you can't control the content of every site that someone might link to
So has anyone actually got anything worthwhile out of this?
Noup.
Since most of the prizes cost quite a lot of points and are currently only available in the US, it's unlikely that anyone will have saved up enough to get something yet.

What worries me is that they'll have very limited stock. GameTrailers does a similar thing now, although they make you use your points to bid. But there's only ever like 2 of the thing you're bidding on so 99% of the time the ones they're touting are at crazy numbers.
djnoku(at)hotmail(dot)com
#43 - dev
I have invites if anyone needs them...
As do I

I almost have enough PTZ for the Guitar Hero 5 bundles. Of course, it's impossible to get anything while they have nothing in stock. I complained about that to them a while ago, that we're answering market research questions and getting nothing in return. Hopefully they'll actually add some stuff soon.
Then I'll have to decide which version of GH5 to go for
Quote from Dajmin :As do I

I almost have enough PTZ for the Guitar Hero 5 bundles. Of course, it's impossible to get anything while they have nothing in stock. I complained about that to them a while ago, that we're answering market research questions and getting nothing in return. Hopefully they'll actually add some stuff soon.
Then I'll have to decide which version of GH5 to go for

it will be NTSC.
Well then I guess it'd have to be the PS3 version then, eh?
If they had any sense, they'd sell local versions via Amazon or something. Like Gaming Lagoon (or whatever it's called).
Quote from Dajmin :Well then I guess it'd have to be the PS3 version then, eh?
If they had any sense, they'd sell local versions via Amazon or something. Like Gaming Lagoon (or whatever it's called).

they are gonna do amazon gift cards

250ptz for £50 and 500ptz for £300
I got an invite from Lockerz itself today.

Has anyone actually got anything out of this yet? It still sounds like some kind of "scam" to me.
Quote from obsolum :I got an invite from Lockerz itself today.

Has anyone actually got anything out of this yet? It still sounds like some kind of "scam" to me.

Nah it's actually only just officially opened. It's been beta up until today.
i hate this site already... some of their users have been spamming forums continuously.

Lockerz
(328 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG