The online racing simulator
Live For Speed - Collateral Collision
(157 posts, started )
Quote from Itar (CZ) :Where to start. All in all, I liked it, but I'm quite confused of so many "omgreatmoviethebest!" posts. Don't get me wrong, I don't think this movie is bad.. but it seems to me that hype did most of the work here and I think that all in all it's overrated. To movie itself...

I really admire work you had to spend with sound effects. Those were really amazing and did main part of job for atmosphere and final feeling. Some crashes were also spectacular and looked almost real, which is impressive, since LFS don't have that good crash model atm. Any other than that, I think it wasn't bad, but it wasn't top. Camera could be better, some story would be also appreciated in this kind of movie, and so on...

8/10 for spectacular crashes, very good sync of sound effects and for handling a lot of drivers on the server for what you needed.

Thanks for the feedback Itar. As I said before, this movie won't be for everyone since it is not your everyday LFS movie, so all I can say is that I did my absolute best for what is my first ever LFS movie, and wanted to do something a bit different
another suggestion, may be nit-picking again not quite sure but i noticed that sometimes the damage in the back of the car from getting rear-ended was gone, you could have just slammed the back up against the wall or something
Yes you are nitpicking again

There were so many separate scenes to do that I made a conscious effort to deliberately damage the back of my car with each take. But I think on one occasion I forgot There are a lot more goofs than this in the film too, but in a way it makes it more movie like to have mistakes to spot

There are also a few personal touches that nobody seems to have picked up on yet...
Quote from Start Wars :There are also a few personal touches that nobody seems to have picked up on yet...

like the fact that it diddnt come with a sequel (spelling?)
No, some little details that were added for you to spot
Quote from Start Wars :No, some little details that were added for you to spot

well...now i am off to spot them, be back in about 14 minutes

EDIT: computer being gay, so i cant view the vids
Quote from itar (cz) :where to start. All in all, i liked it, but i'm quite confused of so many "omgreatmoviethebest!" posts. Don't get me wrong, i don't think this movie is bad.. But it seems to me that hype did most of the work here and i think that all in all it's overrated. To movie itself...

I really admire work you had to spend with sound effects. Those were really amazing and did main part of job for atmosphere and final feeling. Some crashes were also spectacular and looked almost real, which is impressive, since lfs don't have that good crash model atm. Any other than that, i think it wasn't bad, but it wasn't top. Camera could be better, some story would be also appreciated in this kind of movie, and so on...

8/10 for spectacular crashes, very good sync of sound effects and for handling a lot of drivers on the server for what you needed.

+1
Quote from logitekg25 :well...now i am off to spot them, be back in about 14 minutes

EDIT: computer being gay, so i cant view the vids

Here is an example. During the establishing shot of us joining the motorway take a closer look at the sign:

I am from Bristol in England and our motorway is the M32, so I modified the sign to express this

And there are many more besides this.
i dont see anything wrong with it
Well, I've noticed you like Sony's PSP. And was that a Ronin poster on a billboard in the background in one shot?
Yes it was, although there were actually multiple movie posters in that shot if you look again
i actually dont see anything wrong with the picture
I wasn't saying there was something wrong, I was pointing out a personal touch I added to it...
ooo i thought you were showing the picture to show that there are many slight things that went wrong
It has been an honour to be piece of such a great work really... the shots are great, dynamic and full of damage
excellent work
Quote from Itar (CZ) :I think that all in all it's overrated.

Of course it is not the best of the best but people who were working on this movie long hours and days did very good work considering they are not professional movie makers and so I think they should be appreciated for their work
Quote from bavorak : Of course it is not the best of the best but people who were working on this movie long hours and days did very good work considering they are not professional movie makers and so I think they should be appreciated for their work

You told it like other movie makers don't spend days doing it... When you rate movie, you should rate it as objective as you can imo. I do respect them and I also said it, but it has nothing to do with fact that it's overrated.
Quote from Itar (CZ) :You told it like other movie makers don't spend days doing it... When you rate movie, you should rate it as objective as you can imo. I do respect them and I also said it, but it has nothing to do with fact that it's overrated.

This movie has had years spent on it. IIRC it was started in patch X and finished in Patch Z
Not quite years, but an extraordinary amount of time was spent preparing, executing and then finally editing this project. I'm doubtful many other movies have had this amount of time put into a project as it certainly took more than a few days I really put my all into it.
Quote from Itar (CZ) :You told it like other movie makers don't spend days doing it...

I m sure this was being made much longer than other movies...it is over 12- minute-long and there are dosens of shots still dynamic with a good camera...and creating the scenes in lfs wasnt easy too...I have tried it myself
maybe the 5-star rating isnt just for quality but also for the idea and the hard work which was put into it it just impressed people
but all in all...you are a bit right...it can still be better and if it was it still would have just those 5 stars...now there is no motivating star to improve
Holy........F***

Was thinking about trying my own movies due to a bout of insomnia, but after watching that it would be like comparing my member against Linford Christies....I would feel wholly inadequate no matter how much I pull.

Again great video and well done.
Quote from bavorak :I m sure this was being made much longer than other movies...it is over 12- minute-long and there are dosens of shots still dynamic with a good camera...and creating the scenes in lfs wasnt easy too...I have tried it myself
maybe the 5-star rating isnt just for quality but also for the idea and the hard work which was put into it it just impressed people
but all in all...you are a bit right...it can still be better and if it was it still would have just those 5 stars...now there is no motivating star to improve

Thank you, well said bavorak.

And thanks to everyone who has seen our work so far!
It's probably only me but...
It was a bit boring having 11 minutes of crashing over and over again.
It kinda lacked originality.. i mean... we've seen car crashes all the time... Is there anything different these days?
Just a few other things... Try to have sort of a film look and sort of make it look exciting. It looks a bit slow to me... You could try to change the look a bit... like give it a vignetting effect and sort of make the colors a bit more intense and warm. It just adds to the feel of the movie.
Also, try to have more of a story. It may be a bit hard but it might actually help make it more interesting.
Anyway. You tried hard. Nice movie.
Quote from ethan520 :It's probably only me but...
It was a bit boring having 11 minutes of crashing over and over again.
It kinda lacked originality.. i mean... we've seen car crashes all the time... Is there anything different these days?
Just a few other things... Try to have sort of a film look and sort of make it look exciting. It looks a bit slow to me... You could try to change the look a bit... like give it a vignetting effect and sort of make the colors a bit more intense and warm. It just adds to the feel of the movie.
Also, try to have more of a story. It may be a bit hard but it might actually help make it more interesting.
Anyway. You tried hard. Nice movie.

Seeing the FXO in action should be enough to excite you boy!
All because i'm 12 years old doesn't mean i'm an annoying brat who likes to make cars pregnant.

Live For Speed - Collateral Collision
(157 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG